Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '15 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I look forward to more hunters thinning out the deer population.

Might cut down on Lyme's Disease.
    I look forward to a deer peppering your a$$ with some shot! and hanging you on a wall.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 May '15 15:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I look forward to a deer peppering your a$$ with some shot! and hanging you on a wall.
    Do they have a problem with deer killing people as they drive down the road?
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 May '15 17:062 edits
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Went with some friends, many different guns , pistols/rifles/shotguns, made a day of it..
    Swapped info about favorite reloads, did some chronograph tests of what our cartridges were doing versus what we thought they should be, and had a great time.
    It's an American hobby, sport, and pastime going back two hundred years and we don't want to lose that right.
    Why is that so hard to understand for Europeans and liberals?
    FishHead - I think it's you gun owners that DON"T get it. Those dirty old liberals like me have no problem with law abiding folks like you shooting their guns in a safe manner, what we have a problem with (and please listen this time) is every time we want to pass a law that keeps guns out of the hands of criminals, the mentally retarded, kids, and others that should not have a gun, the NRA and many of you swing in to action putting pressure on the appropriate lawmakers to kill it, while churning out all kinds of press releases stating THOSE DAMN LIBERALS WANT TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!! This oversimplifying of our intentions is inaccurate and wrong So please...knock off the stereotyping of Liberals and Europeans, we're not the enemy. Get It??
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '15 19:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do they have a problem with deer killing people as they drive down the road?
    Deer can drive? Do they need a license like humans?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 May '15 19:24
    Deer can drive? Do they need a license like humans?
    Just goes to show your ignorance. Anyone who actually lives around deer know exactly what I'm talking about.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '15 20:12
    Just goes to show your ignorance. Anyone who actually lives around deer know exactly what I'm talking about.
    Well Ill ask one the next time he drives by , antlers sticking out of the sun roof blasting Rudolf the red nosed reindeer hip hop style.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 May '15 20:24
    Well Ill ask one the next time he drives by , antlers sticking out of the sun roof blasting Rudolf the red nosed reindeer hip hop style.
    When you seen them in the front seat, you'll see dead people under them.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    22 May '15 20:49
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Wrong!
    Who refers to a subject; whom refers to an object. In this case, the subject is you and the direct object is whom, not who. Think of it this way, Whom did who shoot?.

Yes, we Americans tend to not talk like this, much like the younger generation is unaware of the difference between too or to, or there, their, or they're.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    22 May '15 20:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I do understand that you don't want to loose that right. What I don't understand is your desire to hold on to that right despite all the negative consequences. I too would love to play around with guns sometimes. But if that means allowing criminals easy access to guns then I will happily forego that opportunity.
    I know of few negative consequences. If the government made a ban on guns the law abiding citizens would obey the law (well, some, I wouldn't-I'm a lifelong member of the NRA). Criminals by definitions are ones who disobey the law, so any prohibition on guns would not really deter criminals. You really only disarm the law abiding populace who don't want to face consequences.

John Locke believed self-defence was a natural right. I do too. If a man walked into a convenience store with stealing something in mind but he knew in teh back of his head that statistically 75% of individuals carry conceal weapons, he might have second thoughts about it.

I've never had any break into my house because I have two German Shepherds that combine make 235 lbs. It's a deterrent; so are guns.

The American government will, in my opinion, never successfully outlaw guns. If an officer tried to take my guns I'd appeal to the Second Amendment which supersedes all other laws. I also know, most Officers would not enforce this in my area being NRA members themselves.

There would also be potential for bloodshed over such a law. I know many who would fight to hold their guns and rights; I'm one.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '15 21:52
    When you seen them in the front seat, you'll see dead people under them.
    really they sit on dead people? don't they have seats like normal drivers?
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    22 May '15 22:28
    Originally posted by Eladar to Robbie Carrobie
    Eladar seems too ignorant of English grammar to comprehend that Robbie Carrobie
    was sarcastically commenting on Eladar's misleading use of words in his sentence:
    "Do they have a problem with deer killing people as they drive down the road?"
    In Eladar's sentence, 'they' may be interpreted to have 'deer' as its antecedent.

I have noticed that many right-wing white Americans here are poor at reading and writing English.
    They also tend to be far too arrogant to admit they could have any need to improve.
    While they tend to enjoy sneering at the supposedly bad English of Latino or Asian
    immigrants, I believe that many of these immigrants can write English better than they.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    22 May '15 22:391 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Whom gives a crap?
    Why didn't Sleepyguy offer to bet his money to back Normbenign, his fellow right-wing
    white American, when Normbenign jumped at the opportunity to attack me again?
    (Did Normbenign 'give a crap' about the distinction between 'who' and 'whom'?)
    While Sleepyguy might not hate me quite as much as Normbenign does, I suspect
    that Sleepyguy would be gloating in the (hypothetical) event that Normbenign were
    right and I were wrong on any issue. Given that, of course, Normbenign's wrong and
    I'm right, Sleepyguy prefers to act like it's of no significance.

When I taught English to some Chinese students, I noticed that their attitudes toward
    studying were very different from those of most white American students. The Chinese
    were much less arrogant and self-satisfied and much more willing to accept criticism
    in their pursuit of learning. I expected that most of these Chinese students would be
    able, eventually, to write English better than most American native speakers of English.
    But that achievement would hardly spare them from racist sneering by many Americans.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '15 02:122 edits
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Why didn't Sleepyguy offer to bet his money to back Normbenign, his fellow right-wing
    white American, when Normbenign jumped at the opportunity to attack me again?
    (Did Normbenign 'give a crap' about the distinction between 'who' and 'whom'?)
    While Sleepyguy might not hate me quite as much as Normbenign does, I suspect
    that Sleepyguy would be gloating ...[text shortened]... f English.
    But that achievement would hardly spare them from racist sneering by many Americans.
    Ohhh...the WHITE students you taught were arrogant and didn't accept criticism ?
    How about the black students. like this?

YouTube

Or did you ever teach black students?

I have.

Or rather I tried to.
  14. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    23 May '15 06:121 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Eladar seems too ignorant of English grammar to comprehend that Robbie Carrobie
    was sarcastically commenting on Eladar's misleading use of words in his sentence:
    "Do they have a problem with deer killing people as they drive down the road?"
    In Eladar's sentence, 'they' may be interpreted to have 'deer' as its antecedent.

I have noticed that many righ ...[text shortened]... r Asian
    immigrants, I believe that many of these immigrants can write English better than they.
    I agree with you, but to a point. I would qualify this statement, 'I have noticed that many Americans here are poor at reading and writing English.' I understand whom your target was though. However, rewording it as I have done makes it less polemic.

In my experience, much of the liberal ideology in the U.S. depends on ignorance just as some of the so-called right wing ideologies do too. Your statement seems to imply a bias to me (perhaps I'm wrong and you would wish to fill it out more?).

A lot of the right wing fanatics have an American centric ego-I grew up in this. However, liberalism has its own vices too, and many of these vices are shared between liberals and conservatives.

Edit: the labels we slap on others say just as much about ourselves as those we labelled.
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 May '15 12:40
    what did you shoot?
    black people