Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 23:14
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Would FishHead111 like to argue in person with Kristin Beck, a transgender woman
    and a retired US Navy Seal, about who deserves respect in the US military?
    Beck did that to himself after serving, not during.
    Do you see the difference?
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 23:36
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I have not asked her directly, but I suspect that Kristin Beck approves of transgender people
    being allowed to serve in the US military. Having read her book, as I recall, I know that
    she had wanted to begin her gender transition earlier, so *if* she could have done it
    while still being allowed to serve in the US military, then she would have done so.
    As it was, she had to choose between beginning her gender transition and thus getting
    discharged (losing pay and perhaps a pension) or continuing in her military career.

I suspect that Kristin Beck would tell FishHead111 that he's wrong in stronger terms than I have done.
  3. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 05:23
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i say fuk in some of my posts. i get banned.

you advocate killing people, you don't get banned.

such awesome moderators we're having.
    RHP moderates the forums like rap music is censored; you can advocate murder, rape, drugs and the activities of organized crime...

Just don't use naughty words.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 10:51
    yes, beck delayed doing what she wanted because off bigoted asholes like yourself.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 10:54
    A square manly jaw on an NCO/Officer, if anything ,commands respect.
    But not if you ARE a guy that had your dick chopped off and are taking hormones to grow breasts and wear women's clothing.
    little girl, she could break you in half , breasts or no breasts.

ok, we must take it slow with your retarded ass.
    do you at least agree that women can be officers and command respect?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 10:55
    "himself "
    herself, you inconsiderate ashole
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 13:43
    Would FishHead111 like to argue in person with Kristin Beck, a transgender woman
    and a retired US Navy Seal, about who deserves respect in the US military?
    Kristin Beck had an admirable service record as a man. What he did later is an entirely different thing and he certainly would not have been a Navy Seal if he entered the service as a transgender.
    I've seen more than a few transgender teens when I was a high school teacher, and the last thing on their mind would be going into the military. They'd abhor the idea. They are more into prancing around and acting all girly, not being a Navy Seal.
    Beck was one out of a million.
    I could see a transgender girl going all butch and wanting to be a guy and join the military, but not the reverse. .
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 19:32
    Kristin Beck had an admirable service record as a man. What he did later is an entirely different thing and he certainly would not have been a Navy Seal if he entered the service as a transgender.
    I've seen more than a few transgender teens when I was a high school teacher, and the last thing on their mind would be going into the military. They'd abhor ...[text shortened]... ender girl going all butch and wanting to be a guy and join the military, but not the reverse. .
    Kristin Beck would *not* have insisted upon remaining a Navy Seal *if* she were unable
    to meet its physical requirements *after* completing her gender transition. But she would
    have liked to remain in the US military and could have done so--if it had been legal-- after
    being assigned to a less physically demanding position than a Navy Seal. Only an
    extremely small minority of men can qualify to become a Navy Seal.

By the way, I suspect that the bigots here who loathe Kristin Beck would be afraid to
    walk up and express their bigotry to her face. Even as a transgender woman, she
    seems capable of taking care of herself in a fight against most men.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 20:07
    Kristin Beck would *not* have insisted upon remaining a Navy Seal *if* she were unable
    to meet its physical requirements *after* completing her gender transition. But she would
    have liked to remain in the US military and could have done so--if it had been legal-- after
    being assigned to a less physically demanding position than a Navy Seal. Only an
    ...[text shortened]... s a transgender woman, she
    seems capable of taking care of herself in a fight against most men.
    After loading up on female hormones she wouldn't have the upper body strength to be a Seal, and let's face it, the other Seals would not accept her.
    The Navy has recently given the OK for women to enter Seal training but so far no woman has stepped up to the plate.
    The women that have gone into Army Ranger training didn't fair too well, two have passed, but with claims of being given special treatment:
    http://www.people.com/article/female-ranger-school-graduation-planned-advance
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 20:41
    After loading up on female hormones she wouldn't have the upper body strength to be a Seal, and let's face it, the other Seals would not accept her.
    The Navy has recently given the OK for women to enter Seal training but so far no woman has stepped up to the plate.
    The women that have gone into Army Ranger training didn't fair too well, two have pass ...[text shortened]... pecial treatment:
    http://www.people.com/article/female-ranger-school-graduation-planned-advance
    Kristin Beck already knew that she was not going to be able to stay a Navy Seal forever.
    She was getting older, and her wounds in combat had taken a toll upon her body.
    But, after becoming a transgender woman, she still would have been qualified for
    other positions in the US military. Perhaps even in the training of Navy Seals.

As I recall, Kristin Beck wrote that she has had a mixed response from her former comrades
    in the Navy Seals. Some of them have shunned her, while others remain her friends.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 20:472 edits
    Kristin Beck already knew that she was not going to be able to stay a Navy Seal forever.
    She was getting older, and her wounds in combat had taken a toll upon her body.
    But, after becoming a transgender woman, she still would have been qualified for
    other positions in the US military. Perhaps even in the training of Navy Seals.

As I recall, Kristin ...[text shortened]... er comrades
    in the Navy Seals. Some of them have shunned her, while others remain her friends.
    Her wounds?
    One purple heart with one bronze star to go along with it.
    No other combat decorations.
    I am NOT belittling that, but don't make out like she was Audie Murphy.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 20:552 edits
    Her wounds?
    One purple heart with one bronze star to go along with it.
    No other combat decorations
    'No other combat decorations.
    --FishHead111

FALSE. Wikipedia lists nine rows of medals won by Kristin Beck.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Beck

"Her wounds?"
    --FishHead111

Kristin Beck was awarded the Purple Heart after being wounded in combat.
    It's easy for FishHead111 to sneer. Would he like to mention his wounds or military decorations?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 21:07
    'No other combat decorations.
    --FishHead111

FALSE. Wikipedia lists nine rows of medals won by Kristin Beck.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Beck

"Her wounds?"
    --FishHead111

Kristin Beck was awarded the Purple Heart after being wounded in combat.
    It's easy for FishHead111 to sneer. Would he like to mention his wounds or military decorations?
    Yes I've seen the decorations, only two, the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart are combat decorations.
    The rest are for having served overseas, etc. or for going through some sort of training.
    Nice try.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 21:19
    Yes I've seen the decorations, only two, the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart are combat decorations.
    The rest are for having served overseas, etc. or for going through some sort of training.
    Nice try.
    Kristin Beck earned many decorations for 'serving overseas' on tours of duty in combat.
    (As a Navy Seal, she was not doing paperwork sitting behind a desk.) But FishHead111
    wants to deny that these decorations (e.g.Joint Service Commendation Medal) are 'combat decorations'.

What's the point of FishHead111 apparently attempting to put down Kristin Beck's record of service?
    Even if she had been an ordinary member (not an elite Navy Seal) of the US military,
    she still should have the same rights.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 22:322 edits
    Kristin Beck earned many decorations for 'serving overseas' on tours of duty in combat.
    (As a Navy Seal, she was not doing paperwork sitting behind a desk.) But FishHead111
    wants to deny that these decorations (e.g.Joint Service Commendation Medal) are 'combat decorations'.

What's the point of FishHead111 apparently attempting to put down Kristin Bec ...[text shortened]... nary member (not an elite Navy Seal) of the US military,
    she still should have the same rights.
    Yeahy yeah yeah when I was 20 I came back from Vietnam with 2
    rows of pretty decorations and I never saw a day in combat so f8&k the f$*k off.