Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 07 Apr '16 23:01
    I guess we do sort of suck;

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    08 Apr '16 00:00 / 5 edits
    I'd be interested to see homicide rate (including justified homicide, self defense, police shootings, suicide, accidents etc) vs gun ownership. "Murder" is an interesting word. For example, legally, Treyvon Martin was not murdered.

    But we all know that he was shot by a perpetually enraged vigilante while walking to the store to buy candy.

    That shooting instructor that was machine gunned by a little girl wielding an Uzi - not murdered.

    The man who killed his fourteen year old daughter when she was sneaking in - not murder.

    http://www.hngn.com/articles/20320/20131223/dad-shoots-daughter-dad-shoots-daughter-colorado-colorado-gun-laws-colorado-gun-control-colorado-springs-police.htm

    For that matter, people paralyzed due to being shot in the spine - not murdered.
  3. 08 Apr '16 00:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'd be interested to see homicide rate (including justified homicide, self defense, police shootings, suicide, accidents etc) vs gun ownership. "Murder" is an interesting word. For example, legally, Treyvon Martin was not murdered.

    But we all know that he was shot by a perpetually enraged vigilante while walking to the store to buy candy.

    That ...[text shortened]... s-police.htm

    For that matter, people paralyzed due to being shot in the spine - not murdered.
    The scenarios you mention are a mere drop in the bucket and are statistically insignificant, especially since the US is so far down on the list. (And the same things happen in the other countries too ya know)
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    08 Apr '16 06:45
    Murder" is an interesting word. For example, legally, Treyvon Martin was not murdered.

    But we all know that he was shot by a perpetually enraged vigilante while walking to the store to buy candy.

    -------------------
    That's not murder? Technically?
    Are you mad or something???
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    08 Apr '16 07:39
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I guess we do sort of suck;

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
    Americans don't relate guns with gun related crimes. The senseless killings will go on.
  6. 08 Apr '16 10:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Murder" is an interesting word. For example, legally, Treyvon Martin was not murdered.

    But we all know that he was shot by a perpetually enraged vigilante while walking to the store to buy candy.

    -------------------
    That's not murder? Technically?
    Are you mad or something???
    "We all know that such and such was such and such".....weasel words from you, as usual.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word
  7. 08 Apr '16 11:10
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'd be interested to see homicide rate (including justified homicide, self defense, police shootings, suicide, accidents etc) vs gun ownership. "Murder" is an interesting word. For example, legally, Treyvon Martin was not murdered.

    But we all know that he was shot by a perpetually enraged vigilante while walking to the store to buy candy.

    That ...[text shortened]... s-police.htm

    For that matter, people paralyzed due to being shot in the spine - not murdered.
    Vox has some good stuff on this.

    How gun control could help prevent suicides
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgD9AlxZxNE

    Links to further articles in the description.
  8. 08 Apr '16 11:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Murder" is an interesting word. For example, legally, Treyvon Martin was not murdered.

    But we all know that he was shot by a perpetually enraged vigilante while walking to the store to buy candy.

    -------------------
    That's not murder? Technically?
    Are you mad or something???
    He was bashing in someone's head, not buying candy.
    You have a real problem with facts.
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    08 Apr '16 13:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    "We all know that such and such was such and such".....weasel words from you, as usual.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word
    No, he's actually correct. Since the Martin case, Zimmerman was arrested for felony assault, and then arrested again for domestic violence charges. He also went on Twitter complaining that his ex-girlfriend left him for a "dirty Muslim", indicating that he is, in fact, racist, in addition to being a violent man, just like everyone suspected during the Martin trial.

    Everyone who defended Zimmerman for shooting an unarmed teenager should just admit they were wrong, considering Zim's actions since the trial.
  10. 08 Apr '16 13:15
    Originally posted by vivify
    No, he's actually correct. Since the Martin case, Zimmerman was arrested for felony assault, and then arrested again for domestic violence charges. He also went on Twitter complaining that his ex-girlfriend left him for a "dirty Muslim", indicating that he is, in fact, racist, in addition to being a violent man, just like everyone suspected during the Marti ...[text shortened]... n unarmed teenager should just admit they were wrong, considering Zim's actions since the trial.
    No he's actually full of chit.
    "We all know"....that Martin wasn't innocently buying candy as claimed by shavnasty, he was bashing Zimmerman's head against the pavement.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    08 Apr '16 13:23
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    No he's actually full of chit.
    "We all know"....that Martin wasn't innocently buying candy as claimed by shavnasty, he was bashing Zimmerman's head against the pavement.
    He said Zim was a "perpetually enraged" person. Again, given his frequent run-ins with the law, shav's statement seems true. Keep in mind that I haven't even mentioned all of Zim's law troubles, like when he was pulled over and reprimanded by a cop who said "don't play with your gun", or when he got into a shoot-out with another driver who said he acted in self-defense, because Zim was waving his gun around.

    Just Google everything I've said. Zim is a violent, racist nutcase who should've went to prison.
  12. 08 Apr '16 13:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    He said Zim was a "perpetually enraged" person. Again, given his frequent run-ins with the law, shav's statement seems true. Keep in mind that I haven't even mentioned all of Zim's law troubles, like when he was pulled over and reprimanded by a cop who said "don't play with your gun", or when he got into a shoot-out with another driver who said he acted in ...[text shortened]... ust Google everything I've said. Zim is a violent, racist nutcase who should've went to prison.
    Doesn't matter if he has anger issues, doesn't matter if he's racist, bottom line is sweet little innocent Trayvon attacked him, had him pinned down and was bashing his head on the pavement trying to severely injure or even kill him and Zimmerman had to defend himself.
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    08 Apr '16 13:45 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Doesn't matter if he has anger issues, doesn't matter if he's racist, bottom line is sweet little innocent Trayvon attacked him, had him pinned down and was bashing his head on the pavement trying to severely injure or even kill him and Zimmerman had to defend himself.
    It actually does matter. If he's racist and violent, that means he went looking for trouble when he approached Trayvon, on top of the fact that the 911 dispatcher told Zim NOT to pursue him. Simply put, Zim caused the situation. It would be like if a man with violence issues followed a woman he didn't know late at night, then shot her because she pepper sprayed him out of fear
  14. 08 Apr '16 14:24 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    It actually does matter. If he's racist and violent, that means he went looking for trouble when he approached Trayvon, on top of the fact that the 911 dispatcher told Zim NOT to pursue him. Simply put, Zim caused the situation. It would be like if a man with violence issues followed a woman he didn't know late at night, then shot her because she pepper sprayed him out of fear
    You keep making up things.
    Zim didn't approach Trayvon, he stopped following him and was on the sidewalk waiting for police. Trayvon came up to him after doubling back.
    Travon was also a violent racist looking for trouble with a history of starting fights attacking people.
    Zim didn't attack Trayvon, if he had there'd have been bruises on his face. Trayvon came up to Zim and sucker punched him (something else he had a previous history of doing)
    Trayvon was a vicious thug and the world is a better place without him. .
    All of this is moot, a jury looked at all the evidence and found him not guilty, despite a vigorous attempt at prosecuting Zimmerman. I think they knew more than you when they made the decision.
  15. Standard member vivify
    rain
    08 Apr '16 14:43
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    You keep making up things.
    Zim didn't approach Trayvon, he stopped following him and was on the sidewalk waiting for police. Trayvon came up to him after doubling back.
    Travon was also a violent racist looking for trouble with a history of starting fights attacking people.
    Zim didn't attack Trayvon, if he had there'd have been bruises on his face. ...[text shortened]... s attempt at prosecuting Zimmerman. I think they knew more than you when they made the decision.
    Use logic. What reason does a 17 yr old have to approach a middle-aged man he never met, who's not doing anything to him? Obviously, Zim approached Trayvon, especially since he says on the 911 call that he was going to engage him. This really no debating this one.