Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 04 Jun '13 13:17
    If the Syrian government has to go then so does the Turkish government. The opposition in Turkey should be supported by foreign governments just like the Free Syrian terrorists....oops....I mean army rebels.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/03/us-turkey-protests-media-idUSBRE95217E20130603
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Jun '13 16:28
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    If the Syrian government has to go then so does the Turkish government. The opposition in Turkey should be supported by foreign governments just like the Free Syrian terrorists....oops....I mean army rebels.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/03/us-turkey-protests-media-idUSBRE95217E20130603
    Don't be ridiculous. There have been about 100,000 deaths in the Syrian conflict. In Turkey, there were some clashes between police and protesters. Comparing the two is a stretch, even for you.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    04 Jun '13 16:36
    CONSTANTINOPLE BELONGS TO ROME AND GREECE
  4. 04 Jun '13 16:46
    Originally posted by sh76
    Don't be ridiculous. There have been about 100,000 deaths in the Syrian conflict. In Turkey, there were some clashes between police and protesters. Comparing the two is a stretch, even for you.
    The only reason there have been so many deaths in Syria is because the USA has supplied the terrorists with enough weapons that it could reach about 100,000 deaths.
  5. 04 Jun '13 16:47
    If the rebellion gets serious, the deaths will come. It took us nearly 40 years to start the killing in the US over the Civil War conflicts.
  6. 04 Jun '13 16:49
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    CONSTANTINOPLE BELONGS TO ROME AND GREECE
    There are multiple claims of ownership of almost every patch of land on the planet that is arable, or has minerals on it.
  7. 04 Jun '13 16:49
    http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/03/25/295176/confirmed-us-shipping-weapons-to-syria/
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    04 Jun '13 17:59
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There are multiple claims of ownership of almost every patch of land on the planet that is arable, or has minerals on it.
    Or in this case land which controls the travel routes between the Mediterranean and Black Seas as well as that between the Balkans and Asia Minor.

But the Greeks were there first and they were working with the Romans when they built the city now called Istanbul.
  9. 04 Jun '13 18:11
    Very true.

The Irish own Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington and New York.
    So I'm giving all of you guys 24 hours to move it or lose it.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    04 Jun '13 18:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Very true.

The Irish own Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington and New York.
    So I'm giving all of you guys 24 hours to move it or lose it.
    You might be able to take Boston, but there's an awful lot of Mexicans here in LA and our Blacks are extremely tenacious. They call themselves Guerrillas for a reason...

Italians and Jews would probably get offended if you went after Chicago and New York.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    04 Jun '13 20:22
    If the rebellion gets serious, the deaths will come. It took us nearly 40 years to start the killing in the US over the Civil War conflicts.
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Not every period of social unrest turns into civil war.

How about we wait until it does get serious before we compare it to Syria?
  12. 04 Jun '13 23:55
    During the Civil War in the US there was over 600,000 deaths.

Wake me when Syria at least reaches the 200,000 mark.
  13. 04 Jun '13 23:56
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I have no idea what you are talking about. You make me want to drink though.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Jun '13 00:18
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I have no idea what you are talking about. You make me want to drink though.
    I was thinking pretty much the same thing.
  15. 05 Jun '13 01:11
    Will be in Istanbul with my kids in early July. If the protests and clashes with police continue, we will stay away from the Taksim area.

Please no foreign troops while I am there.