Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    30 Aug '18 07:05
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/us/politics/cia-officer-house-election-super-pac.html

    The security clearance forms were made public by Paul Ryan and gleefully used as an attack on a woman running for congress in Virginia, Abigail Spanberger.
    Never in the history of the US has a sitting member of congress weaponized the CIA to this extent as to give out the SF-86 form you fill out when going for a US security clearance. Supposedly obtained by freedom of information act, they found she taught English part time at a high school accused of fomenting terrorists and because of that using that job she held for a short period of time against her giving wings to her opponent aptly named Brat in his fight for that district.

    I myself am a Viet nam era veteran and I had both a secret and top secret clearance for my duties in the USAF serving there 4 years honorably.

    I would be up in arms if some political opponent did that to me and I intend to pursue this with veterans in my area to send a letter to the CIA demanding an end to the weaponization of government offices for the specific purpose of using the information obtained as a political tool against an active opponent in an election.

    This is an abuse of power never before seen in the US and it had better be the LAST such abuse and what I fear now is Trump seizing on this for HIS sick agenda now that Paul Ryan and the super PAC people have started this reprehensible abuse of governmental power.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    30 Aug '18 17:08
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/us/politics/cia-officer-house-election-super-pac.html

    The security clearance forms were made public by Paul Ryan and gleefully used as an attack on a woman running for congress in Virginia, Abigail Spanberger.
    Never in the history of the US has a sitting member of congress weaponized the CIA to this extent as to give ...[text shortened]... Paul Ryan and the super PAC people have started this reprehensible abuse of governmental power.
    Yes, I saw this. I hope there is some legal recourse this lady has. I can't believe they would do this to their own citizens.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81440
    30 Aug '18 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/us/politics/cia-officer-house-election-super-pac.html

    The security clearance forms were made public by Paul Ryan and gleefully used as an attack on a woman running for congress in Virginia, Abigail Spanberger.
    Never in the history of the US has a sitting member of congress weaponized the CIA to this extent as to give ...[text shortened]... Paul Ryan and the super PAC people have started this reprehensible abuse of governmental power.
    YIIIKKEEESSS!!! next thing you know they will be spying on the president!
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    30 Aug '18 18:192 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill to Sonhouse
    Yes, I saw this. I hope there is some legal recourse this lady has. I can't believe they would do this to their own citizens.
    Memories seem short among non-historians.
    In fact, a CIA agent's identity was leaked by the US government, evidently for political motives.

    President George W Bush's government was responsible for outing a CIA agent because she
    had dared to contradict his cherished propaganda claim that Iraq (under Saddam Hussein)
    still was actively developing nuclear weapons. President Bush said that she was 'fair game'.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair

    "The Plame affair (also known as the CIA leak scandal and Plamegate) was a political
    scandal that revolved around journalist Robert Novak's public identification of Valerie Plame
    as a covert Central Intelligence Agency officer in 2003."

    "Novak had learned of Plame's employment, which was classified information, from State
    Department official Richard Armitage.[2] David Corn and others suggested that Armitage
    and other officials had leaked the information as political retribution for Wilson's article.
    The scandal led to a criminal investigation; no one was charged for the leak itself.
    Scooter Libby was convicted of lying to investigators. His prison sentence was ultimately
    commuted by President Bush, and he was pardoned by President Trump in 2018."

    The 'Telegraph' is a right-wing British newspaper.

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/8318075/Valerie-Plame-Wilson-the-housewife-CIA-spy-who-was-fair-game-for-Bush.html

    "Valerie Plame Wilson: the housewife CIA spy who was 'fair game' for Bush"

    "...her identity was leaked to the Washington Post columnist Robert Novak in 2003.
    It was leaked by Karl Rove, president George W Bush’s mastermind, and Lewis “Scooter” Libby,
    Dick Cheney’s chief of staff, in an attempt to discredit Plame Wilson and her husband Joe.
    She had been involved in finding intelligence that showed Iraq had no active nuclear
    weapons programme, contrary to the belief and desires of many of the US government.
    When the Wilsons campaigned that it was treason to expose an agent Bush retorted
    that she was “fair game”."

    "I hope there is some legal recourse this lady has.."
    --Mchill

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_v._Libby

    Valerie Plume and her husband Joseph Wilson sued several top US government officials.
    The lawsuit was dismissed; the dismissal was upheld on appeal. The US Supreme Court would hear no more.
    .
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    30 Aug '18 22:14
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Memories seem short among non-historians.
    In fact, a CIA agent's identity was leaked by the US government, evidently for political motives.

    President George W Bush's government was responsible for outing a CIA agent because she
    had dared to contradict his cherished propaganda claim that Iraq (under Saddam Hussein)
    still was actively developing nuc ...[text shortened]... was dismissed; the dismissal was upheld on appeal. The US Supreme Court would hear no more.
    .
    We didn't need the history lesson to know that. It should NEVER happen. Period. Weaponizing the CIA for political purposes is about as low as you can go
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    30 Aug '18 22:251 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    We didn't need the history lesson to know that. It should NEVER happen. Period.
    Weaponizing the CIA for political purposes is about as low as you can go
    Does Sonhouse want to pretend that he knew 'the history lesson' before I gave it?
  7. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22232
    30 Aug '18 22:38
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Does Sonhouse want to pretend that he knew 'the history lesson' before I gave it?
    EVERYBODY knew about Valerie Plame, you pompous presumptuous and undeserving, attention-parasite.

    It was all over the news for months.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138652
    30 Aug '18 23:12
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    EVERYBODY knew about Valerie Plame, you pompous presumptuous and undeserving, attention-parasite.

    It was all over the news for months.
    Putting it into a 300 word cut & paste is impressive though. 😛
  9. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    31 Aug '18 04:11
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    EVERYBODY knew about Valerie Plame, you pompous presumptuous and undeserving, attention-parasite.

    It was all over the news for months.
    FALSE. How many newspaper headlines from 2003 can
    the arrogant lying troll Wolfe63 recite from memory?

    Among other falsehoods that the troll Wolfe63 recently has spewed
    (and may presume that everyone else also 'knows" )
    is that everyone in Africa supposedly is black.

    Among other recent absurd beliefs or implications by Wolfe63
    are that all women in predominantly Muslim societies
    supposedly wear black chadors all the time in public.
    Or that the Philippines ' economy supposedly has been
    damaged by the withdrawal of US military bases (which
    Wolfe63 cherished) and the decline of the sex industry
    that American military men used to support lavishly.
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    31 Aug '18 04:16
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Putting it into a 300 word cut & paste is impressive though. 😛
    In general, Americans are extremely ignorant and misinformed
    about history and often too arrogant or insecure to learn.
    Americans tend to be deeply in denial about many historical facts.
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    31 Aug '18 04:191 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    We didn't need the history lesson to know that. It should NEVER happen. Period
    . Weaponizing the CIA for political purposes is about as low as you can go
    Would Sonhiuse show similar outrage toward the 'noble '
    CIA murdering people and overthrowing elected governments?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35854
    31 Aug '18 07:30
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Would Sonhiuse show similar outrage toward the 'noble '
    CIA murdering people and overthrowing elected governments?
    Is there a thread that you cannot destroy with your hatred and your 'Captain Obvious' moments?
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81440
    31 Aug '18 11:58
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Is there a thread that you cannot destroy with your hatred and your 'Captain Obvious' moments?
    postings like this show the small person you are.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7327
    31 Aug '18 13:34
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    postings like this show the small person you are.
    Posts like that show how much you and Duchess are identical in your bile-filled extremism.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    31 Aug '18 15:441 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    FALSE. How many newspaper headlines from 2003 can
    the arrogant lying troll Wolfe63 recite from memory?

    Among other falsehoods that the troll Wolfe63 recently has spewed
    (and may presume that everyone else also 'knows" )
    is that everyone in Africa supposedly is black.

    Among other recent absurd beliefs or implications by Wolfe63
    are that all women ...[text shortened]... ished) and the decline of the sex industry
    that American military men used to support lavishly.
    2003 I was working at a company called Inplane Photonics and I DO remember that case, you get that when you are 77..
    I remember quite well 9-11 2001 also, spent 24 hours at the Red Cross Headquarters in Manhattan doing what I could to help out, fixing 2 way radios, running messages, manning comm links. We DO know things from that era. You seem to be besotted with your own superiority.
Back to Top