Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 08 Aug '10 00:40 / 1 edit
    On the Conservative side I have to give to SH76

On the Liberal side I'm kind of torn. I would give it to no1 hands down but he completely ruins it by resorting to ad hominems and insults when he feels cornered.

Going back to Conservatives - zeeblebot makes weak arguments he relies too much on talking points (sorry bro), but he's the king of Google. Even when you brush aside his right-wing blogs he actually comes up with some pretty surprising material from the net.

Like sh76, AThousandYoung strikes me as an even tempered voice on issues.

No doubt those on the right and left will largely consider their opposition as "crappy debaters" But give credit where credit is due, who challenges you? Who do you like on your side?
  2. 08 Aug '10 01:06
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

On the Liberal side I'm kind of torn. I would give it to no1 hands down but he completely ruins it by resorting to ad hominems and insults when he feels cornered.

Going back to Conservatives - zeeblebot makes weak arguments he relies too much on talking points (sorry bro), but he's the king of ...[text shortened]... ters" But give credit where credit is due, who challenges you? Who do you like on your side?
    FMF, his vocabulary is unbeatable,, but he does lean a bit to the left,,
  3. 08 Aug '10 01:12

Going back to Conservatives - zeeblebot makes weak arguments he relies too much on talking points (sorry bro), but he's the king of ...[text shortened]... ters" But give credit where credit is due, who challenges you? Who do you like on your side?
    So what you are saying is that Whodey is the best debator?
  4. 08 Aug '10 01:13
    No, he is saying that Whodey is the Master Debater.

***Someone had to say it***
  5. 08 Aug '10 02:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No, he is saying that Whodey is the Master Debater.

***Someone had to say it***
    How did you know I was blind?
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Aug '10 03:03

Well, thank you very much.

I'm always a little wary about making lists of whom I consider good debaters, since I'll invariably leave someone out who deserves to be on the list. Suffice it to say, I think that there are many really good debaters here from all regions of the political spectrum. I'll wait for Flaming Tomato award time to get more specific.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    08 Aug '10 04:58
    Wow. I've felt anything but even tempered lately. Thanks for the props!
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    08 Aug '10 05:39
    No doubt those on the right and left will largely consider their opposition as "crappy debaters" But give credit where credit is due, who challenges you? Who do you like on your side?
    sh76, Melanerpes, Teinosuke, KazetNagorra, twhitehead, bbar, DrKF, Sleepyguy, AThousandYoung, no1marauder, newcomers IshDaGegg and avalanchethecat seem promising, USArmyParatrooper, finnegan, telerion, spruce112358, PsychoPawn, Palynka, normbenign, kmax87, Proper Knob (doesn't post enough), and others. Numerous others. And in general I think the 'right' is poorly represented here at RHP despite probably outnumbering the 'left'.
  9. 08 Aug '10 07:59
    I'm not sure. How do you define "good debating"?
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    08 Aug '10 08:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'm not sure. How do you define "good debating"?
    It's like good sex - you know it was "good" when it was good.
  11. 08 Aug '10 08:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's like good sex - you know it was "good" when it was good.
    Good one.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    08 Aug '10 08:28
    Good one.
    How was this exchange for you? It was good for me. Was it good for you?
  13. 08 Aug '10 08:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    How was this exchange for you? It was good for me. Was it good for you?
    I'm not a smoker, but I'll take a cigarette now.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    08 Aug '10 08:35
    I'm not a smoker, but I'll take a cigarette now.
    Have a drag on mine.

I've been meaning to ask you: do Dutch people lie back and think of England too? Or do you think of The Netherlands?
  15. 08 Aug '10 08:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have a drag on mine.

I've been meaning to ask you: do Dutch people lie back and think of England too? Or do you think of The Netherlands?
    I'm not sure I get what you mean.