1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 05:30
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43108116

Strange old world.
    Vandals have sprayed swastikas on the Polish embassy in Israel.

There’s seemingly some discord about the Polish prime minister’s coments on the holocaust.

In answer to a question from an Israeli journalist he Mr Morawiecki said: "It's extremely important to first understand that, of course, it's not going to be punishable, not going to be seen as criminal to say that there were Polish perpetrators - as there were Jewish perpetrators, as there were Russian perpetrators, as there were Ukrainian.... not only German perpetrators."

Here’s a definition:
    Perpetrator: “a person who carries out a harmful, illegal, or immoral act.”

We all know of the Sonderkommando.
    And we all know that that every society spews forth sadists.
    So, it’s not irrational to imagine that there were Jews who did perpetrate the holocaust.

But is it rather strange that the Polish prime minister, in his example, would use the Jews.

What you all think?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 12:47
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

Strange old world.

There’s seemingly some discord about the Polish prime minister’s coments on the holocaust.

In answer to a question from an Israeli journalist he Mr Morawiecki said: "It's extremely important to first understand that, o ...[text shortened]... range that the Polish prime minister, in his example, would use the Jews.

What you all think?
    I used to think Poland was a land of pretty smart people, but for their Prime Minister to say "Jews were among perpetrators of the Holocaust" is just plain stupid. The PM had to know this was going inflame tensions between to 2 countries, and this gives Jews another excuse to yell "Anti Semitism" but this time the Jews have a legitimate complaint. Not smart. I think Poland needs a new Prime Minister.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 12:483 edits
    Not to change the subject or anything, but I was aghast when I heard that the Polish hockey team would not be at the Olympics this year.

Apparently they all drown during spring training.

Very sad.

Carry on.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 13:122 edits
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

Strange old world.

In answer to a question from an Israeli journalist he Mr Morawiecki said: "It's extremely important to first understand that, o ...[text shortened]... range that the Polish prime minister, in his example, would use the Jews.

What you all think?
    The root cause of antisemitism is not easy to identify. I do believe many resent the economic and intellectual success of many Jews. When European Jews were not allowed to own land, they turned to banking. This brought wealth and therefore power and therefore resentment and hence antisemitism. Perhaps the Polish prime minister is spouting the old canard that Jews have climbed to power and wealth on the backs of others who really deserve those rewards. Jew are too clever and their cleverness has brought on antisemitism and the Holocaust. It was all their own fault for being so successful.
    http://www.aish.com/sem/wtj/82878122.html
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 13:36
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Not to change the subject or anything, but I was aghast when I heard that the Polish hockey team would not be at the Olympics this year.

Apparently they all drown during spring training.

Very sad.

Carry on.
    Almost as sad as when Poland sent troops to assist in the Gulf war.

The Mexicans just didn't know what to do with them.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 14:03
    Question: was there antisemitism in Poland prior to the German invasion? Any answers are greatly appreciated.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 14:54
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Almost as sad as when Poland sent troops to assist in the Gulf war.

The Mexicans just didn't know what to do with them.
    What did the Polish do to prepare for the reunification of Germany?

Speed bumps for their Panzers.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 16:46
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Question: was there antisemitism in Poland prior to the German invasion? Any answers are greatly appreciated.
    Yes. There was.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Feb '18 17:21
    Originally posted by @vivify
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree