Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 20:30
    Just taking a poll, which political party in the US is benefiting the most from the organized caravans attempting to cross the border?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 20:42
    The Republicans' successful strategy in the 2016 election was to appeal to fear of immigrants. Clearly, they are doubling down on that strategy, and I think it is an effective one.

Of course, that most illegal immigrants who come to the U.S. do so by overstaying or illegally using visas (one of them the president's wife) hardly matters.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 20:43
    Increase of any minorities, races, religions or nationalities not consisting of white Christians seems bad for Republicans.

Wonder why.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 23:22
    @vivify

Democrats were told to spend as little time as possible on discussing border security and immigration.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-15/democrats-told-spend-little-time-possible-campaigning-open-border-immigration

I wonder why.
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 02:57
    The caravan is benefiting us, yet it has been largely funded by NGOs and persons that are for a Left wing cause. It makes me wonder... why would they fund something like this close to the mid-terms when it seems clear that it won't benefit us?

Well, I have also heard it said that it benefits the GOP until it doesn't. Its value is largely dependent on whether or not Pres. Trump properly responds to it. That seems to be the case so far, and honestly, a very proper response could further affect the midterms negatively for the left.

I am thinking this might not necessarily be a political play alone.

It's just everyone who wanted to come but did not come during the hot summer months making a play for it.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 03:32
    @whodey said
    Just taking a poll, which political party in the US is benefiting the most from the organized caravans attempting to cross the border?
    The Republicans of course.
    Even you can work that one out.

Perhaps Trump is organising them?
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 03:401 edit
    @whodey said
    @vivify

Democrats were told to spend as little time as possible on discussing border security and immigration.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-15/democrats-told-spend-little-time-possible-campaigning-open-border-immigration

I wonder why.
    Why would you "wonder why" when the article clearly states the reasons? That reason, according to what's cited in your own article, is that Republicans use "overblown" and misleading statements about immigration to feed their base. Because of that, rather than get into screaming matches on immigration, the memo encourages—and I quote—"more fruitful" use of their time.

Why is that conservatives on this site are so easily refuted...just by quoting their own sources?