Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 Jun '11 20:33
    This guy never ceases to amaze me. Brilliant strategy !
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    06 Jun '11 20:52
    I wonder when South Park is going to do a story on Mr. *cough* Weiner.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    06 Jun '11 21:01
    Another feather for Breitbart's cap.
  4. 06 Jun '11 21:05
    I betch ya he goes to a sex rehab or something or another.
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    06 Jun '11 21:14
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I betch ya he goes to a sex rehab or something or another.
    I doubt it. If he does I think he'll do so privately. I watched his press conference and some reporter asked him about counseling. He said he might see someone, but then emphasized that this was his own failing. He wasn't trying to blame it on some condition or addiction that is beyond his control.
  6. 06 Jun '11 21:21
    Is he married?
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Jun '11 21:42
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Is he married?
    Yes, he was married last July. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43299964/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

He should resign and stop embarrassing himself.
  8. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    06 Jun '11 21:57
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    This guy never ceases to amaze me. Brilliant strategy !
    This guy is a lying jerk! He should resign now.
  9. 06 Jun '11 22:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yes, he was married last July. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43299964/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

He should resign and stop embarrassing himself.
    How long ago were these photos sent - posted - or whatever?

Personally I don't give a dam about sex scandals unless they involve other forms of curruption (using campaign money, pay offs, etc.). For me they add an element of hypocricy in some cases, i.e. running on superior 'family values', calling for Clinton to be impeached, etc. But beyond that I care primarily about policy positions.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Jun '11 22:10
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    How long ago were these photos sent - posted - or whatever?

Personally I don't give a dam about sex scandals unless they involve other forms of curruption (using campaign money, pay offs, etc.). For me they add an element of hypocricy in some cases, i.e. running on superior 'family values', calling for Clinton to be impeached, etc. But beyond that I care primarily about policy positions.
    Some were sent before his marriage, some very recently. There seem to be a lot of "inappropriate" messages sent however.

Normally, I don't care about these type of scandals either. But when you get up and lie about it for days, you compound your initial private bad judgment with public bad judgment. It might be different if Weiner held a critically important government post where his resignation would cause a lot of problems, but he's just a Congressman and an election could be scheduled quickly as it was in the western New York district where the Republican resigned for similar reasons. If he hangs on, he's unnecessary baggage and a distraction for his party.
  11. 06 Jun '11 22:14
    A real disappointment. He was a strong liberal voice, but a big dummy.
  12. 07 Jun '11 00:46
    You know, the moral issues are obvious. But how is it that these men are so stupid? Tweeting your dick? Give me a break! He was asking for it!

Can any of these idiot keep their peckers in their pocket for five minutes?
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '11 00:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    You know, the moral issues are obvious. But how is it that these men are so stupid? Tweeting your dick? Give me a break! He was asking for it!

Can any of these idiot keep their peckers in their pocket for five minutes?
    It's a common refrain from these politicians. They're constantly doted on and sucked up to by all their sycophants. Their heads get so big that they think they're invulnerable. They think their ring of protection and influence will protect them come Hell or high water.
  14. 07 Jun '11 01:17
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's a common refrain from these politicians. They're constantly doted on and sucked up to by all their sycophants. Their heads get so big that they think they're invulnerable. They think their ring of protection and influence will protect them come Hell or high water.
    Which is actually quite the opposite. I mean, HELLO! You're in a position of power and you have a lot of powerful enemies. If you even fart the wrong direction it can and will be used against you.

Why so many of them think they have a bullet proof vest is beyond me. They're actually wearing huge bullet magnets.
  15. 07 Jun '11 01:19
    Originally posted by badmoon
    A real disappointment. He was a strong liberal voice, but a big dummy.
    I agree. It was so much fun watching him pimp slap Fox news hosts. I stopped watching Fox, but I bet they're running 'round the clock 24/7 weener coverage.