Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '16 16:04
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/05/11/us-approves-un-use-force-to-protect-civilians-in-conflict.html

    That's right, anytime there is war and conflict the UN has pledged to play the role of "good cop" to protect the citizens of any said country.

    So when will the UN take over Chicago?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    04 Sep '16 16:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    So when will the UN take over Chicago?
    Or Trump rallies near Muslim women?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '16 16:201 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Or Trump rallies near Muslim women?
    If Trump wins the UN would invade, no doubt.

    But if Hillary wins the UN will be pleased as punch and probably want her to invade somewhere else like Libya to "save" more people.

    That should earn her a Nobel Peace Prize
  4. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    04 Sep '16 17:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    If Trump wins the UN would invade, no doubt.

    But if Hillary wins the UN will be pleased as punch and probably want her to invade somewhere else like Libya to "save" more people.

    That should earn her a Nobel Peace Prize
    Given the UN's record of invading 0 countries so far, and having 0 soldiers under its direct command, how do you imagine such an invasion will play out? Will Ban Ki-Moon rally UN staff at the UN headquarters?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '16 19:011 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Given the UN's record of invading 0 countries so far, and having 0 soldiers under its direct command, how do you imagine such an invasion will play out? Will Ban Ki-Moon rally UN staff at the UN headquarters?
    My bad, it was a US invasion of Libya after Europe begged Obama to take out Qaddafi for them. Also, it was not really even a war according to Obama.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '16 19:031 edit
    Too bad for the poor Christians in the Southern Sudan and the Christians in Syria rounded up by ISIS and killed.

    I guess the UN must feel guilty letting them all die like that without lifting a finger.
  7. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    04 Sep '16 21:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    My bad, it was a US invasion of Libya after Europe begged Obama to take out Qaddafi for them. Also, it was not really even a war according to Obama.
    And this inane rambling is connected to an "invasion" of the US... how exactly?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    05 Sep '16 12:01
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    And this inane rambling is connected to an "invasion" of the US... how exactly?
    Inane rambling about a US invasion?

    Obama took out Gaddafi militarily dingleberry. Now it is a haven for ISIS.

    Where have you been?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    05 Sep '16 13:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    My bad, it was a US invasion of Libya after Europe begged Obama to take out Qaddafi for them. Also, it was not really even a war according to Obama.
    Soooo.....

    What did it have to do with the UN?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    05 Sep '16 13:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Too bad for the poor Christians in the Southern Sudan and the Christians in Syria rounded up by ISIS and killed.

    I guess the UN must feel guilty letting them all die like that without lifting a finger.
    Soooo....

    Which is it, should the UN react, or not? You seem to hate it both ways.

    You know what they say... If you hate it both ways, you never get any...
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    05 Sep '16 13:193 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Inane rambling about a US invasion?

    Obama took out Gaddafi militarily dingleberry. Now it is a haven for ISIS.

    Where have you been?
    And in a thread about the UN, this is relevant how?

    You need to show some restraint, man, you can't just pile everything you hate in one thread.

    And if you do, at least warn us. Call it "Everything I Hate", or some such.

    Don't just make the OP about one thing and then unload on everything.

    So far we have the UN, the US, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Hillary, Obama and ISIS. Anything else while you're at it?
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56264
    05 Sep '16 14:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And in a thread about the UN, this is relevant how?

    You need to show some restraint, man, you can't just pile everything you hate in one thread.

    And if you do, at least warn us. Call it "Everything I Hate", or some such.

    Don't just make the OP about one thing and then unload on everything.

    So far we have the UN, the US, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Hillary, Obama and ISIS. Anything else while you're at it?
    Moustaches. Damn, do I ever hate them!
  13. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    05 Sep '16 15:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    Inane rambling about a US invasion?

    Obama took out Gaddafi militarily dingleberry. Now it is a haven for ISIS.

    Where have you been?
    I see. So if the UN intervenes in Chicago, it will become a haven for ISIS?
Back to Top