Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Mar '11 12:23
    http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/446/enact-windfall-profits-tax-for-oil-companies/

Not much, apparently.
  2. 23 Mar '11 12:28
    Obama is in the back pocket of oil companies.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    24 Mar '11 05:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/446/enact-windfall-profits-tax-for-oil-companies/

Not much, apparently.
    Everything Obama commits to has an expiration date. I think he may be just making crap up. He is unbelievable, literally.
  4. 24 Mar '11 09:20
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Everything Obama commits to has an expiration date. I think he may be just making crap up. He is unbelievable, literally.
    At least he's going to close down Guantanamo...

Wait...
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Mar '11 10:32
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Honestly. I feel bad for the President. I think his heart is in the right place and he's doing his best; but at this point I think it's plain that he's just in over his head on this job.
  6. 27 Mar '11 00:28
    Honestly. I feel bad for the President. I think his heart is in the right place and he's doing his best; but at this point I think it's plain that he's just in over his head on this job.
    couldn't have predicted that when a freshman DEMOCRAT from ILLINOIS was running for the presidency?
  7. 27 Mar '11 00:28
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Illinois,_2004

The 2004 United States Senate election in Illinois was held on November 2, 2004. Incumbent Republican U.S. Senator Peter Fitzgerald decided to retire after one term. The Democratic and Republican primary elections were held in March, which included a total of 15 candidates who combined to spend a record total of over $60 million seeking the open seat. State Senator Barack Obama won the Democratic primary, as Jack Ryan won the Republican primary, but three months later Ryan announced his withdrawal from the race — four days after the Chicago Tribune persuaded a California court to release child custody records. Six weeks later, the Illinois Republican State Central Committee chose former Diplomat Alan Keyes to replace Ryan as the Republican candidate. The election was the first in which both major party candidates were African American. Obama's 43% margin of victory was the largest in the state history of U.S. Senate elections.
  8. 27 Mar '11 00:38
    Everyone thinks they are doing the "right" think sh76.

Too bad the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    27 Mar '11 02:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Everyone thinks they are doing the "right" think sh76.

Too bad the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Yes, but some people's entire political being (ah-algore-em) is to cynically exploit the political process and play on people's fears for their personal gain and self-aggrandizement. I do not think Obama fits into this category.