Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 21 Jul '16 11:00
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/miami-police-shooting-charles-kinsey-1.3688309

    The Miami Herald cites North Miami Assistant Police Chief Neal Cuevas as saying officers responded to the scene Monday, where they began giving orders to 47-year-old Charles Kinsey and his 23-year-old patient to lie on the ground.

    Kinsey lies down and tries to get his patient to comply. Cuevas says an officer then fired three times, striking Kinsey in the leg. No weapon was found.

    Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, provided a video to the Herald on Wednesday taken moments before the shooting. It was not immediately clear who shot the provided video, which appears to include two separate clips.

    It shows Kinsey lying in the middle of the street with his hands up, asking the officers not to shoot him, while the autistic man sits next to him, holding what appears to be a toy truck, yelling at him to "shut up."


    http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/charles-kinsey-shot-by-north-miami-
    police-shooting-video-photos-therapist-facebook-wife/

    An unarmed behavioral therapist says he was shot by police in North Miami while lying on the ground with his arms up and trying to help his autistic patient, who had run away from a group home.

    Charles Kinsey, 47, was shot once in the leg and is recovering in the hospital, he told WSVN-TV.

    He was next to his 23-year-old patient, who was playing with a toy truck while sitting cross-legged in the middle of the road, a video of the moments before the shooting shows. You can watch the video above.

    Police had responded to the area near Northeast 14th Avenue and Northeast 127th Street for a report of an armed man threatening suicide, WPLG-TV reports

    But Kinsey says the “armed man” was his confused patient, who was holding a toy truck, not a gun.

    “All he has is a toy truck. A toy truck. I am a behavioral therapist at a group home,” Kinsey can be heard saying to the officers before he was shot.

    The officer involved in the shooting has not yet been named.

    The shooting itself was not caught on the cell phone camera.
  2. 21 Jul '16 11:01 / 1 edit
    in case someone cares about this story and not about a royal rat trolling.
  3. 21 Jul '16 11:02
    Man, that's awful.

    http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/human-rights-police-custody-romania
    http://www.liberties.eu/en/news/police-violence-romania
    http://www.errc.org/article/police-abuse-of-roma-in-romania/859
    http://www.equalrightstrust.org/news/romania%E2%80%99s-investigation-police-violence-against-roma-violated-right-non-discrimination
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Romania
    https://www.amnesty.org/download/Documents/136000/eur390022000en.pdf
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/europe/1016862.stm
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    21 Jul '16 21:18
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/miami-police-shooting-charles-kinsey-1.3688309

    The Miami Herald cites North Miami Assistant Police Chief Neal Cuevas as saying officers responded to the scene Monday, where they began giving orders to 47-year-old Charles Kinsey and his 23-year-old patient to lie on the ground.

    Kinsey lies down and tries to get his patien ...[text shortened]... hooting has not yet been named.

    The shooting itself was not caught on the cell phone camera.
    Why are you so obsessed with US police?
  5. Subscriber karoly aczel
    Primordial Reaper
    21 Jul '16 21:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why are you so obsessed with US police?
    And why am i? ... living here in peaceful australia
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    21 Jul '16 22:11
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why are you so obsessed with US police?
    http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/violent-arrest-of-teacher-caught-on-video-officers/nr3W6/

    More than a year later, King said she remains distraught about what happened and that it has forever changed how she views police.

    “I’ve become fearful to live my life,” she said. “I would rather stay home. I’ve become afraid of the people who are supposed to protect me and take care of me.”
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    21 Jul '16 22:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/violent-arrest-of-teacher-caught-on-video-officers/nr3W6/

    More than a year later, King said she remains distraught about what happened and that it has forever changed how she views police.

    “I’ve become fearful to live my life,” she said. “I would rather stay home. I’ve become afraid of the people who are supposed to protect me and take care of me.”
    I can see why an Irish-Briton would be shocked by these events, what with your unarmed Bobbies. But he's in Romania.

    It's not only Americans who spam this forum with those American-centric threads so many posters complain about.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    21 Jul '16 23:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I can see why an Irish-Briton would be shocked by these events, what with your unarmed Bobbies. But he's in Romania.

    It's not only Americans who spam this forum with those American-centric threads so many posters complain about.
    http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rochester/news/2016/07/20/woman-at-the-center-of-viral-black-lives-matter-protest-video-shares-her-side-of-the-story.html

    “It’s always been excessive and unnecessary to treat people in an intimidating way; to suppress their rights and treat them as inferior simply because you’ve been removed or displaced from them and their way of life for so long,” Williams said.

    Growing up in Henrietta, the University at Albany graduate, who majored in Africana studies, said she's never had a negative experience with police. However she calls her night in jail "sobering" and believes police brutality in this nation is prevalent.

    “Because I wasn't constantly surrounded by first hand seeing people of African descent being subject to this cruel and unjust way of the police behaving, it took me by surprise,” Williams said.

    However, Williams also said she doesn’t feel police are at the core of the racial issues in America. She feels it happens in many aspects of society and wants people to educate themselves on how to prevent it.

    “It’s absolutely not just the police,” Williams said. “This is happening because so many sectors of community is condoning and enabling this kind of behavior and allowing for these people who have these bigoted supremacist ideologies go into the force and work their way up in the force and work their way up in political chairs and work their way up in our judicial branches and no one is really taking responsibility for allowing this to fester. Educate yourself on the systemic, racist, prejudice practices that occur, that have occurred. Educate yourself on the repetitive nature of police brutality and injustice in the legal system in America in spite of so many civil rights acts, and human rights acts passed.”
  9. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    22 Jul '16 01:03
    Originally posted by finnegan
    http://www.twcnews.com/nys/rochester/news/2016/07/20/woman-at-the-center-of-viral-black-lives-matter-protest-video-shares-her-side-of-the-story.html

    “It’s always been excessive and unnecessary to treat people in an intimidating way; to suppress their rights and treat them as inferior simply because you’ve been removed or displaced from them and their way ...[text shortened]... he legal system in America in spite of so many civil rights acts, and human rights acts passed.”
    You're like a quoting machine, baby!
    Quote!
    Quote!
    Quote!
    If you run out, quote a quote!
    Keep them quotation marks relevant, finnegan!
    You da man!

    You can quote me!
  10. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    22 Jul '16 10:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You're like a quoting machine, baby!
    Quote!
    Quote!
    Quote!
    If you run out, quote a quote!
    Keep them quotation marks relevant, finnegan!
    You da man!

    You can quote me!
    "You da man! "

    Why thanks Freaky. Praise indeed.