Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Dec '17 18:39
    I must admit, no matter what anyone thinks of you, it must be said that you are not thin-skinned. People seem to rain down insults on you, and take it with stride. Very rarely do you ever insult someone, and that's admirable.
  2. 07 Dec '17 18:43
    Originally posted by @vivify to Whodey
    I must admit, no matter what anyone thinks of you, it must be said that you are not thin-skinned. People seem to rain down insults on you, and take it with stride. Very rarely do you ever insult someone, and that's admirable.
    "*Very rarely* do you [Whodey] ever insult someone ..."
    --Vivify

'Very rarely'? Does Vivify know how to count?
  3. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    07 Dec '17 19:22
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "*Very rarely* do you [Whodey] ever insult someone ..."
    --Vivify

'Very rarely'? Does Vivify know how to count?
    You (D64) on the other hand insult everyone.

Best regards, Wolfie (racist troll with poor reading comprehension)
  4. 07 Dec '17 20:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    You (D64) on the other hand insult everyone.

Best regards, Wolfie (racist troll with poor reading comprehension)
    Wolfgang59 LIES again. There certainly are writers who NEVER have felt 'insulted' by me
    and NEVER have communicated (by PM or public post) that they have felt 'insulted' by me.

And Wolfgang's LIE is IRRELEVANT to Vivify's claim that Whodey 'very rarely' insults anyone.
    Again, Wolfgang59 prefers to hurl insults at me rather than engage with the facts.
  5. 07 Dec '17 20:25
    Wolfgang59 LIES again. There certainly are writers who NEVER have felt 'insulted' by me
    or ever have communicated (by PM or public post) that they felt 'insulted' by me.

And Wolfgang's LIE is IRRELEVANT to Vivify's claim that Whodey 'very rarely' insults anyone.
    How can you possible deny that you regularly insult people? Is your reputation as being this site's most obnoxious and most offensively anti-white and anti-male spokesman not enough? Now you want to be known as a liar too.
  6. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Dec '17 20:30 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    How can you possible deny that you regularly insult people? Is your reputation as being this site's most obnoxious and most offensively anti-white and anti-male spokesman not enough? Now you want to be known as a liar too.
    Duchess has autistic tendencies, which causes her take everything said literally.

Because you said she insults "everyone", she thinks you mean, literally, EVERYONE.

You need to watch how you speak to her. If you say you thought a movie was cool, she will think you mean there was a notable absence of heat where you viewed it.

Her reading lack of reading comprehension can be adorable.
  7. 07 Dec '17 20:35 / 2 edits
    The lying troll Quackquack again shows (at best) his abysmal 'reading comprehension'
    or dishonest distortion of what was written.

I replied only to Wolfgang59's claim, exactly as written.
    "You (D64) on the other hand insult EVERYONE."
    --Wolfgang59

That's an OBVIOUS LIE. It should be well-known enough (though my trolls routinely lie
    about it) that I am on friendly terms with some writers (e.g.Finnegan) and on at least
    apparently cordial terms with many other writers (e.g. Teinosuke). None of these writers
    has ever complained of feeling 'insulted' by me.

Now when I cite evidence (including long quotations in context) to show that Quackquack's
    a rape apologist and a habitual liar about denying that he has a record of rape apologist posts,
    Quackquack may feel 'insulted'. But it's quite fair to cite evidence to point out when and
    how Quackquack's lying, particularly when he hopes that his lying will mislead gullible readers.

"... most offensively anti-white and anti-male"
    --Quackquack

That's quite a compliment in a white male-dominated forum full of virulent racism and sexism.
    I have no more interest in popularity in this forum than Quackquack would have at a NSDAP rally.
  8. 07 Dec '17 20:37
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Duchess has autistic tendencies, which causes her take everything said literally.

Because you said she insults "everyone", she thinks you mean, literally, EVERYONE.

You need to watch how you speak to her. If say you thought a movie was cool, she will think you mean there was a notable absence of heat where you viewed it.
    She doesn't insult everyone is quite the defense.
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Dec '17 20:40
    She doesn't insult everyone is quite the defense.
    I know. It's like how Roy Moore's spokeswoman said there are "non-accusers" as his defense.
  10. 07 Dec '17 20:45
    The lying troll Quackquack again shows (at best) his abysmal 'reading comprehension'
    or dishonest distortion of what was written.

--Wolfgang59

That's an OBVIOUS LIE. It should be well-known enough (though my trolls routinely lie
    about it) ...[text shortened]... I have no more interest in popularity in this forum than Quackquack would have at a NSDAP rally.
    So you are claiming that you only insult almost everyone? Did you borrow this defense from Trump? You and him have a lot in common.
  11. 07 Dec '17 20:47
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I know. It's like how Roy Moore's spokeswoman said there are "non-accusers" as his defense.
    Give her credit -- it should be called the Duchess defense.
  12. 07 Dec '17 20:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify to Quackquack

You need to watch how you speak to her. If you say you thought a movie was cool, she will think you mean there was a notable absence of heat where you viewed it.

Her reading lack of reading comprehension can be adorable.
    Vivify has a long record of writing blatant falsehoods about me, including this recent one.

"Acknowledging that I'm right at anything makes her [Duchess64] seethe with anger."
    --Vivify

FALSE. I have no problem whatsoever with agreeing with most of Vivify's criticisms of the Republican Party.
    Indeed, I have contributed to Vivify's favorite 'Republicans are hypocrites' thread.

"Because you [Quackquack] said she [Duchesss64] insults "everyone" .."
    --Vivify

FALSE. Quackquack did NOT write that; Wolfgang59 wrote that.

"Her reading lack of reading comprehension can be adorable."
    --Vivify

Vivify's usual lack of reading comprehension is just irritating (at best).

"If you say you thought a movie was cool, she [Duchess64] will think you mean there
    was a notable absence of heat where you viewed it."
    --Vivify

That's absurd. I have long understood the meaning of the English idiom 'cool'.
    Some non-native speakers of English might not understand that idiom, but that would not
    mean that they are 'autistic' (or whatever) as the ethnocentric Vivify likes to believe.

Vivify tries an absurdly disingenuous excuse of Wolfgang59's LIE that I allegedly 'insult EVERYONE'.
    IF Wolfgang59 had any concern for factual accuracy (of which he has shown none),
    then he COULD HAVE EASILY written something like 'D64 insults many'.

How would Vivify feel about a white person writing something like this:
    "EVERY black student does poorly in school" rather than
    "MANY black students do poorly in school." ?
    Would Vivify be so quick to agree that the writer did nothing wrong in the first place?
  13. 07 Dec '17 20:54 / 2 edits
    So you are claiming that you only insult almost everyone? Did you borrow this defense from Trump? You and him have a lot in common.
    Quackquack keeps showing his abysmal reading comprehension or lying about what I wrote.
    I ALREADY have written this:

--Wolfgang59

about it) that I am on friendly terms with some writers (e.g.Finnegan) and on at least
    apparently cordial terms with many other writers (e.g. Teinosuke). None of these writers
    has ever complained of feeling 'insulted' by me.

I would add that Sasquatch672, a right-wing white American man, has written that I always have
    been civil toward him (meaning never 'insulted' him) even though he and I hardly ever agree on issues.

As usual, the trolls Quackquack and Vivify like to feed off each other's continuing lies.
  14. Standard member vivify
    rain
    07 Dec '17 21:07
    Give her credit -- it should be called the Duchess defense.
    I once said that men want a "gorgeous sandwich-making nymphomaniac". People of normal intelligence can tell that's a hyperbole. Not Duchess. Instead, she took me literally, and started arguing with me over the existence of sandwich-making nymphos.

Such stupidity is something a late-night comic would mock Trump for.
  15. 07 Dec '17 21:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify to Quackquack
    I once said that men want a "gorgeous sandwich-making nymphomaniac". People of normal intelligence can tell that's a hyperbole. Not Duchess. Instead, she took me literally, and started arguing with me over the existence of sandwich-making nymphos.

Such stupidity is something a late-night comic would mock Trump for.
    "I once said that men want a "gorgeous sandwich-making nymphomaniac".
    People of normal intelligence can tell that's a hyperbole."
    --Vivify

Vivify still fails to comprehend that it's SEXIST hyperbole.
    "Gorgeous sandwich-making nymphomaniac" reflects a SEXIST male fantasy.

"Not Duchess. Instead, she took me literally, and started arguing with me over the
    existence of sandwich-making nymphos."
    --Vivify

FALSE. Vivify misunderstands my objection, which was to the SEXISM in his hyperbole.
    My way to call his attention (which Vivify still fails to grasp) to his sexism was to tackle
    his claimed hyperbole on its own terms, by pointing to the absurdity of his own words.

How would Vivify feel about a white writer using similar hyperbole about black people?
    Would Vivify be as complacent of any implicit racism in that hyperbole?

My point is that men often exchange comments about women with other men, and these
    men don't regard their comments as sexist, but many women would regard them as sexist.
    And I would submit that men alone are not the final authority on determining what's sexist.