Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    20 Apr '14 06:26
    So, this took some doing. Apparently, the Laborers International Union of North America are sufficiently peeved at Obama over his blockage of the Keystone XL project that this November, they will campaign against Democrats.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/203379-union-threatens-retribution-for-house-dems-opposing-keystone

I must say, this is impressive even by Obama's standards. When Labor is breaking with the Democrat Party, you know these are the End Times. You've got to hand it to the man: Obama is so radical that he has turned Labor Republican. Not just anybody can do that.

Perhaps he is, after all, a uniting figure. The entire country will unite against him.
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    20 Apr '14 06:42
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    So, this took some doing. Apparently, the Laborers International Union of North America are sufficiently peeved at Obama over his blockage of the Keystone XL project that this November, they will campaign against Democrats.

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/203379-union-threatens-retribution-for-house-dems-opposing-keystone

I must say, t ...[text shortened]... at.

Perhaps he is, after all, a uniting figure. The entire country will unite against him.
    Squabbling within traditional party members is nothing new, it's been going on for a very long time, and "labor" is not breaking with the democratic party. Your "mountain out of a molehill" approach to politics is entertaining, but not very accurate. It might have escaped your attention, but Obama has no more elections, so this is pretty irrelevant anyway.
  3. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    20 Apr '14 16:18
    Originally posted by bill718
    Squabbling within traditional party members is nothing new, it's been going on for a very long time, and "labor" is not breaking with the democratic party. Your "mountain out of a molehill" approach to politics is entertaining, but not very accurate. It might have escaped your attention, but Obama has no more elections, so this is pretty irrelevant anyway.
    This, from the person who has celebrated the Republican fissures caused by the Tea Party as a sure sign that conservatisim is finished. This is the mirror image of that situation, but good - I'm glad you don't think it's a problem. I hope Obama is about as concerned as you are.

And not only is Obama unconcerned, but his presidency is effectively over. No one is listening to him anymore. He admitted as much in the State Of The Union this year, with his "I'm gonna govern with Executive Orders" idiocy. No, Obama can coast all the way home now, as long as Vladi's Ukranian adventure fails to fulfill its promise of war.

Your problem, Bill, is the Obama Effect. Obama has very, very few allies in Congress. You can count them on two hands, and theymre the dismissed lunatic fringe anyway - Sheila Jackson Lee and her fellow nutjobs. When Republicans kick your whiny, flabby, angry asses in November, there are going to be consequences. The Republican Party has been pulled as tight as a rubber band by Obama and Democrats, and all that energy has to go somewhere.

Where's it gonna go? An awful lot of energy is going to go to defanging Obamacare. Obama can forget about getting any dream-sheet political appointees through. He can also stand by for more investigations about Benghazi - just because you unpatriotic pricks want it to go away, doesn't mean where prepared to, especially if Hils decides to drag her carcass kicking and screaming into the race. Congressional Republicans will also find common ground with red-state governments on common-sense issues that Obama hates, and you know what they're going to do? Assemble a veto-proof majority, just to embarrass Obama. Hell, Keyston XL is a pretty good place to start.

And if Republicans are smart and careful, which they've shown they can be the last six months, they'll wind up with total control of the government in 2016. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but after the six-year reign of arrogance and incompetence - never an attractive combination - we have to fix your foul-ups and right your wrongs.