Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 17 Nov '13 22:53
    What would it take to impeach a president these days?

It used to be that merely stealing information in Watergate would suffice, but today we have a president that steals information from us all on our phones and on our computers etc. Of course, this is all for our safety, so this is OK.

So now that the criteria has changed, what would it take now or is he or she untouchable?
  2. 18 Nov '13 00:40
    Looks like the Obaminator can do anything he wants and not worry
  3. 18 Nov '13 00:48
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Looks like the Obaminator can do anything he wants and not worry
    To be fair, it's just not him.

I find it amazing what a "good old boys" club the federal government has become. It matters little how corrupt Washington becomes, they all just continue on.

Even during Nixon's era, he did not face jail time despite obvious law violations. Today, they are not even forced to resign.
  4. 18 Nov '13 02:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    To be fair, it's just not him.

I find it amazing what a "good old boys" club the federal government has become. It matters little how corrupt Washington becomes, they all just continue on.

Even during Nixon's era, he did not face jail time despite obvious law violations. Today, they are not even forced to resign.
    Well....Nixon had to resign because impeachment was coming his way, and Clinton went through the impeachment process but slithered off the hook, whereas Obama hasn't got a care in the world no matter what he does.
  5. 18 Nov '13 03:17
    Well....Nixon had to resign because impeachment was coming his way, and Clinton went through the impeachment process but slithered off the hook, whereas Obama hasn't got a care in the world no matter what he does.
    Well Clinton is like Eric Holder. Sure, the process began but will never come of anything.
  6. 18 Nov '13 11:24
    Well Clinton is like Eric Holder. Sure, the process began but will never come of anything.
    Oh jeez Eric "my people" Holder, don't get me started, there's another one that should be removed from office.
  7. 18 Nov '13 12:15
    Oh jeez Eric "my people" Holder, don't get me started, there's another one that should be removed from office.
    That is a pipe dream. None of these people will be held accountable for anything. That is the understanding in Washington. That's how they "get things done" in DC, because they have no fear of ever being accountable for anything.

It reminds me of the attitude the Nazis had. They knew that they would either be declared the greatest statesmen of all time, or hang. LOL.
  8. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    18 Nov '13 18:42

It used to be that merely stealing information in Watergate would suffice, but today we have a president that steals information from us all on our phones and on our computers etc. Of course, this is all for our safety, so this is OK.

So now that the criteria has changed, what would it take now or is he or she untouchable?
    Nixon was humble enough to resign. But Obama is not a humble person.
  9. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    18 Nov '13 19:26
    Is the president like the Pope where he doesn't sin?
  10. 18 Nov '13 20:37

What it would take is a president that does not do what his puppet masters want him to.
  11. 19 Nov '13 02:02

"What would it take to impeach a president these days?"

Principled people in Congress. Guess it's not going to happen.
  12. 19 Nov '13 02:05
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Nixon was humble enough to resign. But Obama is not a humble person.
    Not really. Nixon saw the writing on the wall. He had no choice.

Really it was a cowards way out.
  13. 19 Nov '13 02:06
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "What would it take to impeach a president these days?"

Principled people in Congress. Guess it's not going to happen.
    Again, it's not just Obama. I dare say once you reach the federal level you are as close to being untouchable as anyone on the face of the planet.
  14. 19 Nov '13 02:15
    Again, it's not just Obama. I dare say once you reach the federal level you are as close to being untouchable as anyone on the face of the planet.
    You can't even touch the criminals in the House.
  15. 19 Nov '13 02:19
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You can't even touch the criminals in the House.
    They should all wear white wigs and powder their faces.