1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 06:16
    If you're like most people, you're getting tired of politics, and even more tired of masking up, infection rates, and other byproducts of this pandemic. "Vote for Me" signs litter the side of the roads, little trips to the movie theatre, our favorite restaurant or market is no longer a good idea, so - - what do you do now? Personally, I've been lucky. 2 new clients have me learning new software systems, bigger workload also, I've repaired and refinished 3 tables and a hutch over the summer, done some yard work, and made some progress with weight loss. Plans for an OTB chess comeback are slow going. A strong player from these forums has graciously given me some tips to improve my play, but I cannot respond much now because of the workload. Overall the news is good on my end -

- but how about you? What do YOU do in these days of limited lifestyle options, and too many political talking heads?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 07:49
    Well, I have to work a lot. And a large part of my job is advisory or chairing meetings.
    So, I work from home, behind a computer using MS Teams, etc.

And I have fysiotherapy for my neck and shoulders and painkillers for my neck and legs... so, ideal it is not.

I watch a lot of comedies and movies.
    I get in my car and drive around for hours and hours.

I started cooking a couple of years ago and am getting quite competent at it.
    This year I’ve been focussing on sauces. And quite genuinely, I can now make sauces which equal sauces in Michelin restaurants.

Tonight we’re eating a venison stew.

🍽🥂
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 09:081 edit
    I work a little more perhaps then I should. I work from my mum's spare room because my house is very busy.
    Like you Mchill I've been looking at losing weight and, like you Shavixmir I've been cooking more.
    I feel like my family have all adapted to this new way of living well. We can do this!

Things I've found that help:
    Going for walks as much as possible
    Eating healthily (I've stopped buying processed food)
    Watching Ted talks to learn new things, hear different people's ideas
    Calling friends and seeing them at a social distance as much as possible (I even managed a meal out with a few friends recently)
    Playing chess in here
    Meditation
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 09:12
    @mchill said
    If you're like most people, you're getting tired of politics, and even more tired of masking up, infection rates, and other byproducts of this pandemic. "Vote for Me" signs litter the side of the roads, little trips to the movie theatre, our favorite restaurant or market is no longer a good idea, so - - what do you do now? Personally, I've been lucky. 2 new clients have me lea ...[text shortened]... ou? What do YOU do in these days of limited lifestyle options, and too many political talking heads?
    - Turned off all news and social media motivations several weeks ago; I check in when it suits me not when they tell me to.
    - lost what would have been a year of work when COVID arrived so spent lockdown at the coast walking across the deserted golf course, around lanes.
    - moved home: selling was easy, moved into rented, buying has been a nightmare with collapsing chains, greedy vendors and dishonest agents. Finally found a dreamy little place last month.
    - back in the pool pounding the lengths, lost over a stone and it’s still coming off
    - eating a better although I’ve gotten fond of snickers bars.
    - I guess I’m waiting it out for the apocalypse.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 09:13
    @shavixmir said
    I get in my car and drive around for hours and hours.
    A great therapy for me also.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree