Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2490
    07 Sep '18 16:03
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    One point brought up last night by Steven Cobert on his late night TV show: If there is this group secretly guiding the POTUS by hiding docs and such, where a week later his memory being such that he would have forgotten all about the paper he was supposed to sign and such, WHY WOULD THEY MAKE SUCH KNOWLEDGE PUBLIC? It would seem then like doing such in St ...[text shortened]... candidate for the House or Senate. But that is how Narcissists operate which is no big surprise.
    If Truligula’s not careful, the Praetorian Guard might just ‘replace’ him.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    616431
    07 Sep '18 18:11
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    If Truligula’s not careful, the Praetorian Guard might just ‘replace’ him.
    And then comes President Pence.
    Just different crap and a different day.
  3. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22683
    07 Sep '18 19:44
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    If Truligula’s not careful, the Praetorian Guard might just ‘replace’ him.
    Awesome!

    Trum-pig-ula works too!
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    07 Sep '18 22:33
    https://www.theguardian.com/global/commentisfree/2018/sep/07/trump-anonymous-op-ed-resignation-history

    "The anonymous op-ed writer is just another Trump enabler – not a rebel"

    "But, until late in Watergate, Nixon managed to separate his genuine policy achievements
    (from creating the Environmental Protection Agency to the opening to China) from his
    lawless, paranoid side. In contrast, Trump in the White House, judging from both Woodward
    and the Times op-ed, is the same arrogant, ignorant and cruel termagant who displayed
    all his ugly impulses daily on television in 2016.

    Everybody who entered the Trump administration in a senior role knew the itinerary of the
    cruise that they were embarking on. That’s why the so-called “adults” on deck are more
    Trump’s enablers than they are heroic mariners guiding the ship through shark-filled waters."
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2490
    08 Sep '18 05:38
    Uuuh, learned a new word today: termagant.
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    08 Sep '18 18:18
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Uuuh, learned a new word today: termagant.
    Should Donald Trump be called a 'termagant' ?

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/termagant

    "1 capitalized : a deity erroneously ascribed to Islam by medieval European Christians
    and represented in early English drama as a violent character
    2 : an overbearing or nagging woman : shrew"
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    08 Sep '18 18:26
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Should Donald Trump be called a 'termagant' ?

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/termagant

    "1 capitalized : a deity erroneously ascribed to Islam by medieval European Christians
    and represented in early English drama as a violent character
    2 : an overbearing or nagging woman : shrew"
    I think it's safe to rule out deity.
  8. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    08 Sep '18 18:362 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I think it's safe to rule out deity.
    "1 capitalized : a deity *erroneously ascribed* to Islam by medieval European Christians
    and represented in early English drama as a violent character."

    Note 'erroneously'. Most American evangelical Christians apparently ascribe Donald Trump as a great leader.

    Most American evangelical Christians have been willing to overlook whatever professed
    'moral concerns' that they have (such as his behavior toward women) about Donald Trump
    and almost worship him as a leader presumably because Donald Trump zealously shares
    their deep hatreds (including of Muslims, LGBTQ people, women who want abortions).

    Given that 'termagant' is a pejorative term about exclusively applied to women, it has been considered sexist.
    Hillary Clinton would seem much more likely than Donald Trump to be called a 'termagant' by her detractors.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2490
    09 Sep '18 13:35
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I think it's safe to rule out deity.
    Well, maybe a minor demiurge:

    in Gnosticism and other theological systems, a heavenly being, subordinate to the Supreme Being, that is considered to be the controller of the material world and antagonistic to all that is purely spiritual.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    10 Sep '18 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Naive flaremongering nonsense.

    This type of political skulduggery goes on all the time in all governments. And in business for that matter. Publishing it in a newspaper doesn’t make it new or lend it the power and gravitas of a “coup”.

    If Trump cannot surround himself with people who support him then who gives a shlt; let him fail and the sooner the better.
    You think Trump is great now? Wait till Kavanaugh gets confirmed as SCOTUS, you will LOVE the changes that will CERTAINLY take place after that, Trump LITERALLY able to shoot someone in Times Square with no consequences, EPA gone, Unions reduced to yes men, US becoming official climate change deniers women's rights gone, Roe V Wade a historical footnote in American history. Yep, you will LOVE what America will become when Trump completes his takeover of all three branches of US government.

    I hope you choke on your victory.
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    10 Sep '18 21:43
    Originally posted by @sonhouse to Divegeester
    You think Trump is great now? Wait till Kavanaugh gets confirmed as SCOTUS, you will LOVE the changes that will CERTAINLY take place after that, Trump LITERALLY able to shoot someone in Times Square with no consequences, EPA gone, Unions reduced to yes men, US becoming official climate change deniers women's rights gone, Roe V Wade a histori ...[text shortened]... pletes his takeover of all three branches of US government.

    I hope you choke on your victory.
    "You [Divegeester] think Trump is great now?"
    --Sonhouse (to Divegeester)

    Sonhouse keeps showing off his 'reading comprehension'.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    11 Sep '18 14:56
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "You [Divegeester] think Trump is great now?"
    --Sonhouse (to Divegeester)

    Sonhouse keeps showing off his 'reading comprehension'.
    You are showing off your naivety.
  13. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    11 Sep '18 18:11
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You are showing off your naivety.
    Sonhouse seems incapable of stopping his obsessive hatred of Donald Trump from spilling over
    into making absurd projections about everything that he 'reads' (and misunderstands) in other writers.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    11 Sep '18 22:40
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Sonhouse seems incapable of stopping his obsessive hatred of Donald Trump from spilling over
    into making absurd projections about everything that he 'reads' (and misunderstands) in other writers.
    What we want is to prevent Trump from taking over all three branches of US government which he is well on his way to doing just that, if he gets his will with Kavanaugh as SCOTUS.
    The ONLY reason he picked him was to get a 'get out of jail' card and he (T) cares less about the rest of it, he is not an idealogue, he is presenting a persona to pander to his base.
    His loyalty is to himself and nobody else. He would throw his own son under the bus if it kept him out of jail.

    Like I said, you are safe in your country and you can get a job doing your analyst work anytime you want but if you get a job like that here you would be on pins and needles not knowing if all of a sudden his paranoia will cause your career to take a nose dive and now you would work as a Fox TV news reporter.

    You have no idea how paranoid T is nor how dangerous that mind set is for the entire planet. We are not talking just about the US becoming frothing at the mouth right wing nutters, we are talking about someone with control of the nuke button and it was for instance, only the hiding of a tweet telling all 28,000 US personnel to leave South Korea, it was only the hiding of that tweet that kept us out of another war with North Korea.
    He is THAT crazy.
  15. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    11 Sep '18 22:45
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What we want is to prevent Trump from taking over all three branches of US government which he is well on his way to doing just that, if he gets his will with Kavanaugh as SCOTUS.
    The ONLY reason he picked him was to get a 'get out of jail' card and he (T) cares less about the rest of it, he is not an idealogue, he is presenting a persona to pander to his ...[text shortened]... ly the hiding of that tweet that kept us out of another war with North Korea.
    He is THAT crazy.
    "You [Divegeester] think Trump is great now?"
    --Sonhouse (to Divegeester)

    Can the obstinate illiterate Sonhouse comprehend that Divegeester (an abusive troll whom I loathe)
    wrote nothing to indicate that he thinks that Donald Trump is a 'great' US President?
Back to Top