Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 23:033 edits
    As hardcore Conservative and Liberal backers flail away at each other, few are paying attention to the group that will really decide the next 2 local and national elections.

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots will likely tip the scales in tight congressional races from New Jersey to California. Nationwide, whites over the age of 60 with college degrees now favor Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a 2-point margin, During the same period in 2016, that same group favored Republicans for Congress by 10 percentage points, a swing of 12 points in favor of the Democrats.

An example: John Camm has been a Republican since the Nixon Administration, but the 63-year-old Tucson accountant says he will likely support a Democrat for Congress in November. He is splitting with his party over access to health insurance as well as its recent overhaul of the nation’s income tax system. He also supports gun control measures that the party has rejected. “I’m a moderate Republican, and yet my party has run away from that,” Camm said. “So give me a moderate Democrat.”

Trump supporters: You can cry "fake news" all you want, but the reign of your blowhard in chief and his minions are coming to a close.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-healthcare-poll/exclusive-as-elections-near-many-older-educated-white-voters-shift-away-from-trumps-party-idUSKBN1HG1I6
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 06:59
    Originally posted by @mchill
    As hardcore Conservative and Liberal backers flail away at each other, few are paying attention to the group that will really decide the next 2 local and national elections.

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots will likely tip the scales i ...[text shortened]... ve-as-elections-near-many-older-educated-white-voters-shift-away-from-trumps-party-idUSKBN1HG1I6
    I concur.
    Moderation has become a dirty word in American politics.

We can hope that, as the post-Trumpian pendulum swings back to the left...the corpses of dead extremist political careers... might fall in its path.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 12:38

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots will likely tip the scales i ...[text shortened]... ve-as-elections-near-many-older-educated-white-voters-shift-away-from-trumps-party-idUSKBN1HG1I6
    If I were the Dims, I would run on impeaching Trump.

After all, that is exactly what they would do.
  4. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 13:01
    Originally posted by @whodey

Trump's had his fill of "peaches". Let's not encourage further lecherous behavior.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 14:14
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Trump's had his fill of "peaches". Let's not encourage further lecherous behavior.
    Well what else are the Dims going to run on?

Beat those drums, break out those vagina hats and start shouting down everyone. There is an election to win.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 14:17
    break out those vagina hats
    Trump used a cruder word than "vagina". Why are you changing it? You're not ashamed to quote your Republican leader, are you?
  7. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 15:01
    Which radical progressive™ will the demorats prop up next. Can't wait for the next 8 years of hideous, naked losers with bullhorns marching for the legal right of 40 year old, hairy, sweaty, gender-confused men to share public bathrooms with little girls. Because that always was a huge priority for mainstream America.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 15:28

Older, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016.
    You are possibly confused because studies of electoral demographics usually consider "college-educated" as a group, whereas "educated" Americans are of course only a small subset of this group. Donald Trump for example is technically "college-educated," but no reasonable person would consider him "educated." I would be very surprised if Clinton didn't win the "educated"-group by a landslide.
  9. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 16:471 edit

If I were you Whodey, I'd run on spelling better. "Dims" is not a word anymore than "cuz" is. However, they have 1 useful quality, they identify you as a, rather dim witted, uneducated white guy, the shining hallmarks of a proud Trump supporter.
  10. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 16:55

If I were you Whodey, I'd run on spelling better. "Dims" is not a word anymore than "cuz" is. However, they have 1 useful quality, they identify you as a, rather dim witted, uneducated white guy, the shining hallmarks of a proud Trump supporter.
    it seems 'Dims' wasn't misspelled after all. Thanks for explaining the use of the word.
  11. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 17:002 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    it seems 'Dims' wasn't misspelled after all. Thanks for explaining the use of the word.
    Oh, you're referring to Dims = "I'm stupid and proud if it!" No problem. Let me know if you need any other childish and simple terms explained to you. Big words can be a challenge sometimes. 🙂
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra to Mchill
    You are possibly confused because studies of electoral demographics usually consider "college-educated" as a group, whereas "educated" Americans are of course only a small subset of this group. Donald Trump for example is technically "college-educated," but no reasonable person would consider him "educated." I would be very surprised if Clinton didn't win the "educated"-group by a landslide.
    I suspect that Mchll considers himself an 'older white educated voter'.

While Mchill claims that he did not vote for Donald Trump, during the 2016 campaign he
    made some positive comments about him. Early in 2017, Mchill wrote that President Trump
    should be given 'a year' (presumably without opposition) to implement his plans for the USA.

If Mchill pretends that he was always absolutely opposed to Donald Trump from the start,
    then he's lying and hoping that readers have short memories.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 22:59
    Well what else are the Dims going to run on?

Beat those drums, break out those vagina hats and start shouting down everyone. There is an election to win.
    No thanks. Then we go from a sociopath to an ideologue who thinks he can pray away the gay and the like.