Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    27 Jun '18 01:33
    Evidently it was and is Constitutional all along lol
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    27 Jun '18 01:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Evidently it was and is Constitutional all along lol
    This was Trump's third travel ban which made significant changes to the first two.

    I predicted a while ago this one would pass SCOTUS muster, though I'm a bit surprised it only got a 5-4 endorsement. Haven't had time to read the opinions yet.
  3. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    27 Jun '18 01:511 edit
    Democrat Congressman Keith Ellison echoes the sentiments of most left wingers I'm sure. He argues that the Supreme Court is bought, paid for, and racist. Funny he never complained when the Supreme Court was unbalanced in favor of the liberal view. Republicans--for good reason--have been railing against the majority liberal Supreme Court for decades. But I don't recall Republicans ever using language like racist or claiming they are corrupted with money and bribes. Antonin Scalia dies, and Gorsich takes his place. The Supreme Court is no more "racist" or corrupt, or right wing than it ever was.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/keith-ellison-goes-off-on-scotus-upholding-racist-ugly-trump-policy
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    27 Jun '18 01:541 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Democrat Congressman Keith Ellison echoes the sentiments of most left wingers I'm sure. He argues that the Supreme Court is bought, paid for, and racist. Funny he never complained when the Supreme Court was unbalanced in favor of the liberal view. Republicans--for good reason--have been railing against the majority liberal Supreme Court for dec ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.thedailybeast.com/keith-ellison-goes-off-on-scotus-upholding-racist-ugly-trump-policy
    So its all right for right wingers to "rail" against the so-called "liberal" SCOTUS (when was that BTW? It hasn't had a liberal majority since before Nixon) but terrible for leftists to do so.

    Got it, Tom.

    Of course, Ellison didn't describe the SCOTUS as "racist" but Tom is never a stickler for facts that don't help his propaganda.
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    27 Jun '18 01:57
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    So its all right for right wingers to "rail" against the so-called "liberal" SCOTUS (when was that BTW?) but terrible for leftists to do so.

    Got it, Tom.
    Railing against, and branding racist, are 2 completely different things. But I can see where you would take issue with that fact, since you and your kind brand anyone who disagrees with you a racist.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    27 Jun '18 01:59
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Railing against, and branding racist, are 2 completely different things. But I can see where you would take issue with that fact, since you and your kind brand anyone who disagrees with you a racist.
    Where did Ellison call the SCOTUS "racists", Tom?

    Why are you lying again?
  7. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    27 Jun '18 01:59
    If you can show where a Republican government official labeled the Supreme Court "baby killers" because of Roe v Wade, then maybe you could equalize what Ellison did today.
  8. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    27 Jun '18 02:001 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Where did Ellison call the SCOTUS "racists", Tom?

    Why are you lying again?
    I linked the article jackass. He branded their decision a "racist" one. Let me guess. A la wolfgang, you're going to parse words and call me a compulsive liar because there is some huge difference between "you made a racist judgment" and "you are a racist."
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    27 Jun '18 02:01
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I linked the article jackass. He branded their decision a "racist" one. Let me guess. A la wolfgang, you're going to parse words and call me a compulsive liar because there is some huge difference between "you made a racist judgment" and "you are a racist."
    I read it.

    I repeat: where did Ellison call the SCOTUS "racists"?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    27 Jun '18 02:02
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I linked the article jackass. He branded their decision a "racist" one. Let me guess. A la wolfgang, you're going to parse words and call me a compulsive liar because there is some huge difference between "you made a racist judgment" and "you are a racist."
    He called Trump's policy "racist". He never said the SCOTUS were "racists".

    So you lied. Again.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    27 Jun '18 02:05
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I linked the article jackass. He branded their decision a "racist" one. Let me guess. A la wolfgang, you're going to parse words and call me a compulsive liar because there is some huge difference between "you made a racist judgment" and "you are a racist."
    You did.
    Why not read it?
    Ellison did NOT call the SCOTUS "racists".

    You stating that he did is ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR LIES.

    (If you think he did - give the quote)
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    27 Jun '18 02:11
    Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) released the following statement after the Supreme Court ruled today to uphold President Trump’s Muslim ban:

    “Today’s decision undermines the core value of religious tolerance on which America was founded. I am deeply disappointed that this ruling gives legitimacy to discrimination and Islamophobia.

    “America holds a unique place in the world as a nation of immigrants. Unlike some other countries, we welcome refugees, asylum seekers, and dreamers fleeing war and instability in other parts of the world. America is and must remain the ‘land of the free’ where the family escaping persecution in North Korea or civil war in Syria can seek shelter and thrive.”

    “Today’s ruling is unjust. Like the Korematsu decision that upheld Japanese internment camps or Plessy v. Ferguson that established ‘separate but equal,’ this decision will someday serve as a marker of shame. Until then, we must keep fighting for an America that recognizes that every human life has value and reflects our values of generosity and inclusion for all.”

    https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2018/06/26/rep-ellison-statement-supreme-court-ruling-uphold-muslim-ban
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    27 Jun '18 02:212 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) released the following statement after the Supreme Court ruled today to uphold President Trump’s Muslim ban:

    “Today’s decision undermines the core value of religious tolerance on which America was founded. I am deeply disappointed that this ruling gives legitimacy to discrimination and Islamophobia.

    “America holds a uniqu ...[text shortened]... ommondreams.org/newswire/2018/06/26/rep-ellison-statement-supreme-court-ruling-uphold-muslim-ban
    Yawn.

    Obama had a similar ban.

    It's like immigrant children being kept from their parents. It happened under Obama as well.

    I reckon partisan shills like you only care when the GOP has the Oval Office.

    Speaking of which, just get your stooges on the Supreme Court and you can make the Constitution say anything you want.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    27 Jun '18 02:22
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    This was Trump's third travel ban which made significant changes to the first two.

    I predicted a while ago this one would pass SCOTUS muster, though I'm a bit surprised it only got a 5-4 endorsement. Haven't had time to read the opinions yet.
    So you agree, Trump's travel ban is Constitutional.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    27 Jun '18 02:23
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Yawn.

    Obama had a similar ban.

    It's like immigrant children being kept from their parents. It happened under Obama as well.

    I reckon partisan shills like you only care when the GOP has the Oval Office.

    Speaking of which, just get your stooges on the Supreme Court and you can make the Constitution say anything you want.
    That s what the supreme court was appointed to do.
Back to Top