Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 08 Nov '17 01:49
    YouTube : gillispie

Here is the ad that seemingly helped defeat the GOP candidate in VA.

Should we see more of this?

Well done Dims.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    08 Nov '17 02:01
    I love it

iViva el Latino Victory Fund!
  3. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    08 Nov '17 02:17
    Originally posted by @whodey
    [youtubegillispie]S-S9fuVLX1g[/youtube]

Well done Dims.
    So, seriously, when are you going to stop watching Fox News?

The most "disturbing" thing I saw during this segment was the Republican trying to defend his crap policies. Of course he lost.
  4. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    08 Nov '17 02:31

Well done Dims.
    Probably.
    Not a good way to run a democracy but Trump is
    partly responsible for the polarisation in US.
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Nov '17 02:52
    Big win for the Dems; Gillespie had been closing in the polls and the race was thought to be close, Instead:

Northam currently up 8. Will be the largest victory for a Democratic governor in Virginia in 32 years. #VAGov

https://twitter.com/jaredleopold/status/928089308430589952?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

It's hard to see this as anything but a solid rejection of Trump.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Nov '17 03:24
    The Democrats are also scoring big in the Virginia House of Delegates races and may even flip control of a body where the Republicans held a 66-34 edge going into tonight (helped by the standard GOP gerrymandering tactics). That includes a victory by a transgender candidate over a Republican who sponsored one of those ridiculous bathroom bills. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/democrats-poised-to-make-significant-gains-in-virginia-legislature/2017/11/07/9c2f4d24-c401-11e7-aae0-cb18a8c29c65_story.html?utm_term=.3a725893afd7
  7. 08 Nov '17 07:09

Well done Dims.
    Better to have that as an ad than as a portrayal of historical events, I suppose.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    08 Nov '17 08:58
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Better to have that as an ad than as a portrayal of historical events, I suppose.
    Precisely my position.
  9. 08 Nov '17 09:45
    A sad display of political distaste by the democratic candidate.

Fatland is so thouroughly fvcked up. It's amusing to watch the empire crumble.
  10. 08 Nov '17 10:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat

I'm thinking Suzy wrote the commercial.

Enjoy learning Russian.
  11. 08 Nov '17 11:13
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Big win for the Dems; Gillespie had been closing in the polls and the race was thought to be close, Instead:

Northam currently up 8. Will be the largest victory for a Democratic governor in Virginia in 32 years. #VAGov

https://twitter.com/jaredleopold/status/928089308430589952?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

It's hard to see this as anything but a solid rejection of Trump.
    You think it is all just because people hate the orange man?

I thought maybe it was because the people of Virginia and New Jersey wanted higher state taxes and more sanctuary cities and an economy that continues to grow at a 0.00000001% rate. Having grown men go to the bathroom next to your 5 year old daughter is just a bonus.

Besides, it's unlikely Trump will pass his tax plan which means that liberal states with high taxes will continue to be subsidized by the rest of the country.
  12. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    08 Nov '17 11:22
    You think it is all just because people hate the orange man?

I thought maybe it was because the people of Virginia and New Jersey wanted higher state taxes and more sanctuary cities and an economy that continues to grow at a 0.00000001% rate. Having grown men go to the bathroom next to your 5 year old daughter is just a bonus.

Besides, it's unlikely T ...[text shortened]... s that liberal states with high taxes will continue to be subsidized by the rest of the country.
    Just how do you continue to get almost every issue so back-asswards?
  13. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    08 Nov '17 11:32 / 1 edit

Enjoy learning Russian.
    If I'd written it, it might have interspersed through it clips of a Klansman with a torch, complete with robe and hood, on a horse running after black people, just to drive home the point.

This is the Trump era, is it not? You can't get people's attention with mere facts anymore.

But no, Trump would have us speak Russian, not me.
  14. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    08 Nov '17 11:40
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat

We're under siege by the Republicans. 'Political distaste' doesn't begin to cover it.
  15. 08 Nov '17 12:14

Enjoy learning Russian.
    Didn't the GOP once run a commercial indicating the Democrats would throw the elderly people of a cliff or something?