1. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 06:511 edit
    And get back w/me douchess. www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pc-police-be-warned-politically-incorrect-films-take-center-stage-at-toronto-1036650
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    And get back w/me douchess. www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pc-police-be-warned-politically-incorrect-films-take-center-stage-at-toronto-1036650
    While you're at it, go check this one out, too. Watch the trailer for it at least.

http://thebestdemocracymoneycanbuy.com/

Based on the book by Greg Palast, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: A Tale of Billionaires and Ballot Bandits.

I'm not imagining this drum I've been beating for the last 8 months.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 12:183 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    While you're at it, go check this one out, too. Watch the trailer for it at least.

http://thebestdemocracymoneycanbuy.com/

Based on the book by Greg Palast, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: A Tale of Billionaires and Ballot Bandits.

I'm not imagining this drum I've been beating for the last 8 months.
    I have no doubt this is true. It's been around in one form or another for a long time, and was summed up nicely in a 90's film.

"You're not naive enough to think you're living in a Democracy are you? It's a free market"

- Gordon Gekko / Wall Street
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 07:491 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I have no doubt this is true. It's been around in one form or another for a long time, and was summed up nicely in a 90's film.

"You're not naive enough to think you're living in a Democracy are you? It's a free market"

- Gordon Gekko / Wall Street
    That's just economic greed, and has been around for a long time before being perfected into an art form by Reagan.

I'm talking here about the wholesale stealing of the 2016 election. It continues even today, in smaller contests throughout the country. My own state, Arizona, was one of 21 states who turned over almost all voter information to Kris Kobach's committee, even after publicly telling him to go pound sand.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 12:05
    In my honest opinion, there's nothing taboo about joking about rape or murder.

But then again, I like Frankie Boyle. And he jokes about paedophilia.
    HEY! If you can't laugh at 10 year olds being buggered by conservatives, what the hell can you laugh at?
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 18:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    That's just economic greed, and has been around for a long time before being perfected into an art form by Reagan.

I'm talking here about the wholesale stealing of the 2016 election. It continues even today, in smaller contests throughout the country. My own state, Arizona, was one of 21 states who turned over almost all voter information to Kris Kobach's committee, even after publicly telling him to go pound sand.
    Suzi, if you really think that only started in 2016, you're astoundingly naive. Your very country was founded on this principle. That's why you're a state-divided oligarchy, and not a democracy.

What, you think your blessed Founding F&^#ers had any respect for the working *gack* *choke* people!? Don't be ridiculous, they're only there to be a whole class of useful idiots! Washington and Jefferson were more aristocratic than the British government, and well you know it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree