Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    21 Nov '16 10:26
    https://www.socialeurope.eu/2016/11/europe-treaties-ad-excludendum/

Lesser countries like the UK are invited to be pawns in American plans.
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    21 Nov '16 17:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    https://www.socialeurope.eu/2016/11/europe-treaties-ad-excludendum/

Lesser countries like the UK are invited to be pawns in American plans.
    While I agree the U.S. is a war-mongering scumbag country, why do you refer to a rich and powerful nation (or whatever they're called) like the U.K. as "lesser"?
  3. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    21 Nov '16 21:05
    Originally posted by vivify
    While I agree the U.S. is a war-mongering scumbag country, why do you refer to a rich and powerful nation (or whatever they're called) like the U.K. as "lesser"?
    Relative term.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Nov '16 21:27
    Originally posted by vivify
    "Scumbag country"??

Geez. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    01 Dec '16 02:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    "Scumbag country"??

Geez. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    It's not easy to leave the US what with how slaves were brought in chains and the USA will attack and conquer other nations. At least here you can't bomb us.

By the way our President seems to prefer Nazis to Jews. Fortunately as a white man that's not my problem.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Trump invades and annexes Israel like his predecessors did to CA. Israel won't be a Jewish State anymore...just like CA isn't Hispanic any more. Trumps Nazi buddies will get the land and the Jews of Israel will pay him rent.
  6. 01 Dec '16 02:15
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's not easy to leave the US what with how slaves were brought in chains and the USA will attack and conquer other nations. At least here you can't bomb us.

By the way our President seems to prefer Nazis to Jews. Fortunately as a white man that's not my problem.
    Nice observation about Obama.
  7. 01 Dec '16 02:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Nice observation about Obama.
    Or are you really that ignorant?

Trump is not President, Obama is.

Nazis were allies with the Muslims who loved Hitler's idea of wiping out the Jews.

Since Obama is so pro Muslim in political action and personal beliefs, funny how George had to remind him on TV has must say Christian, it is only natural he supports Nazis.

Jew haters one and all, which includes pretty much every European I've read on this site.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    01 Dec '16 02:56

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Trump invades and annexes Israel like his predece ...[text shortened]... panic any more. Trumps Nazi buddies will get the land and the Jews of Israel will pay him rent.
    So this year you're white, eh?
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    01 Dec '16 03:06 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    White Spic like always. When did I claim otherwise?

Maybe I can help you. This is a white Hispanic:

http://www.kftv.com/files/lib/ckfinder/userfiles/images/Martin%20Sheen.jpg

This is a nonwhite person:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d0/d6/9a/d0d69ae2f94e5ca7823dd5e7c1b8c7e0.jpg
  10. 01 Dec '16 03:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify to Finnegan
    While I agree the U.S. is a war-mongering scumbag country, why do you refer to a rich
    and powerful nation (or whatever they're called) like the U.K. as "lesser"?
    Showing his usual poor reading comprehension, Vivify fails to grasp that 'lesser' is a term of *comparison*.
    Justin Gatlin may be one of the top sprinters in the world, but he's a lesser sprinter than Usain Bolt.
  11. 01 Dec '16 03:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76 to AThousandYoung
    Racial classifications (as 'white' ) are not necessarily constant universal truths.
    Being perceived as 'white' may be a matter of time and place--of social context.
    A 'black' person in the USA could travel to Brazil and suddenly become a 'white' person there.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    01 Dec '16 03:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Racial classifications (as 'white' ) are not necessarily constant universal truths.
    Being perceived as 'white' may be a matter of time and place--of social context.
    A 'black' person in the USA could travel to Brazil and suddenly become a 'white' person there.
    I'm sure the Nazis agree with you

Oh wait no they don't.
  13. 01 Dec '16 03:28
    I'm sure the Nazis agree with you
    Oh wait no they don't.
    As I already have pointed, even the Nazis sometimes showed some flexibility in their policies on 'race'.
    A few Jews were legally reclassified as 'Aryan' because they were considered important
    enough or they had influential enough Nazi friends.

According to British intelligence, Hitler was very fond of an Austrian princess (by marriage)
    of (half) Jewish heritage, and he refused to listen when people told him that she's Jewish.

There was a case in which a German Jew (with three Jewish grandparents) applied to be
    classified as Aryan. He had served in the Abwehr, fought as a volunteer for Franco in
    the Spanish Civil War, and become a Spanish citizen. At that time, he was serving in
    the Spanish Azul division (of volunteers) fighting against the USSR. Hitler was impressed
    by his record of service to Germany and Fascism in general. Reportedly, Hitler said that
    if he had only two Jewish grandparents, he would agree to let him be classified as Aryan
    and have his German citizenship restored. But three Jewish grandparents was one
    Jewish grandparent too many for Hitler to accept.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    01 Dec '16 03:30
    As I already have pointed, even the Nazis sometimes showed some flexibility in their policies on 'race'.
    A few Jews were legally reclassified as 'Aryan' because they were considered important
    enough or they had influential enough Nazi friends.

According to British intelligence, Hitler was very fond of an Austrian princess (by marriage)
    of (half) Jewi ...[text shortened]... ored. But three Jewish grandparents was one
    Jewish grandparent too many for Hitler to accept.
  15. Standard member vivify
    rain
    01 Dec '16 05:07 / 1 edit
    Showing his usual poor reading comprehension, Vivify fails to grasp that 'lesser' is a term of *comparison*.
    Justin Gatlin may be one of the top sprinters in the world, but he's a lesser sprinter than Usain Bolt.
    You were recently refuted merely by posting the dictionary definition of a word. Other posters like kmax have pointed out your poor reading comprehension. Clearly, you're not a mental giant.

I questioned "lesser", because that is a useless term when referring to the U.S. Since the U.S. is incomparably greater in military and global presence to any other country in the world, using "lesser" to describe any country---let alone a country that's arguably greater than any other country after the U.S.---seems off somehow.