Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 12:432 edits
    http://www.wnd.com/2018/05/condoms-required-at-scouts-24th-world-jamboree/

Why are minors given condoms at scouting events again?

“With the addition of condoms and alcohol, the World Jamboree is starting to sound more like a 1960s Woodstock festival rather than a campout that parents would want to send their children to!”

Well, it looks like Leftists have subverted and now in the process of gutting another American institution.

Well done pervs.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey

“With the addition of condoms and alcohol, the World Jamboree is starting to sound more like a 1960s Woodstock festival rather than a campout that parents would want to send their children to!”

Well, it looks like Lefti ...[text shortened]... ve subverted and now in the process of gutting another American institution.

Well done pervs.
    shavmixer , handy andy and zalhanzi will be there with their tutu's on.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:04
    I would imagine that new merit badges will be in order with this type of activity.

Maybe priests will start joining the fluid genderless Scouts.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:352 edits

Well, it looks like Lefti ...[text shortened]... ve subverted and now in the process of gutting another American institution.

Well done pervs.
    Well, it looks like Leftists have subverted and now in the process of gutting another American institution.

Right - O Whodey. It's far better to give them access to firearms so they can waltz into their schools and slaughter lots of their classmates.

First those pesky Liberals want to protect our teenagers from unwanted pregnancies, now they're messing with the 2nd amendment, why that's downright UN AMERICAN! 😠
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:37
    One of the major reasons the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are separated was for children to focus on things OTHER than sexually related issues. You know, like wilderness survival and hiking and leadership, etc.

However, with the addition of gays that all changes. You may has well have girls and boys sleeping in the same tents.

This is my main objection to gays being let into the military. These folks have to bath and sleep together. Sexual distractions on the battle field should not be embraced.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:38
    The Boy Scouts teach children how to use fire arms.

Is this a bad thing in your estimation?
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:56

Well done pervs.
    Shockingly enough, minors sometimes have sex. Making available something that helps prevent teen pregnancies and the spread of STDs seems a logical and prudent decision for the organizers.

Of course, this "American institution" was a copy of the Boy Scout Association started in Britain in 1908. And the World Scout Jamboree isn't an "American" event, it is expected to have 50,000 Scouts from 160 countries. https://wsj2019.us/
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    22 May '18 13:572 edits
    One of the major reasons the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are separated was for children to focus on things OTHER than sexually related issues. You know, like wilderness survival and hiking and leadership, etc.

However, with the addition of gays that all changes. You may has well have girls and boys sleeping in the same tents.

This is my main objection ...[text shortened]... have to bath and sleep together. Sexual distractions on the battle field should not be embraced.
    Your main objection to gays doing anything is a silly book of superstitious nonsense.

Something you probably didn't know about the World Scout Jamboree and worldwide scouting:

because not only will there be girls at the 2019 WSJ, they will make up about half of all participants attending!
    In recent years, more girls than boys have joined Scouting globally. If you are curious about how co-ed Scouting works, you have to see how the rest of the world does it. Of the 169 members of the World Organization of the Scouting Movement (WOSM), only fourteen countries have specifically boys-only Scouting. So that means that our co-hosts, Canada and Mexico, will be bringing tons of young women to the 2019 WSJ. Not to mention, almost every other nation across the globe will be joining them!

https://wsj2019.us/2018/04/16/women-at-the-world-scout-jamboree/
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 May '18 14:22

This is my main objection ...[text shortened]... have to bath and sleep together. Sexual distractions on the battle field should not be embraced.
    Really?
    What bloody century do you come from?
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 May '18 15:15

Well done pervs.
    Maybe Woodstock would be preferable to a Boy Scouts event.

It has a more significant place in history.

Just saying. 🙂
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:28
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Shockingly enough, minors sometimes have sex. Making available something that helps prevent teen pregnancies and the spread of STDs seems a logical and prudent decision for the organizers.

Of course, this "American institution" was a copy of the Boy Scout Association started in Britain in 1908. And the World Scout Jamboree isn't an "American" event, it is expected to have 50,000 Scouts from 160 countries. https://wsj2019.us/
    So for the record, you have no problem with minors having sex?

Should they just be told where the rubbers are or should they be told that having sex is OK and then told where the rubbers are or should they be told to abstain from having sex and then told where the rubbers are?

Also, should they do away with this?

Boy Scout Oath or Promise

On my honor, I will do my best
    To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
    To help other people at all times;
    To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

Should God and morality be taken out of the scout oath?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:29
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Maybe Woodstock would be preferable to a Boy Scouts event.

It has a more significant place in history.

Just saying. 🙂
    At least they had better music.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:29

I was in the Scouts when I was a kid. When we weren't tying knots or sailing boats we were, like, super totally focused on "sexually related issues." Just like we were always razor-sharply focused on "sexually related issues" at school, or when meeting people elsewhere.

Idiot.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '18 16:36
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I was in the Scouts when I was a kid. When we weren't tying knots or sailing boats we were, like, super totally focused on "sexually related issues." Just like we were always razor-sharply focused on "sexually related issues" at school, or when meeting people elsewhere.

Idiot.
    Really. How so?
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 May '18 17:20
    So for the record, you have no problem with minors having sex?

Should they just be told where the rubbers are or should they be told that having sex is OK and then told where the rubbers are or should they be told to abstain from having sex and then told where the rubbers are?

Also, should they do away with this?

Boy Scout Oath or Promise

On my h ...[text shortened]... mentally awake and morally straight.

Should God and morality be taken out of the scout oath?
    What is the oath worth if God doesn't exist ? 😲

Don't be offended. It's just a question. 😛