Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    28 May '18 14:26
    founder Tommy Robinson was arrested on Friday outside of Leeds Crown Court for reporting on a pedophile grooming trial. Within six hours of his arrest, Robinson was handed a 13 month prison term for violating a prior suspended sentence for a similar offense, while media outlets were banned from covering the incident by the court - with several removing reports which had

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-26/tommy-robinson-arrested-outside-uk-court-jailed-13-months-judge-orders-orwellian



    Is this story true?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81230
    28 May '18 15:04
    Originally posted by @eladar
    founder Tommy Robinson was arrested on Friday outside of Leeds Crown Court for reporting on a pedophile grooming trial. Within six hours of his arrest, Robinson was handed a 13 month prison term for violating a prior suspended sentence for a similar offense, while media outlets were banned from covering the incident by the court - with several removing repor ...[text shortened]... son-arrested-outside-uk-court-jailed-13-months-judge-orders-orwellian



    Is this story true?
    yes it is true...Tommy Robinson...liberals here in US is proceeding in the same direction if left unchecked.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    28 May '18 15:11
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    yes it is true...Tommy Robinson...liberals here in US is proceeding in the same direction if left unchecked.
    Looks like the UK is little more than Nazi Germany.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56264
    28 May '18 16:18
    My little darlings.
    Are you innocent until proven guilty or are you not?

    Even if you're not a paedophile, is being named one in the media good or bad for your reputation? Your privacy?

    Well, now, add those together and what do you get?
    That's why he's not allowed to report on cases like this. It's called privacy.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    28 May '18 17:28
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    My little darlings.
    Are you innocent until proven guilty or are you not?

    Even if you're not a paedophile, is being named one in the media good or bad for your reputation? Your privacy?

    Well, now, add those together and what do you get?
    That's why he's not allowed to report on cases like this. It's called privacy.
    What do you know, a modern Nazi speaks out in support of his party.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    28 May '18 17:48
    I guess in the UK they view it as soviet style not Nazi. I am ok with that.
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56264
    28 May '18 18:24
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I guess in the UK they view it as soviet style not Nazi. I am ok with that.
    I am rather insulted by referring to me as a nazi.
    Also, I do believe the US has the same laws about innocence until proven guilty.

    Do you disagree with such laws?
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56264
    28 May '18 18:30
    Originally posted by @eladar
    What do you know, a modern Nazi speaks out in support of his party.
    I think you don't have the slightest idea of what a nazi is. Or what a communist is.
    Or what the UK law is.
    And in this respect, it's exactly the same as the US law: you are innocent until proven guilty.

    That the identity of one who is on trial should remain anonymous until there's a verdict which convicts him (obviously him is the greater him and can be her as well. Or whatever the hell else people are calling themselves nowadays).

    And that identity is surely worth something. It's individual. And as an individual you have rights. And one of the rights is to not have your reputation stained. One of the rights is the right to be forgotten (anno 25th May 2018 in Europe, anyways).
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    28 May '18 18:54
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I am rather insulted by referring to me as a nazi.
    Also, I do believe the US has the same laws about innocence until proven guilty.

    Do you disagree with such laws?
    Funny you call judges throwing journalists in jail innocent until proven guilty.

    Pick your favorite style of dictatorship..soviet or nazi.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    28 May '18 18:56
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I think you don't have the slightest idea of what a nazi is. Or what a communist is.
    Or what the UK law is.
    And in this respect, it's exactly the same as the US law: you are innocent until proven guilty.

    That the identity of one who is on trial should remain anonymous until there's a verdict which convicts him (obviously him is the greater him and ...[text shortened]... stained. One of the rights is the right to be forgotten (anno 25th May 2018 in Europe, anyways).
    No such laws about identity remaining anonymous before and during trial exists in the US. Your soviet style thinking is foreign to those who live in a free society.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    28 May '18 22:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Funny you call judges throwing journalists in jail innocent until proven guilty.
    Do you understand what a suspended sentence is?
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81230
    28 May '18 22:43
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Do you understand what a suspended sentence is?
    do you?
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56264
    29 May '18 03:19
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Funny you call judges throwing journalists in jail innocent until proven guilty.

    Pick your favorite style of dictatorship..soviet or nazi.
    Well, chubby cheeks, a judge throwing someone in jail is the definition of a guilty verdict. Isn’t it?
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56264
    29 May '18 03:20
    Originally posted by @eladar
    No such laws about identity remaining anonymous before and during trial exists in the US. Your soviet style thinking is foreign to those who live in a free society.
    Yes. I’m sure the American justice system is the best in the world.

    You know, for someone who’s always preaching about the individual and their rights, you seem to allow your system to waltz all over them.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    29 May '18 04:45
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Do you understand what a suspended sentence is?
    Do you understand what throwing a reporter in jail for reporting means? In the US he would have broken no law. In the UK the government throws reporters in jail for reporting news.
Back to Top