Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 23:25
    Trump said he was going to pull out of Syria and it would be the rest of the world's problem. Then his lawyer gets raided and suddenly he turns into a war hawk again and wants to bomb Syria again.

Coincidence or blackmail?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohens-office/2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.804928d9d333
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 01:01
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Trump said he was going to pull out of Syria and it would be the rest of the world's problem. Then his lawyer gets raided and suddenly he turns into a war hawk again and wants to bomb Syria again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohen ...[text shortened]... /2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.804928d9d333
    When Clinton was in the middle of a sex scandal and fired missiles at Al Qaeda, everyone cried "Wag the Dog", the title of an unfortunately timed movie. In retrospect, that was a tragic mistake by Clinton's accusers, who said he started a war to detract from the Lewinsky trial. This caused negative media attention that hampered Clinton's effectiveness in killing Bin Laden. I'm not saying he would've succeeded; but that's a significant and tragic "maybe" in history.

However....

I wouldn't put firing missiles to distract from bad press past Trump. He has so thoroughly and frequently proved that he cares about his own interests more than his own staff, more than the Republican party, and more than America. I truly think this is a genuine case of "Wag the Dog" here, especially given Trump's flip-flop.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 01:23
    Originally posted by @vivify
    When Clinton was in the middle of a sex scandal and fired missiles at Al Qaeda, everyone cried "Wag the Dog", the title of an unfortunately timed movie. In retrospect, that was a tragic mistake by Clinton's accusers, who said he started a war to detract from the Lewinsky trial. This caused negative media attention that hampered Clinton's effectiveness in k ...[text shortened]... I truly think this is a genuine case of "Wag the Dog" here, especially given Trump's flip-flop.
    I can't WAIT till he cans Mueller, the shyte will fly then.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 01:46
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I can't WAIT till he cans Mueller, the shyte will fly then.
    Nope. Not a damn thing will happen.

Remember: just barely over a year ago, Republicans tried to abolish the Congressional Office of Ethics. That single act foreshadowed the Trump presidency with horrifying precision. The same people who voted to abolish an office meant to ensure ethics in Washington will have no scruples or even balls to stand up to Trump if he fired Mueller.

Keep in mind that Trump has now started attacking Mueller by name. By the time Trump is able to fire Mueller, Trump will have his base completely convinced that Mueller deserves to be fired, just like he convinced his base that all news he doesn't like is "fake news". Fox News will treat Mueller just like Hillary, throwing any dirt they can find to distract from the investigation.

So when the firing does come, not a goddamn thing will happen. Liberals will bitch, late-night comedians will crack jokes, on to the next Trump debacle.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 22:18
    When Clinton was in the middle of a sex scandal and fired missiles at Al Qaeda, everyone cried "Wag the Dog", the title of an unfortunately timed movie. In retrospect, that was a tragic mistake by Clinton's accusers, who said he started a war to detract from the Lewinsky trial. This caused negative media attention that hampered Clinton's effectiveness in k ...[text shortened]... I truly think this is a genuine case of "Wag the Dog" here, especially given Trump's flip-flop.
    Lewinski, Stormy Daniels, what is the difference? Lewinski was used to blackmail Clinton into being obedient or be impeached. Stormy is Trump's Lewinski. Saying they are trying to distract by bombing instead of being blackmailed into it really is like saying the tail wags the dog. You have it backwards. Propaganda is good at fooling you like that.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 07:07
    It's pure comedy.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 19:14
    Of course it is very likely true that Clinton Bombed the Sudan to divert attention from the impeachment trial about to get under way.
    The US admitted rather quickly that the 'evidence' did not justify the attack and on the day following the attack, when the president of the Sudan called for a UN investigation, it was the US that thwarted the investigation.
    I have always thought that of all Clinton's doings this incident, which I see as his using the US military for personal reasons, was the single worst and most deserving of impeachment.

As an aside, if you look for this item in the autobiography, MY LIFE, you are going to be disappointed. It isn't there.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 21:371 edit
    Nope. Not a damn thing will happen.

Remember: just barely over a year ago, Republicans tried to abolish the Congressional Office of Ethics. That single act foreshadowed the Trump presidency with horrifying precision. The same people who voted to abolish an office meant to ensure ethics in Washington will have no scruples or even balls to stand up to Trum ...[text shortened]... appen. Liberals will bitch, late-night comedians will crack jokes, on to the next Trump debacle.
    Don't know how far it will get but a nonpartisan bill is working through the senate. There are many senators who want to stop Trumpf from firing Mueller.

I did notice the first think our assswipe POTUS did was to try to kill the ethics committee. That made it perfectly obvious what he was after.

Fuk the world, I am POTUS. FBI going after Comey was a disgrace. Right........
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 01:05
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    It's pure comedy.
    I don't know what you find funny. Bombs kill people. Here are 2 links demonstrating Trump flip flopped on Syria twice. The first time was after a lot of Russia collusion negative coverage. After the bombing most of the Russia collusion coverage stopped. It was almost like Trump was rewarded for the bombing by giving him a break on the negative news.

YouTube

YouTube
  10. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @metal-brain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohen ...[text shortened]... /2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.804928d9d333
    Trump's lawyer was not "raided" This search was completely legal, and had to meet a very high standard of probable cause before it was approved, so stop sniveling about raids and blackmail.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 00:12
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Trump's lawyer was not "raided" This search was completely legal, and had to meet a very high standard of probable cause before it was approved, so stop sniveling about raids and blackmail.
    People are raided legally all the time. You have no point.

Trump flip flopped after the raid for the second time. Do you think that is a mere coincidence?