1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 May '21 00:40
    Vector viruses are stripped of any genes that might harm you and actually cause disease. Genes that cause replication are also removed (skipping this step would create a self spreading vaccine), so the virus is harmless and cannot replicate.

Then the coronavirus spike protein genes are added, a use of recombinant DNA. The Oxford/AstraZeneca, J&J and Sputnik vaccines are genetically engineered viruses injected into your body.

Viral vectors are classified as gene therapy by the FDA. mRNA is also classified as gene therapy by the FDA. Since viral vector and mRNA vaccines are intended to prevent disease rather than cure an existing disease, viral vector and mRNA vaccines are called "gene vaccines".
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 May '21 05:09
    @metal-brain said
    Vector viruses are stripped of any genes that might harm you and actually cause disease. Genes that cause replication are also removed (skipping this step would create a self spreading vaccine), so the virus is harmless and cannot replicate.

Then the coronavirus spike protein genes are added, a use of recombinant DNA. The Oxford/AstraZeneca, J&J and Sputnik vaccines ar ...[text shortened]... ase rather than cure an existing disease, viral vector and mRNA vaccines are called "gene vaccines".
    Still at it, eh lad?

You’re wrong. End of.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 May '21 07:16
    @metal-brain said

Then the coronavirus spike protein genes are added, a use of recombinant DNA. The Oxford/AstraZeneca, J&J and Sputnik vaccines ar ...[text shortened]... ase rather than cure an existing disease, viral vector and mRNA vaccines are called "gene vaccines".
    Yes that’s right you have the first clue as to what gene therapy is and 2+2=7.3
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 May '21 09:49
    Saying I am wrong is not proof, it is lying. Shav and kev are ego bruised from being proven wrong so many times, so they troll with lies. They are incapable of proving me wrong and they know it. Here are the relevant excerpts that prove me right:

"Gene vaccines are a new approach to immunization and immunotherapy in which, rather than a live or inactivated organism (or a subunit thereof), one or more genes that encode proteins of the pathogen are delivered."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12667025/

Contrary to false claims, it is not required that your DNA is changed to be considered gene therapy. The FDA makes that clear with this excerpt from the link below:

"Introducing a new or modified gene into the body to help treat a disease"

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

"Gene therapy is a technique that modifies the expression of genes or alters biological properties of cells or tissues for therapeutic purposes."

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/biologics-research-projects/immunogenicity-gene-therapy-products

Now they have to prove the FDA is wrong to be right. Their complete and utter failure is evident to all. All that is necessary is gene transfer which is evident with this part of the first excerpt I posted above. Here it is again:

"one or more genes that encode proteins of the pathogen are delivered"

There is proof that gene transfer takes place which meets the FDA's own criteria.

Shav and kev have not only failed miserably, they have demonstrated that they are shameless liars.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 May '21 11:44
    @metal-brain said
    Saying I am wrong is not proof, it is lying. Shav and kev are ego bruised from being proven wrong so many times, so they troll with lies. They are incapable of proving me wrong and they know it. Here are the relevant excerpts that prove me right:

"Gene vaccines are a new approach to immunization and immunotherapy in which, rather than a live or inactivated organism (or ...[text shortened]...
    Shav and kev have not only failed miserably, they have demonstrated that they are shameless liars.
    As already pointed out, vaccines don't meet the FDA definitions because they do not "treat a disease" nor are they used for "therapeutic purposes."

You should stop calling everybody who disagrees with your incorrect positions "liars".
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 May '21 17:28
    @no1marauder said
    As already pointed out, vaccines don't meet the FDA definitions because they do not "treat a disease" nor are they used for "therapeutic purposes."

You should stop calling everybody who disagrees with your incorrect positions "liars".
    That is why they call them "gene vaccines" as explained in my OP. DUH!

Shav and kev are liars. They said I am wrong and my OP in this thread is 100% accurate. That makes them 100% liars.

You are mistaken. Now that you know my OP is 100% accurate and that I didn't claim gene vaccines were for therapeutic purposes that makes you wrong.

If you continue to make false claims you will no longer be mistaken or confused and you will be a liar. Don't go there.

Viral vector vaccines introduce one or more genes into cells. Same process as gene therapy. The only difference is preventing disease instead of curing disease. They are gene vaccines that do not fit the true definition of vaccines.

Furthermore, the viral vector vaccines are genetically engineered viruses injected into people. It is a mass GMO experiment using people as guinea pigs without FDA approval. If people knew that, many would be more reluctant to take them. That explains the propaganda campaign to convince people that something has to change your DNA to be gene therapy. THAT IS A MYTH that you were duped into believing by several WRONG fact checkers, many of whom plagiarized each other's myths.

If gene vaccines are really so different than gene therapy explain the difference. Preventing instead of treating disease is all you have. A genetically modified gene is inserted into human cells in both cases. No difference there.

That is why they are gene vaccines. They are equally invasive and have the same safety concerns. Gene vaccines are no safer than gene therapy.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 May '21 04:21
    Eric Clapton Blames ‘Propaganda’ for ‘Disastrous’ Covid Vaccine Experience

“My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks,” guitarist writes of reaction to vaccine. “I feared I would never play again”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 May '21 09:12
    @metal-brain said
    Eric Clapton Blames ‘Propaganda’ for ‘Disastrous’ Covid Vaccine Experience

“My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks,” guitarist writes of reaction to vaccine. “I feared I would never play again”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/
    So a guy that’s been pouring all kinds of pharmaceuticals into his system for about sixty years is ranting about a bit of numbness and a burning sensation. What a prize privileged little twot.
    Is he still playing anyway.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 May '21 14:14
    @no1marauder said

Actually you have not established that. You have to prove they prevent disease and you have not done that. COVID-19 vaccines were not designed to, and have not yet been proven to prevent infection and transmission of the new coronavirus in the majority of recipients.

Until there is proof that they do, they are a treatment to a future possible infection, not immunity from the virus. That makes them for "therapeutic purposes." The term "gene therapy" is accurate until proven otherwise.

If you can verify the CDC data is not a result of manipulated data feel free to post the study, but stop saying it is not a treatment. You have no evidence of that. All you have is the word of the CDC and they are known liars.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 May '21 16:05
    @metal-brain said
    That is why they call them "gene vaccines" as explained in my OP. DUH!

Shav and kev are liars. They said I am wrong and my OP in this thread is 100% accurate. That makes them 100% liars.

You are mistaken. Now that you know my OP is 100% accurate and that I didn't claim gene vaccines were for therapeutic purposes that make ...[text shortened]... re equally invasive and have the same safety concerns. Gene vaccines are no safer than gene therapy.
    Your link from 2003 cannot possibly be discussing the present vaccines invented late last year.

Show a recent link from an official source calling these vaccines "gene vaccines".

Thanks in advance.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 May '21 20:241 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Your link from 2003 cannot possibly be discussing the present vaccines invented late last year.

Show a recent link from an official source calling these vaccines "gene vaccines".

Thanks in advance.
    mRNA vaccines predate Covid 19 vaccines. Ebola vaccines are gene vaccines.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 May '21 20:37
    @metal-brain said
    mRNA vaccines predate Covid 19 vaccines. Ebola vaccines are gene vaccines.
    That's non-responsive. I repeat:

"Show a recent link from an official source calling these vaccines [i.e. the ones for COVID19] "gene vaccines".
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 May '21 20:46
    @no1marauder said
    That's non-responsive. I repeat:

"Show a recent link from an official source calling these vaccines [i.e. the ones for COVID19] "gene vaccines".
    Are you claiming COVID 19 vaccines are the only gene vaccines? You are clinging to an irrelevant point. I didn't say only C19 vaccines. Stop attempting to move the goal post in a dishonest way. We were talking about gene vaccines, not only certain gene vaccines.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 May '21 22:06
    @metal-brain said
    Are you claiming COVID 19 vaccines are the only gene vaccines? You are clinging to an irrelevant point. I didn't say only C19 vaccines. Stop attempting to move the goal post in a dishonest way. We were talking about gene vaccines, not only certain gene vaccines.
    I would like you to provide some evidence to back your assertion that the COVID19 vaccines are called "gene vaccines".

I'm still waiting.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '21 22:20
    @Metal-Brain
    Ah, that's the proof you were looking for, that the virus was invented in a Chinese lab, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree