Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Dec '11 03:57 / 2 edits
    So here is my platform

I propose that foriegn aid to country's like Solyndra should be stopped and used to pay off the national debt. I would also like to reform the Supreme Court. I think that having 8 justices is a mistake. After all, what if 4 vote for and 4 vote against? There would be no decision. And lastly, in order to save more tax payer dollars, I would close down the.....er......um......one of those departments.......I know lets start with Macy's!!

Now who has my vote?!!

http://2012:talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/rick-perry-comes-out-against-aid-to-solyndra-the-country.php

2. 13 Dec '11 04:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    So here is my platform

I propose that foriegn aid to country's like Solyndra should be stopped and used to pay off the national debt. I would also like to reform the Supreme Court. I think that having 8 justices is a mistake. After all, what if 4 vote for and 4 vote against? There would be no decision. And lastly, in order to save more tax payer do ...[text shortened]... lkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/rick-perry-comes-out-against-aid-to-solyndra-the-country.php

What party do you belong too ?
  3. 13 Dec '11 04:05
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    What party do you belong too ?
    I havn't been invited to any. :'(
  4. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    13 Dec '11 04:05
    So here is my platform

I propose that foriegn aid to country's like Solyndra should be stopped and used to pay off the national debt. I would also like to reform the Supreme Court. I think that having 8 justices is a mistake. After all, what if 4 vote for and 4 vote against? There would be no decision. And lastly, in order to save more tax payer do ...[text shortened]... lkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/rick-perry-comes-out-against-aid-to-solyndra-the-country.php

For once, I actually think something you posted is witty.
  5. 13 Dec '11 04:10
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    The man is a joke. A spade should be called a spade. Why is he even still in the race?
  6. 13 Dec '11 11:46 / 1 edit
    So here is my platform

I propose that foriegn aid to country's like Solyndra should be stopped and used to pay off the national debt. I would also like to reform the Supreme Court. I think that having 8 justices is a mistake. After all, what if 4 vote for and 4 vote against? There would be no decision. And lastly, in order to save more tax payer do lkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/rick-perry-comes-out-against-aid-to-solyndra-the-country.php

will you also cut foreign aid to Israel, if not , why not and will you bring in measures to
    reform the financial system, if so, how and to what extent, thankyou Mr President for
    taking the time.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Dec '11 12:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    will you also cut foreign aid to Israel...
    Problem is, the U.S. supports Israel out of what it sees as a matter of principle and geopolitical interests, both of which whodey agrees with; added to which, the amount of aid to Israel doesn't amount to much - in the context of the sheer size of the deficit.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    13 Dec '11 14:16
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Oh, come on. Give whodey some credit. He may not articulate any coherent political philosophy, but he's witty quite often.

That line about planting paw prints on the gun when that bear in Montana was shot was classic.
  9. 14 Dec '11 01:37
    Originally posted by sh76
    Oh, come on. Give whodey some credit. He may not articulate any coherent political philosophy, but he's witty quite often.

That line about planting paw prints on the gun when that bear in Montana was shot was classic.
    What about my philosophy is not coherent? I would like to see decentralization of power in government and power returned to the people.

That is partly why I started this thread. You have baffoons like "W" and Perry out there waving the conservative sign. Give me a break. People like them are nothing but walking false advertisements. In fact, anyone who could support someone like Al Gore at any point in their political career needs to go!!
  10. 14 Dec '11 01:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Problem is, the U.S. supports Israel out of what it sees as a matter of principle and geopolitical interests, both of which whodey agrees with; added to which, the amount of aid to Israel doesn't amount to much - in the context of the sheer size of the deficit.
    Speaking for Whodey again?

I would like to see the US and the rest of the world stay out of Israels business and cut aid to the region entirely. It's kinda like my position with corporations. You have the government giving them money as well and trying to dictate to them what they should and should not do. It's disgusting.

Of course, for mingling statists this is far too hard a task to put into action.
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    14 Dec '11 03:08
    I would like to see the US and the rest of the world stay out of Israels business and cut aid to the region entirely.
    In the past you have accused people opposing U.S. support and aid to Israel of being motivated by anti-semitism. If you have changed your mind, and no longer think people - who would like to see the US stay out of Israels business and cut the aid it sends - are anti-semitic, it might be a bit more decent of you to say so, or even express some regret for the way you have debated this issue in the past.
  12. 14 Dec '11 11:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the past you have accused people opposing U.S. support and aid to Israel of being motivated by anti-semitism. If you have changed your mind, and no longer think people - who would like to see the US stay out of Israels business and cut the aid it sends - are anti-semitic, it might be a bit more decent of you to say so, or even express some regret for the way you have debated this issue in the past.
    Funny, I don't ever recall saying that not giving financial aid to Israel is anti-semetic.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Dec '11 14:33
    What about my philosophy is not coherent? I would like to see decentralization of power in government and power returned to the people.

That is partly why I started this thread. You have baffoons like "W" and Perry out there waving the conservative sign. Give me a break. People like them are nothing but walking false advertisements. In fact, anyone who could support someone like Al Gore at any point in their political career needs to go!!
    Yes, but what do you mean by decentralization?

Do you want to end social security and Medicare and have the federal government stop doing things like managing airport security, raising an army and regulating drugs?

If so, fine. Say so. But just decrying statism and demanding generic decentralization is not in and of itself a coherent philosophy.
  14. 14 Dec '11 16:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yes, but what do you mean by decentralization?

Do you want to end social security and Medicare and have the federal government stop doing things like managing airport security, raising an army and regulating drugs?

If so, fine. Say so. But just decrying statism and demanding generic decentralization is not in and of itself a coherent philosophy.
    Most people when saying decentralizing have in mind returning to Constitutional federalism, where the specific duties and functions of the Federal government are dictated in writing.

End the alphabet soup of agencies which control almost everything in the US based on the general welfare, or commerce clause. Raising an army among the things you mention is among the actual designated duties of the central government, and managing airport security, especially international airports would seem to fit in.
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Dec '11 17:12
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Most people when saying decentralizing have in mind returning to Constitutional federalism, where the specific duties and functions of the Federal government are dictated in writing.

End the alphabet soup of agencies which control almost everything in the US based on the general welfare, or commerce clause. Raising an army among the things you mention ...[text shortened]... vernment, and managing airport security, especially international airports would seem to fit in.
    Well, good luck unringing the bell.

Specific proposals, like Governor Perry's proposal to close the department of... uh... uh... I forgot, are necessary with this sort of position.

If whodey can explain which specific departments will be shut down and why and who, if anyone, will serve their functions, his philosophy will be decidedly more coherent.