Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 14:331 edit
    http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-stole-white-house-furniture/

The Clintons have been accused of stealing some $200,000 of items from the White House when Bill Clinton left office. That was later debunked by Snopes.com which showed they only stole $50,000 worth of government property.

And that is OK?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 14:52
    Yikes, that's pretty bad! Better vote someone in office who wants to abolish freedom of speech and due process, torture suspects, execute civilians, etc. etc.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 15:46
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yikes, that's pretty bad! Better vote someone in office who wants to abolish freedom of speech and due process, torture suspects, execute civilians, etc. etc.
    How is that relevant to the OP???
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 15:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    ....and paid off attorneys to drop charges against his fraudulent universities, used hundreds of undocumented workers to pay them almost nothing, bragged about sexual assault, etc., etc.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 15:57
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    The thread title is "where we are as a nation". This is relevant, because Whodey would refuses to attack a FAR worse option for president, to obediently push the conservative agenda. So "where we are as a nation" is at extreme, blind partisan hypocrisy.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:182 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    The thread title is "where we are as a nation". This is relevant, because Whodey would refuses to attack a FAR worse option for president, to obediently push the conservative agenda. So "where we are as a nation" is at extreme, blind partisan hypocrisy.
    You don't think the Clinton presidential aim is to preserve the status quo? Just how is that not a conservative agenda? It appears to me that it is the Republican candidate that is campaigning for reform.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:21
    How does putting down both candidates negate the spirit of the original post?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:222 edits
    So you are voting Hillary?

I've attacked Trump on more than one occasion. As for whether he would be "worser", that remains to be seen.

I still contend that Trump was there to only beat Cruz and then throw the election. Either way, Trump has no way of winning so he is a non-issue.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:26
    where are you as a nation? It appears to me that there is a kind of elites civil war going on at the moment, with Clinton and the deep state against the FBI.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:28
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Whodey's OP is like someone opening an RHP thread titled "where we are at as a nation" in 1933 Germany, complaining about von Hindenburg's bratwurst recipe.

Having said that, if the Clintons did steal White House furniture I think they should be sanctioned for it, and if von Hindenburg's bratwurst recipe was inadequate I think it should not be used during bratwurst preparation.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:291 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    where are you as a nation? It appears to me that there is a kind of elites civil war going on at the moment, with Clinton and the deep state against the FBI.
    I think it is all for show.

Nothing will happen to her.

As long as they continue to sling poo at each other there is at least the illusion of some checks and balances
  12. Germany
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you are voting Hillary?

I've attacked Trump on more than one occasion. As for whether he would be "worser", that remains to be seen.

I still contend that Trump was there to only beat Cruz and then throw the election. Either way, Trump has no way of winning so he is a non-issue.
    Don't be coy whodey, you know very well that Trump has a realistic chance of becoming the next president, and you will be voting for him.

For your sake I hope that on the Berlusconi to Mussolini scale, Trump will be closer to Berlusconi than to Mussolini - before he gets impeached, that is. For what it's worth I think that he probably would be more of a Berlusconi, but maybe that is just the optimist in me speaking.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think it is all for show.

Nothing will happen to her.

As long as they continue to sling poo at each other there is at least the illusion of some checks and balances
    gee I dunno,

A mostly dormant Twitter account operated by the FBI has in recent days released files about Donald Trump's father and records from a 15-year-old investigation into the Clinton Foundation that was closed in 2005.

The account, which is verified and tweets as "FBI Records Vault," drew attention after sharing files around noon Tuesday related to former President Bill Clinton's 2001 presidential pardon of hedge fund manager Marc Rich on his last day in office.

Hillary Clinton's campaign and other observers questioned whether it was appropriate for the FBI to begin releasing documents related to Bill Clinton one week before the presidential election.

Some called it a "November surprise" and said it suggested further evidence of FBI meddling, especially given the bureau's surprise announcement on Friday that it would examine more documents related to the Hillary Clinton email investigation that had been closed in July.

"Absent a FOIA" — Freedom of Information Act — "litigation deadline, this is odd," Clinton campaign press secretary Brian Fallon wrote on Twitter on Tuesday. "Will FBI be posting docs on Trump's housing discrimination in '70s?"

Two days earlier, the account shared documents related to Fred Trump, Donald Trump's father, calling him "a real estate developer and philanthropist." That release was also condemned by some political observers who felt it unfairly omitted information about allegations of racial bias that plagued Trump's real-estate company in the 1970s.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/fbi-twitter-account-trump-clinton-2016-11?r=US&IR=T
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 16:441 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You don't think the Clinton presidential aim is to preserve the status quo? Just how is that not a conservative agenda? It appears to me that it is the Republican candidate that is campaigning for reform.
    If Republicans were really concerned about changing the status quo, and wanted a "tell it like is" candidate, they would've nominated Ron Paul. Instead, they chose a run-of-the-mill conservative.

Trump promises more of the same conservative talking points, just with less pretense.

Lastly, how is electing the first woman president after electing the first black president, "preserving" the status quo?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '16 17:082 edits
    If Republicans were really concerned about changing the status quo, and wanted a "tell it like is" candidate, they would've nominated Ron Paul. Instead, they chose a run-of-the-mill conservative.

Trump promises more of the same conservative talking points, just with less pretense.

Lastly, how is electing the first woman president after electing the first black president, "preserving" the status quo?
    The GOP is a group of whiney spineless bureaucrats that have helped raise the national debt to $20 trillion, kept open borders, kept wars abroad raging, kept government expanding and have done nothing for the conservative agenda.

It is then no wonder why they then picked Trump.

Again, the reason I did not bring this up is because they don't really matter. They are now a nonentity.