Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 31 Oct '09 05:42 / 1 edit
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-guests31-2009oct31,0,4417526.story

White House releases guests' names, and a caution

Some of the visitors share names with controversial figures; an administration official says it's just a coincidence that a Jeremiah Wright came to visit.

By Christi Parsons

October 31, 2009

Reporting from Washington - President Obama on Friday released a list of people who have visited the White House recently, and some of the most controversial names from his past are among them. But only the names.

Although a Jeremiah Wright did drop by, it wasn't that Jeremiah Wright -- just a guest who happened to have the same name as the president's controversial former pastor.

Same for William Ayers, a White House guest who was, according to the administration, not the former radical who caused such trouble for his friend and neighbor during the campaign.

That's the cautionary tale that accompanies the first release of the White House visitors' log -- at least as one of the president's lawyers presents it.

2. 31 Oct '09 05:42
    yeah, right.
  3. 31 Oct '09 14:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-guests31-2009oct31,0,4417526.story

White House releases guests' names, and a caution

Some of the visitors share names with controversial figures; an administration official says it's just a coincidence that a Jeremiah Wright came to visit.

By Christi Parsons

October 31, 2009

Reportin ite House visitors' log -- at least as one of the president's lawyers presents it.

Jeremiah Wright and William Ayres are secretly working with Obama to produce a law that will make it legal for old hippies to blow up anything that a panel of angry ministers denounces.

This legislation, if passed, would mean that.....what's that? -- the legislation would have to be PASSED?....you mean our buddy Obama can't just issue a royal command?....what kind of $%^&* country is this?....stupid democratic system, takes all the fun out everything!!!
  4. 31 Oct '09 14:35
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Jeremiah Wright and William Ayres are secretly working with Obama to produce a law that will make it legal for old hippies to blow up anything that a panel of angry ministers denounces.

This legislation, if passed, would mean that.....what's that? -- the legislation would have to be PASSED?....you mean our buddy Obama can't just issue a royal command? ...[text shortened]... ind of $%^&* country is this?....stupid democratic system, takes all the fun out everything!!!
    I hear Obama is planning to put a 500% tax on tin foil hats...
  5. 31 Oct '09 15:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes

This legislation, if passed, would mean that.....what's that? -- the legislation would have to be PASSED?....you mean our buddy Obama can't just issue a royal command? ...[text shortened]... ind of $%^&* country is this?....stupid democratic system, takes all the fun out everything!!!
    I really do not see the humor.
    Just some guy in the neighborhood, eh?

President Obama has had unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers twice at the White House. Throughout the campaign, Candidate Barack Obama mocked those who said the two were connected. Ayers was just some guy from the neighborhood.

Liar.

Ayers, who trampled an American flag to peddle his book, was a White House guest twice. Republican leaders once. I guess by bipartisan, Obama means the Democratic and Communist Parties.

Let’s see, who else. George Soros four times. Andrew Stern, president of SEIU (ACORN’s union partner) 22 times. Denzel Washington twice. Serena Williams three times. Venus Williams zero times. Hmm. Jeremiah Wright once.

And Malik Shabazz once.

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/2768
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    31 Oct '09 16:02
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I really do not see the humor.
    I believe you when you say you don't.

And believe me. I am a European. I know.

You, utherpendragon, remind me of a boggle eyed communist.

Same difference. To argue the difference is - in terms of psychiatry or psychology - splitting hairs.

It's a condition. I reckon. We Europeans have seen it even more than you Americans have.

Chavez is Hitler. Obama is Stalin. Yeah yeah yeah.
  7. 31 Oct '09 16:04 / 1 edit
    I guess kaztnagorra was wearing his tinfoil hat when he wrote his entry. It is unseemly and a slap in the face of the American electorate to have a racist like Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Ayers as guests, an anti-American like Soros. Common thread uberleftists one and all. These do as I say not as I do lefties really laugh all the way to the bank. Ayers, a resident of Chicago's nicer neighborhoods is a Castro-like example of hypocrisy, Castro being wealthier than the queen of England. Let them eat cake, I guess, is their innermost favorite line!
    Obamnation is the whiner in chief and an elitist of the worst kind. Gee, I wonder how much arugula costs these days for WH functions?
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    31 Oct '09 16:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I guess kaztnagorra was wearing his tinfoil hat when he wrote his entry. It is unseemly and a slap in the face of the American electorate to have a racist like Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Ayers as guests, an anti-American like Soros. Common thread uberleftists one and all. These do as I say not as I do lefties really laugh all the way to th an elitist of the worst kind. Gee, I wonder how much arugula costs these days for WH functions?
  9. 31 Oct '09 16:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I believe you when you say you don't.

And believe me. I am a European. I know.

You, utherpendragon, remind me of a boggle eyed communist.

Same difference. To argue the difference is - in terms of psychiatry or psychology - splitting hairs.

It's a condition. I reckon. We Europeans have seen it even more than you Americans have.

Chavez is Hitler. Obama is Stalin. Yeah yeah yeah.
    I know you are European! It is obvious by your oblivious opinions concerning the greatest nation in the history of the world.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    31 Oct '09 16:34
    I know you are European! It is obvious by your oblivious opinions concerning the greatest nation in the history of the world.
    Well, that's nice for you. But my point was, we Europeans know the dangers of authoritarianism better than you Americans do. Historically literate and politically literate Europeans are not stuck in a sports fan/comic book world.
  11. 31 Oct '09 16:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, that's nice for you. But my point was, we Europeans know the dangers of authoritarianism better than you Americans do. Historically literate and politically literate Europeans are not stuck in a sports fan/comic book world.
    we Europeans know the dangers of authoritarianism better than you Americans do.

Really? How and why was the u.s. founded? We are to aware of the dangers and are reminded of it every so often when we have go to Europe to clean up your messes and save your behinds!
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    31 Oct '09 16:52
    How and why was the u.s. founded?
    I know all about that. 250 years ago. So interesting, m'kay. Compared to Germany, Russia, Poland, Yugoslavia, Britain et al - you lost very few in the struggles for democracy in Europe. Goodness me, in the global frame, even Indonesia lost more people in WW2 than America! Your credentials for lecturing are not as convincing as you think.
  13. 31 Oct '09 16:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know all about that. 250 years ago. So interesting, m'kay. Compared to Germany, Russia, Poland, Yugoslavia, Britain et al - you lost very few in the struggles for democracy in Europe. Goodness me, in the global frame, even Indonesia lost more people in WW2 than America! Your credentials for lecturing are not as convincing as you think.
    are you purposely sounding ignorant or are you for real? Tell me,why did Indonesia loose so many "people"?
    Also, how many Russian souls have been lost in struggling for democracy in europe?
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    31 Oct '09 17:04 / 1 edit
    are you purposely sounding ignorant or are you for real? Tell me,why did Indonesia loose so many "people"?
    Also, how many Russian souls have been lost in struggling for democracy in europe?
    All I am saying is that Americans with the comic book version of history that you peddle seem to seriously overestimate your contribution to democracy in Europe or elsewhere. It was established with European blood, and rather less American blood than you would have us believe. Meanwhile your colonial & neo-colonial killing sprees and support for murderous dictators the world over, for decades and decades, give all educated people pause for thought.
  15. 31 Oct '09 17:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    All I am saying is that Americans with the comic book version of history that you peddle seem to seriously overestimate your contribution to democracy in Europe or elsewhere. It was established with European bllod, and rather less American blood than you would have us believe.
    Retreating now? address the questions I ask concerning your statements.