Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 14:34
    Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) just isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-defy-trump-on-national-emergency/ar-BBTbi1E
  2. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 21:27
    @mchill said
    Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) just isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the Hous ...[text shortened]...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-defy-trump-on-national-emergency/ar-BBTbi1E
    Thanks for the info, thanks for the link, but most of all, for what you think. We got historians, bible quotes, deep researchers, bored teachers,... Wonder what percentage of posters are liberal? I spect about 90%, because they have to rant and rave. Conservatives don’t seem to need to do that. Really....any cons around here?
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 22:12
    @averagejoe1 said
    Thanks for the info, thanks for the link, but most of all, for what you think. We got historians, bible quotes, deep researchers, bored teachers,... Wonder what percentage of posters are liberal? I spect about 90%, because they have to rant and rave. Conservatives don’t seem to need to do that. Really....any cons around here?
    Just whodey.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Feb '19 23:17
    @averagejoe1 said
    Why must conservatives spend their time pontificating about what liberals think and how they act? You guys never get it right, so please stop trying.
  5. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 00:31
    @suzianne said
    Why must conservatives spend their time pontificating about what liberals think and how they act? You guys never get it right, so please stop trying.
    You miss the point.....It is the acting which you mention that sets us to pondering. The acting. What is that all about. Mostly a curiosity, if you will. That is why I am here. Y'alls bantering is unbelievable and entertaining. Just the fact that you just neeeeevvver quite go, with your being pro-abortion, (as opposed to pro-life as cons are), to actually saying that taking the life of a baby is OK. I mean, that is what you think, right? So notice that not one of you ever just say it is OK,,,,,yet, our side says it is NOT ok. Can you say that you are for abortion, including the stopping of a baby's heart, which is what it is, or can you say you are not for it? Most libs answer, well it is the mother's decision. Does that answer the question I just asked? No, so now you see why cons are, in effect, 'observing' liberals as a scientist would observe a man from Mars who was just brought into the lab.

So, we don't pontificate,...rather, we observe in amazement at how you act. Whew. Dont forget my question above.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 00:50
    @averagejoe1 said
    You miss the point.....It is the acting which you mention that sets us to pondering. The acting. What is that all about. Mostly a curiosity, if you will. That is why I am here. Y'alls bantering is unbelievable and entertaining. Just the fact that you just neeeeevvver quite go, with your being pro-abortion, (as opposed to pro-life as cons are), to actually saying that ta ...[text shortened]... ntificate,...rather, we observe in amazement at how you act. Whew. Dont forget my question above.
    “So, we don't pontificate...”

Oh, the irony. The pontiff would bless you.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 01:58
    @averagejoe1 said
    You miss the point.....It is the acting which you mention that sets us to pondering. The acting. What is that all about. Mostly a curiosity, if you will. That is why I am here. Y'alls bantering is unbelievable and entertaining. Just the fact that you just neeeeevvver quite go, with your being pro-abortion, (as opposed to pro-life as cons are), to actually saying that ta ...[text shortened]... ntificate,...rather, we observe in amazement at how you act. Whew. Dont forget my question above.
    Is there no limit to your arrogance?

For the love of God, stop telling me what I think.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 02:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    Your question contains the assumption that a non-viable zygote, embryo, fetus is a "baby". Since a substantial majority of people in the United States reject that assertion and further since you are perfectly aware of that fact, your question is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst.
  9. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 03:13
    @no1marauder said
    Your question contains the assumption that a non-viable zygote, embryo, fetus is a "baby". Since a substantial majority of people in the United States reject that assertion and further since you are perfectly aware of that fact, your question is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst.
    Since a substantial majority of people in the United States reject that assertion
    Not only do the majority of people in the United States and the world reject that assertion; United states LAW rejects that assertion; along with the law in 76% of the world.
  10. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 04:09
    @kingdavid403 said
    Since a substantial majority of people in the United States reject that assertion
    Not only do the majority of people in the United States and the world reject that assertion; United states LAW rejects that assertion; along with the law in 76% of the world.
    But please understand who I’m debating with.....people who think (sorry, Suzianne) that a baby, which is a human that can survive outside of a mother’s womb, may be aborted without one scintilla of conscience . It is hardly arrogant of me to be appalled. Y’all will say ‘ I’m a man’, or ‘it’s none of my business’ or ‘A substantial number of people think....” , but if I saved a girl whose purse is being snatched, Boy, THAT is my business. You’d love it. And in all these threads of liberal dogma, none of you say it is OK to take the life of a human which can survive outside the womb. You just won’t say it. You are torn. Why won’t you say it? Conscience I guess. Thank God Trump tonite took it to that VA governor. Infanticide .And get ready for the wall. One of you should step forward, show you are not a ninny, and say it is ok to end the viability of a child. Isn’t this a debate? Take a position instead of a waltz.
  11. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 04:35
    @averagejoe1 said
    But please understand who I’m debating with.....people who think (sorry, Suzianne) that a baby, which is a human that can survive outside of a mother’s womb, may be aborted without one scintilla of conscience . It is hardly arrogant of me to be appalled. Y’all will say ‘ I’m a man’, or ‘it’s none of my business’ or ‘A substantial number of people think....” , but if I s ...[text shortened]... y it is ok to end the viability of a child. Isn’t this a debate? Take a position instead of a waltz.
    Your lies and attempts to put words in peoples mouths will not work. You're nothing but a liar as Whodey. BTW, aborting fetuses that can survive outside the womb is already illegal and has been for decades. Partial-birth abortions have been illegal for 15 years now. Take you lies and false witness somewhere else liar boy; no one with a brain here listens to a word you're saying, and we all know you're full of BS and nothing else.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 06:40
    @suzianne said
    Is there no limit to your arrogance?

For the love of God, stop telling me what I think.
    Average Shmoe and Kellyanne DuchCray are inbred siblings.
  13. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 12:49
    @kingdavid403 said
    Your lies and attempts to put words in peoples mouths will not work. You're nothing but a liar as Whodey. BTW, aborting fetuses that can survive outside the womb is already illegal and has been for decades. Partial-birth abortions have been illegal for 15 years now. Take you lies and false witness somewhere else liar boy; no one with a brain here listens to a word you're saying, and we all know you're full of BS and nothing else.
    See news.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 13:07
    @averagejoe1 said
    But please understand who I’m debating with.....people who think (sorry, Suzianne) that a baby, which is a human that can survive outside of a mother’s womb, may be aborted without one scintilla of conscience . It is hardly arrogant of me to be appalled. Y’all will say ‘ I’m a man’, or ‘it’s none of my business’ or ‘A substantial number of people think....” , but if I s ...[text shortened]... y it is ok to end the viability of a child. Isn’t this a debate? Take a position instead of a waltz.
    If, in fact, this was a debate, you'd have points taken off for: blatant assumptions, lying, and drawing conclusions not based on facts. Your "logic" is nonexistent. You are debating points that no one has brought up.
  15. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 13:501 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    See news.
    See news.
    What news? Brietbart? Info wars? Trumps state of the union address? Faux news? Nawww... I stick with truth, facts, and the law.