Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Nov '17 01:49
    YouTube : gillispie

    Here is the ad that seemingly helped defeat the GOP candidate in VA.

    Should we see more of this?

    Well done Dims.
  2. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Nov '17 02:01
    I love it 😵

    iViva el Latino Victory Fund!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    08 Nov '17 02:17
    Originally posted by @whodey
    [youtubegillispie]S-S9fuVLX1g[/youtube]

    Here is the ad that seemingly helped defeat the GOP candidate in VA.

    Should we see more of this?

    Well done Dims.
    So, seriously, when are you going to stop watching Fox News?

    The most "disturbing" thing I saw during this segment was the Republican trying to defend his crap policies. Of course he lost.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    08 Nov '17 02:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    [youtubegillispie]S-S9fuVLX1g[/youtube]

    Here is the ad that seemingly helped defeat the GOP candidate in VA.

    Should we see more of this?

    Well done Dims.
    Probably.
    Not a good way to run a democracy but Trump is
    partly responsible for the polarisation in US.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    08 Nov '17 02:52
    Big win for the Dems; Gillespie had been closing in the polls and the race was thought to be close, Instead:

    Northam currently up 8. Will be the largest victory for a Democratic governor in Virginia in 32 years. #VAGov

    https://twitter.com/jaredleopold/status/928089308430589952?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

    It's hard to see this as anything but a solid rejection of Trump.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    08 Nov '17 03:24
    The Democrats are also scoring big in the Virginia House of Delegates races and may even flip control of a body where the Republicans held a 66-34 edge going into tonight (helped by the standard GOP gerrymandering tactics). That includes a victory by a transgender candidate over a Republican who sponsored one of those ridiculous bathroom bills. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/democrats-poised-to-make-significant-gains-in-virginia-legislature/2017/11/07/9c2f4d24-c401-11e7-aae0-cb18a8c29c65_story.html?utm_term=.3a725893afd7
  7. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    08 Nov '17 07:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    [youtubegillispie]S-S9fuVLX1g[/youtube]

    Here is the ad that seemingly helped defeat the GOP candidate in VA.

    Should we see more of this?

    Well done Dims.
    Better to have that as an ad than as a portrayal of historical events, I suppose.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    08 Nov '17 08:58
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Better to have that as an ad than as a portrayal of historical events, I suppose.
    Precisely my position.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    08 Nov '17 09:45
    A sad display of political distaste by the democratic candidate.

    Fatland is so thouroughly fvcked up. It's amusing to watch the empire crumble.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Nov '17 10:571 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    A sad display of political distaste by the democratic candidate.

    Fatland is so thouroughly fvcked up. It's amusing to watch the empire crumble.
    I'm thinking Suzy wrote the commercial.

    Enjoy learning Russian.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Nov '17 11:13
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Big win for the Dems; Gillespie had been closing in the polls and the race was thought to be close, Instead:

    Northam currently up 8. Will be the largest victory for a Democratic governor in Virginia in 32 years. #VAGov

    https://twitter.com/jaredleopold/status/928089308430589952?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

    It's hard to see this as anything but a solid rejection of Trump.
    You think it is all just because people hate the orange man?

    I thought maybe it was because the people of Virginia and New Jersey wanted higher state taxes and more sanctuary cities and an economy that continues to grow at a 0.00000001% rate. Having grown men go to the bathroom next to your 5 year old daughter is just a bonus.

    Besides, it's unlikely Trump will pass his tax plan which means that liberal states with high taxes will continue to be subsidized by the rest of the country.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    08 Nov '17 11:22
    Originally posted by @whodey
    You think it is all just because people hate the orange man?

    I thought maybe it was because the people of Virginia and New Jersey wanted higher state taxes and more sanctuary cities and an economy that continues to grow at a 0.00000001% rate. Having grown men go to the bathroom next to your 5 year old daughter is just a bonus.

    Besides, it's unlikely T ...[text shortened]... s that liberal states with high taxes will continue to be subsidized by the rest of the country.
    Just how do you continue to get almost every issue so back-asswards?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    08 Nov '17 11:321 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm thinking Suzy wrote the commercial.

    Enjoy learning Russian.
    If I'd written it, it might have interspersed through it clips of a Klansman with a torch, complete with robe and hood, on a horse running after black people, just to drive home the point.

    This is the Trump era, is it not? You can't get people's attention with mere facts anymore.

    But no, Trump would have us speak Russian, not me.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    08 Nov '17 11:40
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    A sad display of political distaste by the democratic candidate.

    Fatland is so thouroughly fvcked up. It's amusing to watch the empire crumble.
    We're under siege by the Republicans. 'Political distaste' doesn't begin to cover it.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    08 Nov '17 12:14
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm thinking Suzy wrote the commercial.

    Enjoy learning Russian.
    Didn't the GOP once run a commercial indicating the Democrats would throw the elderly people of a cliff or something?
Back to Top