Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    23 Jul '17
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 04:07
    Alright, you want to fly your Trump balloon, you want to paint yourselves up in drag and holler about how bad the United States is, fine. But I can’t believe that you’re not at the end of your rope because the pro-Trump March was denied a permit. Have you lost your damn minds? No matter what side you’re on, you should have freedom of assembly, association, and speech. But the police tell you ‘no’ and you just go on about your way.

Here’s a wake-up call for all of you. You do not live in a free society. You Are ruled. And you’re ruled because you didn’t fight for your rights. We did, and we won them from you, and we’re fighting in the US every day to preserve them.

I don’t think you get to have an opinion on anything regarding America while you consent to live under the thumb of your government. Thank God we kicked your imperial asses out of our country when we did.

I remember watching film reels of grown, unarmed Parisian men standing on the Champa Elysses crying as the Nazis parades through, crying instead of fighting the invading force. I remember thinking, even as a boy, that that would never be me. You lot - you’ve been conquered from within. And you’ve put up just as much resistance as the French did eighty years ago.

I used to admire you. I admired your sense of nation, of duty, of the ability of ordinary people to do extraordinary things to preserve your island nation. That is no more. You’ve surrendered your rights without a single shot fired, and now you’re subjects, completely controlled by your government.

You all better get your act together. You better get your act together, or what will happen to you will make 1984 look like Sunday Funday. God Bless America.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 06:19
    LOL
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 10:30
    Originally posted by @eastcoastwoodpusher
    Alright, you want to fly your Trump balloon, you want to paint yourselves up in drag and holler about how bad the United States is, fine. But I can’t believe that you’re not at the end of your rope because the pro-Trump March was denied a permit. Have you lost your damn minds? No matter what side you’re on, you should have freedom of assembly ...[text shortened]... together, or what will happen to you will make 1984 look like Sunday Funday. God Bless America.
    Any yet you haven't got the balls to post under your real username 😵
  4. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 10:31
    Originally posted by @eastcoastwoodpusher
    Alright, you want to fly your Trump balloon, you want to paint yourselves up in drag and holler about how bad the United States is, fine. But I can’t believe that you’re not at the end of your rope because the pro-Trump March was denied a permit. Have you lost your damn minds? No matter what side you’re on, you should have freedom of assembly ...[text shortened]... together, or what will happen to you will make 1984 look like Sunday Funday. God Bless America.
    What pro-Trump march are you speaking of, specifically? In the U.K., pro-Trump groups are typically extremist hate groups like the English Defence League. I think subhumans should have freedom of speech, but denying them a permit to protest in public streets to safeguard public order seems like a reasonable course of action to me.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 11:531 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    What pro-Trump march are you speaking of, specifically? In the U.K., pro-Trump groups are typically extremist hate groups like the English Defence League. I think subhumans should have freedom of speech, but denying them a permit to protest in public streets to safeguard public order seems like a reasonable course of action to me.
    I think subhumans should have freedom of speech, but denying them a permit to protest in public streets to safeguard public order seems like a reasonable course of action to me.

Do you realize that what you have said could have come straight out of the mouth of Adolf Hitler? People who disagree with you are "subhuman" (a word straight out of the Nuremberg Laws) and they have no right to protest because that's disturbing "public order". Hendrik Verwoerd had similar thoughts to you. Diversity reigns supreme, just not that annoying diversity of thought.

People are waking up to leftism's deep hypocrisies. Thank goodness it's a dying ideology.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 11:56
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    [b]I think subhumans should have freedom of speech, but denying them a permit to protest in public streets to safeguard public order seems like a reasonable course of action to me.

Do you realize that what you have said could have come straight out of the mouth of Adolf Hitler? People who disagree with you are "subhuman" (a word straight ou ...[text shortened]... t.

People are waking up to leftism's deep hypocrisies. Thank goodness it's a dying ideology.[/b]
    IF it completely dies out and we return to more "traditional" ideologies, it's likely you'll be in prison or executed for your sexual orientation.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 11:57
    What pro-Drumpf march are you speaking of, specifically? In the U.K., pro-Drumpf groups are typically extremist hate groups like the English Defence League. I think subhumans should have freedom of speech, but denying them a permit to protest in public streets to safeguard public order seems like a reasonable course of action to me.
    no it's not. free speech is not negotiable. unless you can proove they are or will be inciting to violence, they should be allowed to protest.

supporting free speech only when you agree with it is not hard and you don't get a cookie.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 12:09
    Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-uk-visit-latest-protests-tommy-robinson-free-rally-police-restrictions-violence-disorder-a8444016.html

The march wasn't banned but restrictions were placed on it due to:

Police have imposed tight restrictions on protests in support of Donald Trump and jailed far-right leader Tommy Robinson, in an effort to prevent “serious disorder” in London.

Organisers of a march in support of the US president plan to merge with a demonstration in support of the EDL founder on Saturday, a day after a huge rally opposing Mr Trump’s visit to Britain.

Scotland Yard said it was imposing restrictions “in order to prevent serious disorder and disruption to Londoners” following violence seen at a previous Free Tommy Robinson protest last month.

His supporters threw metal barriers, bottles and other objects at police officers, injuring five of them. Nine people were arrested.

Some pro-Robinson protesters were seen performing Nazi salutes, while others stormed and vandalised a sightseeing bus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-uk-visit-latest-protests-tommy-robinson-free-rally-police-restrictions-violence-disorder-a8444016.html
  9. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 12:17
    [b]I think subhumans should have freedom of speech, but denying them a permit to protest in public streets to safeguard public order seems like a reasonable course of action to me.

Do you realize that what you have said could have come straight out of the mouth of Adolf Hitler? People who disagree with you are "subhuman" (a word straight ou ...[text shortened]... t.

People are waking up to leftism's deep hypocrisies. Thank goodness it's a dying ideology.[/b]
    Sheesh, tone it down with your hysteria. We're precisely talking about the kind of people who would have enthusiastically supported the gas chambers here. Is racism now so accepted that it has even become controversial to denounce racists as lesser human beings?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    no it's not. free speech is not negotiable. unless you can proove they are or will be inciting to violence, they should be allowed to protest.

supporting free speech only when you agree with it is not hard and you don't get a cookie.
    These people did, in fact, incite violence. That's probably why their permit was denied (or more accurately, restrictions were placed on their protest, as no1 pointed out).

Their freedom of speech or right to assembly hasn't been infringed in any way.
  11. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 12:331 edit
    These people did, in fact, incite violence. That's probably why their permit was denied (or more accurately, restrictions were placed on their protest, as no1 pointed out).

Their freedom of speech or right to assembly hasn't been infringed in any way.
    Out of the 250,000+ people who protested Trump in London, there were only two arrests for inciting violence. Those two arrests came from a pro-trump rally of about 50 Brits. Go figure...
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-london-welcome-trump-rally-20180714-story.html
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:13

If you are a nazi, you're subhuman. If you are a nazi, you are not having an opinion worthy of consideration. Being a nazi is not the same as having differing opinions on whether Freddie Mercury is the best rock lead singer or what the best movie of all time is.

Being a nazi means you, at some point, decided to remove yourself from the human race. We expect your return but until then, you are less than.
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:25
    I've learned, over the years, that the US is really perhaps the only place in the world where the citizens consistently give lip service to liberty in a meaningful way. While Americans can be a bit provincial and naive, they do love the idea of liberty, whcih says a lot, as much of the Western world is generally pessimistic toward these things.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:32
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I've learned, over the years, that the US is really perhaps the only place in the world where the citizens consistently give lip service to liberty in a meaningful way. While Americans can be a bit provincial and naive, they do love the idea of liberty, whcih says a lot, as much of the Western world is generally pessimistic toward these things.
    Yeah, as long as that liberty isn't moving from A to B or doing business between A and B, amirite?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:49
    Europe is big on name calling and using marginalizing to keep political opposition groups in check.

Group think as described in the original post. Certain points of view are allowed while others are not.