Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Mar '16 12:29
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    21 Mar '16 14:17
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI
    How many threads are you going to start about the Wall? There is already a wall at the San Diego crossing. I was there, on the Mexican side and witnessed some young fellows in view of the border guards form a human ladder, over which quite a few disappeared over the wall.

    Walls have never prevented entry or exit.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Mar '16 14:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    How many threads are you going to start about the Wall? There is already a wall at the San Diego crossing. I was there, on the Mexican side and witnessed some young fellows in view of the border guards form a human ladder, over which quite a few disappeared over the wall.

    Walls have never prevented entry or exit.
    and idiots supporting a border wall need to be made fun of. like john oliver does in the video. he ridicules trump for being idiotic.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    21 Mar '16 15:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    and idiots supporting a border wall need to be made fun of. like john oliver does in the video. he ridicules trump for being idiotic.
    Let's face it. A large part of the border is already equipped with a wall. First the Rio Grande river, and then miles of very inhospitable desert to cross. Many illegals die every year attempting to cross that wall.

    Building a fence isn't any answer. Prosecuting those who hire illegals will take away the incentive to come illegally. As long as there is financial incentive, they will come.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    21 Mar '16 15:58
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    and idiots supporting a border wall need to be made fun of. like john oliver does in the video. he ridicules trump for being idiotic.
    Oliver is just as idiotic as the folks he makes fun of. He offers no solutions.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    21 Mar '16 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Oliver is just as idiotic as the folks he makes fun of. He offers no solutions.
    How is pointing out the gigantic flaws and monumental impracticality of something that could utterly blow taxpayer money "idiotic"?

    And he does offer a solution: don't vote for Trump.
  7. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    21 Mar '16 16:26
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Oliver is just as idiotic as the folks he makes fun of. He offers no solutions.
    The waffle iron plan seems like a good solution.
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Mar '16 16:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Oliver is just as idiotic as the folks he makes fun of. He offers no solutions.
    Oliver isn't running for president. (He couldn't he wasn't born in the USA).
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56305
    21 Mar '16 17:00
    I want Trump as president and I want that multi-billion dollar wall built!
    Obviously Mexico won't pay for it... It's gonna be classic!
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Mar '16 17:35
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Oliver is just as idiotic as the folks he makes fun of. He offers no solutions.
    that's only because you failed to understand the point. he didn't offer to come up with a solution to the immigrant problem. he is trying to make the audience understand another problem: the trump problem. the solution (one of) to that is to inform the public of all the times trump comes up with idiotic ideas.

    perhaps you should try to think more and prejudice less. you might understand more of the world around you.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52855
    21 Mar '16 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I want Trump as president and I want that multi-billion dollar wall built!
    Obviously Mexico won't pay for it... It's gonna be classic!
    After all, we can't let the Chinese be the one with the best wall, damn the price, 50 billion? 100 billion? 1 trillion? Who cares, lets have a wall, 200 feet high and 2000 miles long with ramparts, gun ports and electrically protected weak points, Can't have all those dozens of Mexican illegals get through can we.
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Mar '16 21:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    After all, we can't let the Chinese be the one with the best wall, damn the price, 50 billion? 100 billion? 1 trillion? Who cares, lets have a wall, 200 feet high and 2000 miles long with ramparts, gun ports and electrically protected weak points, Can't have all those dozens of Mexican illegals get through can we.
    If you build it on the Canadian border it will be longer! (its the longest international boundary in the world.)
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Mar '16 23:09
    Originally posted by vivify
    How is pointing out the gigantic flaws and monumental impracticality of something that could utterly blow taxpayer money "idiotic"?

    And he does offer a solution: don't vote for Trump.
    And why is it that Dims only seems to care about spending taxpayer money when it comes to building a wall?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Mar '16 23:10
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I want Trump as president and I want that multi-billion dollar wall built!
    Obviously Mexico won't pay for it... It's gonna be classic!
    Trump should build one like the China wall, only bigger.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Mar '16 23:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    And why is it that Dims only seems to care about spending taxpayer money when it comes to building a wall?
    because it's useless.

    social programs actually help people.
Back to Top