Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81736
    15 Dec '17 02:19
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Funny how you think men raping women isn't a big enough problem to talk about on its own.
    why not both equality?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10111
    15 Dec '17 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And overcoming this kind of naysaying is part of the long way we still have to go.
    I must say, sexual assault against men is not viewed as bad as against women.

    For example, if a teen boy has a fling with his teacher, he may celebrate with his peeps for his score.

    However, if a teen girl has a fling with her teacher, then it is viewed entirely differently.

    Interesting.

    So maybe part of the answer is the issue of assaulting the weaker sex.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81736
    15 Dec '17 02:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If men were raped with the frequency that women are raped, it would have ended long, long, [b]long ago.

    All this argument does is minimize what is mainly a crime against women.[/b]
    me me me
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12477
    15 Dec '17 03:26
    Originally posted by @vivify
    What about gluttony? Sloth? Pride? Drug use? Suicide?

    The bible days whoever attacks his wife attacks his own body.
    Perhaps from your point of view but not Paul's. Too bad you are so ignorant of the Bible you missed the reference.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    11617
    15 Dec '17 10:311 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Perhaps from your point of view but not Paul's. Too bad you are so ignorant of the Bible you missed the reference.
    Is biblical knowledge a requirement of the Debates Forum?


    “Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. (Ezekiel 16:49)

    Appears being overfed, 'gluttonous' was viewed as sinful, and struggle to see why you would view such a sin as being 'not' against a person's own body.
  6. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89241
    15 Dec '17 11:10
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Sexual sins are the only sins where a man sins against his own body.
    What about your gluttony problem?
  7. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89241
    15 Dec '17 11:19
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Too bad you are so ignorant of the Bible you missed the reference.
    Actually it’s too bad you are...

    Deut 21:20
    They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.”

    Proverbs 23:2
    ...and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony.

    Proverbs 23:20-21
    Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags

    And before you start bleating and demanding NT scripture...

    Philipians 3:19
    Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.

    Titus 1:12
    One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12477
    15 Dec '17 11:232 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Actually it’s too bad you are...

    Deut 21:20
    They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.”

    Proverbs 23:2
    ...and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony.

    Proverbs 23:20-21
    Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, fo ...[text shortened]...
    One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.
    1 Corinthians 6:18English Standard Version (ESV)

    18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin[a] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.


    Good luck convincing God of your Christianity when you see him within the next 10 years or so.
  9. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89241
    15 Dec '17 12:03
    Originally posted by @eladar
    1 Corinthians 6:18English Standard Version (ESV)

    18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin[a] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.


    Good luck convincing God of your Christianity when you see him within the next 10 years or so.
    What sexual sin of mine are you talking about?

    I thinking you’re just lashing out in revenge because you are known glutton.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12477
    15 Dec '17 12:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What sexual sin of mine are you talking about?

    I thinking you’re just lashing out in revenge because you are known glutton.
    You claim Paul is wrong with quotes from the Bible to support your position.

    It is your disagreement with God that I am pointing out. If you disagree with God's prophet you disagee with God.

    Good luck convincing God he is wrong and escaping hell.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    32159
    15 Dec '17 12:45
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Funny how you think only males are guilty of rape.
    I'm not convinced by this women raping men business; without getting too graphic, if a man isn't a willing participant then it kind of doesn't work, does it? Women seduce, but that's different...
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12477
    15 Dec '17 12:54
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    I'm not convinced by this women raping men business; without getting too graphic, if a man isn't a willing participant then it kind of doesn't work, does it? Women seduce, but that's different...
    So if women are sexually arroused it isn't rape?
  13. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89241
    15 Dec '17 13:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You claim Paul is wrong with quotes from the Bible to support your position.

    It is your disagreement with God that I am pointing out. If you disagree with God's prophet you disagee with God.

    Good luck convincing God he is wrong and escaping hell.
    What sexual sin of mine are you talking about, clearly you are just making stuff up to deflect from you own sin of gluttony.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12477
    15 Dec '17 13:57
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What sexual sin of mine are you talking about, clearly you are just making stuff up to deflect from you own sin of gluttony.
    Good luck.
  15. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89241
    15 Dec '17 14:21
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Good luck.
    Clearly you were just bullshltting.
Back to Top