Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    06 Apr '16 14:51 / 4 edits
    It seems all the right wing noise and hype about Hillary's e mails is turning into a great big nothing. The FBI and State Dept. probes are shutting down. NO evidence of illegal activity. Tens of millions of dollars and thousands of hours spent, all for naught. Sorry little republicans...those smarty pants Liberals always seem to be 2 steps ahead of you. Can you say "Madam President"??

    http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/fbi-shuts-down-hillary-clinton-email-investigation-effort/22504/

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/state-department-halts-clinton-email-investigation-defers-fbi/story?id=38083129

    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-fbi-asked-the-state-department-to-stop-investigating-hillary-clintons-emails-2016-4
  2. 06 Apr '16 15:36
    Originally posted by bill718
    It seems all the right wing noise and hype about Hillary's e mails is turning into a great big nothing. The FBI and State Dept. probes are shutting down. NO evidence of illegal activity. Tens of millions of dollars and thousands of hours spent, all for naught. Sorry little republicans...those smarty pants Liberals always seem to be 2 steps ahead of you. Can ...[text shortened]... ider.com/the-fbi-asked-the-state-department-to-stop-investigating-hillary-clintons-emails-2016-4
    Your gloating isn't enhancing your image. The result was preordained. Hillary is an insider, and the rest of the insiders made it look like they were investigating, when their real objective was to cover up.

    If there was no ulterior motive for a private server, why would she dodge the law, at her expense? Common sense tells you there was something to hide. Whether it can still be found is another thing. Hillary can afford the best cleaners in the business, and most of the opposition has stuff to hide as well, so they aren't going after her as hard as they might.
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Apr '16 16:07
    I think the US right-wingers have too many problems of their own to be worried about Mrs. Clinton's emails; a story which from the start was nothing but piffle.
  4. 06 Apr '16 16:21
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I think the US right-wingers have too many problems of their own to be worried about Mrs. Clinton's emails; a story which from the start was nothing but piffle.
    I don't know. Are you privy to them. I am not. The notion that a sane and rational politician, with a government position (SOS) and a personally cost free email server, would for some unexplained reason refuse that in favor of a private email account would make any thoughtful person wonder.....why?

    Whether that server has been washed, or not, I don't pretend to have the technical knowledge to say. When something smells, and her private email account has from the beginning, somebody ought to follow the trail of the odor. Will they find anything? I dunno. But why raise the questions in the first place?
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 Apr '16 16:24
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I don't know. Are you privy to them. I am not. The notion that a sane and rational politician, with a government position (SOS) and a personally cost free email server, would for some unexplained reason refuse that in favor of a private email account would make any thoughtful person wonder.....why?

    Whether that server has been washed, or not, I don' ...[text shortened]... f the odor. Will they find anything? I dunno. But why raise the questions in the first place?
    I guess you are hoping she gets bumped out of the race so Bernie can be president?

    Trump is unelectable.
  6. 07 Apr '16 00:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I guess you are hoping she gets bumped out of the race so Bernie can be president?

    Trump is unelectable.
    It has nothing to do with Presidential politics.

    I see now that the margin between Trump and Cruz is narrowing. I personally think that any Republican will be favored to beat either Democrat hopeful. The truth is that no Presidential candidate will actually get to enact as much as 5% of what they propose on the stump.

    Bernie is a long shot, but not to be under estimated. Hillary is to contaminated to be running.
  7. 07 Apr '16 08:09
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Your gloating isn't enhancing your image. The result was preordained. Hillary is an insider, and the rest of the insiders made it look like they were investigating, when their real objective was to cover up.

    If there was no ulterior motive for a private server, why would she dodge the law, at her expense? Common sense tells you there was something t ...[text shortened]... the opposition has stuff to hide as well, so they aren't going after her as hard as they might.
    oh for fuk's sake will you let those damn emails go already? she is an oblivious old woman who did a mistake any grandma could make. she didn't plan a coup d'etat she didn't embezzle funds.

    she used a personal email account. get over it, you are sounding like an idiot.
  8. 07 Apr '16 09:00
    Originally posted by bill718
    Tens of millions of dollars and thousands of hours spent,
    There are people getting paid over ten thousand dollars an hour to investigate emails? I want that job.
  9. 07 Apr '16 09:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Trump is unelectable.
    ... which makes Cruz ....
  10. 07 Apr '16 09:06
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I personally think that any Republican will be favored to beat either Democrat hopeful.
    And what do you base this on? Remember that the person that gets elected is not the one you like, but the one the majority of americans votes go to.
  11. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    07 Apr '16 14:47
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Your gloating isn't enhancing your image. The result was preordained. Hillary is an insider, and the rest of the insiders made it look like they were investigating, when their real objective was to cover up.

    If there was no ulterior motive for a private server, why would she dodge the law, at her expense? Common sense tells you there was something t ...[text shortened]... the opposition has stuff to hide as well, so they aren't going after her as hard as they might.
    Earth to Norm. This email "scandal" was nothing more than a smear campaign by the right wing to try to discredit Hillary Clinton. It didn't work. Deal with it!
  12. 07 Apr '16 17:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead to Normbenign
    And what do you base this on? Remember that the person that gets elected
    is not the one you like, but the one the majority of americans votes go to.
    "...the person who gets elected is ... the one the majority of americans votes go to."
    --Twhitehead

    Not necessarily true. A US President can be elected without a majority of the popular vote.
  13. 07 Apr '16 18:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Earth to Norm. This email "scandal" was nothing more than a smear campaign by the right wing to try to discredit Hillary Clinton. It didn't work. Deal with it!
    It did work. It almost certainly brought down Hillary's numbers as did the Benghazi smear campaign. Of course it would be a mixed bag as her successfully standing up to both campaigns also gained her some supporters. Bernies biggest problem in this election is he simply doesn't look like he can take a hit whereas Clinton has proven that she can. Policies often take second place to 'looking presidential'.
  14. 07 Apr '16 21:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It did work. It almost certainly brought down Hillary's numbers as did the Benghazi smear campaign. Of course it would be a mixed bag as her successfully standing up to both campaigns also gained her some supporters. Bernies biggest problem in this election is he simply doesn't look like he can take a hit whereas Clinton has proven that she can. Policies often take second place to 'looking presidential'.
    Neither of those amounted to a "smear campaign". If Hillary Clinton becomes the Democrat nominee, then you might see a smear campaign.

    She was Sec. of State during the Benghazi affair, and her performance was dismal.

    She did use a private email server, with no plausible explanation, when one was provided for her by the government. Why?

    Fellow Democrats may not want to attack her on those things, but if Republicans don't, I'll be smelling a rat.
  15. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    07 Apr '16 22:52 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Neither of those amounted to a "smear campaign". If Hillary Clinton becomes the Democrat nominee, then you might see a smear campaign.

    She was Sec. of State during the Benghazi affair, and her performance was dismal.

    She did use a private email server, with no plausible explanation, when one was provided for her by the government. Why?

    Fellow ...[text shortened]... ts may not want to attack her on those things, but if Republicans don't, I'll be smelling a rat.
    I'm confident your legal scholarship is far superior than that of the FBI and Justice dept. They found no evidence of illegal activity, but.....Norm does. Yup, sure carries a lot of weight with me!

    I guess that means smearing someone is more important than finding out of they are actually guilty of anything illegal. I always knew I could count on those right wing Christians to do the right thing.