Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 Dec '12 15:50
    Gun advocates at work trying to quash the free press and wanting the Government to violate due process of a person on US soil in the process.

Thousands sign US petition to deport Piers Morgan

LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views. Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures. Morgan seemed unfazed — and even amused — by the movement. In a series of Twitter messages, he alternately urged his followers to sign the petition and in response to one article about the petition said "bring it on" as he appeared to track the petition's progress.

"If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?" he wrote.
  2. 25 Dec '12 15:56
    Surely this is purely symbolic.
  3. Subscriber my2sons
    Retired
    25 Dec '12 16:06
    where do I sign?
  4. 25 Dec '12 16:30
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Gun advocates at work trying to quash the free press and wanting the Government to violate due process of a person on US soil in the process.

[b]Thousands sign US petition to deport Piers Morgan

LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gu ...[text shortened]... er gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?" he wrote.
    [/b]
    I want Piers Morgan on CNN making an ass of himself.
  5. 26 Dec '12 04:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Surely this is purely symbolic.
    Not to many who sign the petition. Not symbolic but a real actual request.
  6. 26 Dec '12 07:32
    Not to many who sign the petition. Not symbolic but a real actual request.
    Try to think of it as a self generating moron register, poor old Pier's cant win, I would imagine we will start a petition for you guy's to keep the right wing mouth piece over there.
  7. Standard member Elamef37
    Queenslander
    26 Dec '12 07:57
    Good Grief!!! Deport the man who dares to express an opinion???? Boggles the mind!!!
  8. Standard member drdon
    His Mateship
    26 Dec '12 10:01
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    Good Grief!!! Deport the man who dares to express an opinion???? Boggles the mind!!!
    Send him to Queensland!!
  9. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    26 Dec '12 10:12
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Try to think of it as a self generating moron register
    Doesn't this say it all? In the LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOPE OF THE BRAVE, someone who exercises the right to express an opinion is a rare bird who should be cherished as an example to the world.
  10. Standard member Elamef37
    Queenslander
    26 Dec '12 10:18
    Originally posted by drdon
    Send him to Queensland!!
    This time of year, I'm going to be very nice to you and tell you to Kiss OFF you drongo!!!!
  11. 26 Dec '12 10:24
    Try to think of it as a self generating moron register, poor old Pier's cant win, I would imagine we will start a petition for you guy's to keep the right wing mouth piece over there.
    "Right wing mouth piece " ?
  12. 26 Dec '12 11:01
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Piers Morgan is well known in the UK for working for sensationalist tabloid newspapers The Sun, News of the World (now defunct) and the Daily Mirror.
  13. 26 Dec '12 11:55
    Originally posted by phil3000
    It's all relative I suppose, but I consider anyone who has been that far up R.Murdochs ass and edited the 'Sun' as right wing.
  14. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    26 Dec '12 14:10 / 1 edit

[b]Thousands sign US petition to deport Piers Morgan

LONDON (AP) — Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gu er gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?" he wrote.
    [/b]
    31k had signed the petition? A bit comical, but still a paltry total compared to the political climate overall. Barely 12% of Lubbock Texas' population, for example.

Gun laws in the US desperately need to be reformed, IMO.
  15. 26 Dec '12 14:14
    It's all relative I suppose, but I consider anyone who has been that far up R.Murdochs ass and edited the 'Sun' as right wing.
    Dont know about the "right wing "bit, seems that if you speak out about anything that needs fixing you get branded right wing .
    Do you mean Murdochs arse or has Murdoch owned a donkey ?