Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    04 Nov '13 18:47
    Barely a year into his second term, Obama has lied to the American public on Obamacare, on Benghazi, has used the IRS to make life difficult for his political opponents (Americans whom he calls "enemies", has doubled the national debt, has spied on Americans (thank you once again, Mr. Snowden, for your great service to this country), and countless other overreaches and incompetences that his aides have fantastically claimed he was unaware of.

His presidency is, for all intents and purposes, over. New polls (by Mother Jones, no less) indicate Democratic incumbents are in serious trouble next year.

So what do we do with Obama? A weak, ineffective president for three years is no good for the country. Yet that's exactly what he has made himself into. We'll survive, but we won't grow. Jobs won't be created, the economy won't be fixed.

What can we do? A recall election?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    04 Nov '13 18:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Barely a year into his second term, Obama has lied to the American public on Obamacare, on Benghazi, has used the IRS to make life difficult for his political opponents (Americans whom he calls "enemies", has doubled the national debt, has spied on Americans (thank you once again, Mr. Snowden, for your great service to this country), and countless othe ...[text shortened]... ow. Jobs won't be created, the economy won't be fixed.

You're scared of what's going to happen when the Dems have Congress aren't you?
  3. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    04 Nov '13 20:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You're scared of what's going to happen when the Dems have Congress aren't you?
    My friend, I'm scared what's going to happen when the Republicans have Congress. They'll go after him. Obama would do very well to start governing in a bipartisan manner right now. If the Republicans win the Senate, the House will produce articles of impeachment within days.
  4. 04 Nov '13 23:07
    Barely a year into his second term, Obama has lied to the American public on Obamacare, on Benghazi, has used the IRS to make life difficult for his political opponents (Americans whom he calls "enemies", has doubled the national debt, has spied on Americans (thank you once again, Mr. Snowden, for your great service to this country), and countless othe ...[text shortened]... ow. Jobs won't be created, the economy won't be fixed.

I don't remember where I heard the term "fog of scandal". That is where we are, there are so many scandals, you don't know where to start. For all of it, even if Republicans are successful in 2014 beyond all expectations, there will not be an impeachment.
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    04 Nov '13 23:11
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I don't remember where I heard the term "fog of scandal". That is where we are, there are so many scandals, you don't know where to start. For all of it, even if Republicans are successful in 2014 beyond all expectations, there will not be an impeachment.
    If Obama were to wear a clown mask, I wonder if clowns would be offended.
  6. 04 Nov '13 23:19
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    If Obama were to wear a clown mask, I wonder if clowns would be offended.
    He has successfully employed I'm black (racist) defense, the I tried hard defense, and the Schutz defense, I know nothing.

Too many Republicans live in fear of the accusation of racism, the takeaway of the goodies, or that Obama is unjustly blamed for what he's done.
  7. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    04 Nov '13 23:33

Hi- I don't want to get too far off your anti Obama track, but was wondering, your chess rating has gone rapidly back and fourth from 590 to 1210. It's normal to have some changes over time, but yours is a bit radical. What's with that?
  8. 04 Nov '13 23:35
    What's to done with him?
    Send him back to Kenya where he belongs.
  9. 04 Nov '13 23:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Hi- I don't want to get too far off your anti Obama track, but was wondering, your chess rating has gone rapidly back and fourth from 590 to 1210. It's normal to have some changes over time, but yours is a bit radical. What's with that?
    You have ONE game in progress but have not moved in 708 DAYS !
    It seems you may have a bit of a unbalanced personality. Some may say,even radical.
    Whats with that ?
  10. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Nov '13 00:08
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    You have ONE game in progress but have not moved in [b]708 DAYS !
    It seems you may have a bit of a unbalanced personality. Some may say,even radical.
    Whats with that ?[/b]
    Uther- No need for personal attacks. I've been out of the chess scene for awhile. Just asking a chess question. I hope that's OK.
  11. 05 Nov '13 00:16
    Uther- No need for personal attacks. I've been out of the chess scene for awhile. Just asking a chess question. I hope that's OK.
    Pardon me my old friend bill718. A "personal attack" was not my intention. I am mearly asking a chess question.
    That being said, why have you made your opponent wait 708 days for your first move ?
  12. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    05 Nov '13 00:31
    I get slammed with work, don't play, forfeit lots of games in a row, and then I start playing again, tons and tons of awesome checkmates in a row, then I get slammed with work, don't play, forfeit lots of games...
  13. 05 Nov '13 01:51
    Originally posted by normbenign
    You are correct. Why did the Dems say nothing of the Bush family making money on Nazi deathcamp labor and why did the GOP say nothing of the Clinton prison blood scandal? Thats right, they are all dirty.
  14. 05 Nov '13 03:07
    My friend, I'm scared what's going to happen when the Republicans have Congress. They'll go after him. Obama would do very well to start governing in a bipartisan manner right now. If the Republicans win the Senate, the House will produce articles of impeachment within days.
    They will not go after him. They may appear to be at odds, but it is all for show.

The system is beyond reform and will only get worse.
  15. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Nov '13 09:10
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Pardon me my old friend bill718. A "personal attack" was not my intention. I am mearly asking a chess question.
    That being said, why have you made your opponent wait 708 days for your first move ?
    I don't recall "making" my opponent do anything. I didn't know this game was in progress until you said so. I've now closed it out.