Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 17 Nov '10 03:07 / 1 edit
    Something needs to be done about the new TSA body scanners before those on the left are completly ruined.

    http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/3201000/3201327_a891_625x1000.jpg
  2. Standard member menace71
    Can't win a game of
    17 Nov '10 06:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Something needs to be done about the new TSA body scanners before those on the left are completly ruined.

    http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/3201000/3201327_a891_625x1000.jpg
    that's funny
  3. 17 Nov '10 18:19
    There seems to be alot of anxeity about the new scanners at airports. First of all, they leave little to the imagination when you walk through them. Secondly, they emmit radiation. No matter how low the levels of radiation may be, people simply don't like the exposure, especially those who work for the airlines and are exposed daily.

    Of course, you can refuse and get patted down. Who knows, you may even enjoy it!!
  4. Donation Luckonline
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    18 Nov '10 05:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    Something needs to be done about the new TSA body scanners before those on the left are completly ruined.

    http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/3201000/3201327_a891_625x1000.jpg
    Why, this is the perfect jobs for homosexual government personnel.
    You know that they enjoy touching your "junk"
    Finally the lesbian homeland security leader found a jobs for alike minds.
    We have to accept people regardless their sexual orientation. :o)
    Enjoy the touches! :o)

    Sincerely,

    Harri / Luck
  5. 19 Nov '10 16:18
    Originally posted by Luck
    Why, this is the perfect jobs for homosexual government personnel.
    You know that they enjoy touching your "junk"
    Finally the lesbian homeland security leader found a jobs for alike minds.
    We have to accept people regardless their sexual orientation. :o)
    Enjoy the touches! :o)

    Sincerely,

    Harri / Luck
    What is absurd is that the pilots even have to be subjected to this. If memory serves, if they wanted to they could fly the plane into the ground so why should se care if they carry a bomb on board?
  6. 19 Nov '10 16:20 / 2 edits
    What prompted these "pat downs" is the guy who stuck a bomb in his underwear. Of course, what the fail to mention is that same person was banned in several countries from flying and his own father tried to alert the CIA about him being a nutcase. If they did the sensible thing and profiled this individual he NEVER would have gotten on board nor would people now all be treated as if they were terrorists.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    19 Nov '10 16:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    What prompted these "pat downs" is the guy who stuck a bomb in his underwear. Of course, what the fail to mention is that same person was banned in several countries from flying and his own father tried to alert the CIA about him being a nutcase. If they did the sensible thing and profiled this individual he NEVER would have gotten on board nor would people now all be treated as if they were terrorists.
    Typical.

    Security measures are one step behind the times. They protect against what someone once tried to do rather than trying to determine which passengers are most likely to bomb or hijack the plane.

    Gee, I sure hope no one sticks a bomb up his... you know what. After that it will be well nigh impossible to fly.
  8. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    19 Nov '10 17:20
    Originally posted by sh76
    Typical.

    Security measures are one step behind the times. They protect against what someone once tried to do rather than trying to determine which passengers are most likely to bomb or hijack the plane.

    Gee, I sure hope no one sticks a bomb up his... you know what. After that it will be well nigh impossible to fly.
    I posted that before too. It will happen. Mark my words.


    Just make everyone who buys a plane ticket sign a document stating they realize the plane might get hijacked and they are ok with it.

    Then you can get rid of the body scanners.

    Body scanners are only there to REDUCE THE GOVT'S LIABILITY should a bomb explode!!!! This really has not much to do with safety. It's about DUE DILIGENCE.


    Sheesh.
  9. 19 Nov '10 17:21
    Originally posted by Luck
    Why, this is the perfect jobs for homosexual government personnel.
    You know that they enjoy touching your "junk"
    Finally the lesbian homeland security leader found a jobs for alike minds.
    We have to accept people regardless their sexual orientation. :o)
    Enjoy the touches! :o)

    Sincerely,

    Harri / Luck
    Although you have an excuse for being homophobic and stupid (you proudly write it in your description), i really don't understand why russ allowed you to post again...
  10. 19 Nov '10 17:53
    it's the body scanner, or this :

    http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/111910_revisedtsa_20101119_121728.jpg
  11. 19 Nov '10 20:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Typical.

    Security measures are one step behind the times. They protect against what someone once tried to do rather than trying to determine which passengers are most likely to bomb or hijack the plane.

    Gee, I sure hope no one sticks a bomb up his... you know what. After that it will be well nigh impossible to fly.
    No airline is more of a target than the Israeli airline yet they have no problems. Why then does the US not implement their tactics? In fact, I saw an interview with an Israeli official scoffing at these scanners.

    You are right, however, the next thing will be body cavity searches.
  12. 19 Nov '10 20:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    No airline is more of a target than the Israeli airline yet they have no problems. Why then does the US not implement their tactics? In fact, I saw an interview with an Israeli official scoffing at these scanners.

    You are right, however, the next thing will be body cavity searches.
    Why?! Because the new dirty word is "profiling". God forbid they do that.
  13. 20 Nov '10 00:24
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Why?! Because the new dirty word is "profiling". God forbid they do that.
    Racial profiling is pooh-poohed for sure and it should be. The moment they start that Al-Qaida will find a nice light skinned person to slip right through.

    El-al hasn't avoided having a plane blown up by simply checking every darker skinned person.
  14. Standard member Soothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    20 Nov '10 00:43
    So, let's look at the numbers if these $100,000 scanners were put in place everywhere in the U.S.:

    1) It's a fact that about 100 million Americans fly AT LEAST once per year, so let's say the average among these 100 million is about twice per year. That's 200 million scans.

    2) Wait: usually a journey is round-trip, and there has to be a scan each way. So that's actually at least 400 million scans, and very likely more like 500 million scans since many trips are multi-leg affairs.

    3) Now, some experts have reckoned the chance of getting cancer from a single scan is estimated at 1 in 30 million.

    4) So, on average, the scanners will cause 500,000,000/30,000,000 = 16.7 cancers per year.

    5) The number of people in the WORLD who fly is about 800 million, so the figure in #4 should be multiplied by 8 to get at least 133 cancers per year among all people who fly.

    6) Cancers are usually fatal. So, are the scanners really making us all "safer"...? A 5-year-old should be able to finish up the math here.

    7) The "1 in 30 million chance" is a conservative estimate, and there's the potential for a huge standard deviation here. If the chance that a single scan will cause cancer is actually "only" 1 in a million, then the statistical Law of Large Numbers dictates that the scanners will cause, in fact, 4000 cancers per year! That's like blowing up 10 plane loads of people a year -- a terrorist's wildest fantasy.

    I might also add that the scanners and other idiotic security rituals that are performed routinely at airports these days cause a great deal of stress, and stress also increases the risk of cancer as well as heart disease. The only real good the rituals produce is a definitive litmus test for the people's tolerance of fascism.
  15. Standard member Soothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    20 Nov '10 00:47
    Originally posted by Luck
    Why, this is the perfect jobs for homosexual government personnel.
    You know that they enjoy touching your "junk"
    Finally the lesbian homeland security leader found a jobs for alike minds.

    Sincerely,

    Harri / Luck
    Awww -- it's Hitler's lil' helper. Care for some tea, bitch?