1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 02:561 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    I have asked No1 what he truly is searching for, many times. I wish he would forget all of our questions, and tell us, what would be his perfect world. May I stipulate that I have More Than 3 houses,, and I have More Than 3 Cars.
    So given that, Marauder, can you please tell us the way life should be coming down on everyone abut now?
    I'm not interested in your pretend possessions.

The rhetorical question in the title of the thread was in response to your inability to grasp the concept that land and natural resources could be unowned. That needs to be established before we get to how land titles came into existence and then whether that method was morally justifiable.

Right wingers here seem unable to get past Step 1 unless it is to espouse justifications which are clearly morally unacceptable i.e. the "strong" can take what they wish.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 04:40
    https://genius.com/John-steinbeck-chapter-5-the-grapes-of-wrath-annotated
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 04:59
    @mott-the-hoople said
    who lives on mars?
    Irrelevant. Capitalists own property all over the place in regions they do not live and the people that live there often don't own property there.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 07:05
    @moonbus said
    By that definition, property is an artefact of complex societies which already implement such concepts as law and enforceable contracts. Ownership of land clearly arises only in the context of settled agrarian societies. Though I suppose one could argue that a farmer is entitled only to the fruit of his labor, namely the crop he tends, not to the ground underneath it. Nomads ...[text shortened]... o hand, but the numbers are very skewed); but as Native American wisdom has it, you can’t eat money.
    Crediting all that as basically true, there is still no reason the Human Race should tie itself into a hierarchical system of private property imposed on the majority long ago. This is even more so as it violates principles of liberty ingrained in our Nature.

We can say, accurately, that large agrarian States almost inevitably were transformed into tyrannical systems of government dominated by a single ruler. This was contrary to the more equalitarian systems typical of prehistoric small bands and tribes I. e. councils and such. Yet, in modern times, it has been rediscovered that systems based on the democratic decisions and consent of the People rather than the whims of a strongman are more in keeping with our nature as well as more stable and prosperous.

In the not too distant future, I believe the same rediscovery will be accepted and the regime of private property will be steadily diminished (a process well underway in most nations).
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 11:30
    @no1marauder said
    Crediting all that as basically true, there is still no reason the Human Race should tie itself into a hierarchical system of private property imposed on the majority long ago. This is even more so as it violates principles of liberty ingrained in our Nature.

We can say, accurately, that large agrarian States almost inevitably were transformed into tyrannical systems o ...[text shortened]... he regime of private property will be steadily diminished (a process well underway in most nations).
    The oldest city foundations yet discovered by archeologists were unwalled. This indicates a time of peace. I do not know whether enough evidence is extant to determine what the status of property was in those societies, or how stratified/hierarchical they were. It would be interesting to find out.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 12:14
    @no1marauder said

The rhetorical question in the title of the thread was in response to your inability to grasp the concept that land and natural resources could be unowned. That needs to be established before we get to how land titles came into existence and then whether that method was morally justifiable.

Right wingers here seem unab ...[text shortened]... use justifications which are clearly morally unacceptable i.e. the "strong" can take what they wish.
    Thankyou, you have zeroed in much better.
    “That land and natural resources could be unowned.”
    I have simply asked you to say this straightforward, and you have. Whew.
    Can you remain on track and, now that we get your idea of Nirvana, or a perfect society, can you tell us how life would be among us all?
    Please, no ‘googleable’ history of land titles. And, whether something is moral is a personal matter. Some on this forum say abortion is moral, I say it is immoral, so morality discussions mean nothing.
    But you can certainly rest your comments on legality. So, if Biden signs a congressional bill today that no one can own land or natural resources (your words), what would life be like?
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    31 Jan '23 12:17
    @no1marauder said
    Only a pathetic POS like yourself is too afraid to defend his own views, immoral and as reprehensible as yours are.
    No1 shows emotion! Welcome indeed🤭
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 02:00
    @no1marauder said

Right wingers here seem unab ...[text shortened]... use justifications which are clearly morally unacceptable i.e. the "strong" can take what they wish.
    “Land and natural resources could unowned?!?!?!?”
    Then you say we can’t get by “step one.” You are not clear Do you mean the part where we should accept the premise that land and resources can be unowned? I’m really trying to follow you, but note that you have not told us how that concept can possibly be implemented .
    You r right. We must get past step 1 first.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 02:05
    @no1marauder said

We can say, accurately, that large agrarian States almost inevitably were transformed into tyrannical systems o ...[text shortened]... he regime of private property will be steadily diminished (a process well underway in most nations).
    Uhhh, which nations are diminishing private property “ well underway “…. Which nations? Cmon don’t duck out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree