Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 26 Nov '14 23:41 / 1 edit
    In an extensive interview with Ebony, the star wondered why there wasn’t more discussion about why Michael Brown exhibited the behavior he did in the convenience store, which Williams described as “bullyish.”

“It looked very bullyish; that in itself I had a problem with,” Williams said, referring to released surveillance video that allegedly shows Brown forcefully stealing cigarillos from a store shortly before he was fatally shot by Officer Darren Wilson. “Not with the kid, but with whatever happened in his life for him to arrive at a place where that behavior is OK. Why aren’t we talking about that?”

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/11/pharrell_williams_why_aren_t_we_talking_about_michael_brown_s_bully_behavior.html

I happen to agree with this black man, at least on this part.
  2. 26 Nov '14 23:43
    Originally posted by Eladar
    In an extensive interview with Ebony, the star wondered why there wasn’t more discussion about why Michael Brown exhibited the behavior he did in the convenience store, which Williams described as “bullyish.”

[b]“It looked very bullyish; that in itself I had a problem with,” Williams said, referring to released surveillance video that allegedly shows Bro ...[text shortened]... t_we_talking_about_michael_brown_s_bully_behavior.html

I happen to agree with this black man.
    because we have wilson's bullyish behavior that resulted in someone dying.
  3. 26 Nov '14 23:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Cops are supposed to bully bullies. That's their job.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 00:06

[b]“It looked very bullyish; that in itself I had a problem with,” Williams said, referring to released surveillance video that allegedly shows Bro ...[text shortened]... ael_brown_s_bully_behavior.html

I happen to agree with this black man, at least on this part.
    Michael Brown should have been punished under the law for stealing the cigarillos and pushing the store clerk.

He should not have been summarily executed.
  5. 27 Nov '14 01:08
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Would you feel differently if Officer Wilson had been killed by the bully?
  6. 27 Nov '14 01:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Michael Brown should have been punished under the law for stealing the cigarillos and pushing the store clerk.

He should not have been summarily executed.
    There was no summary execution. He was killed while attacking an armed officer.
  7. 27 Nov '14 01:12
    Cops are supposed to bully bullies. That's their job.
    No cops aren't to bully bullies. They are charged with investigating crimes, part of that stopping and questioning suspects. Cursing cops and throwing stuff at them is a bad start in the wrong direction.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 01:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There was no summary execution. He was killed while attacking an armed officer.
    White guy who shot a black guy said so.

Hook, line and sinker in NormWorld.
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 01:23
    No cops aren't to bully bullies. They are charged with investigating crimes, part of that stopping and questioning suspects. Cursing cops and throwing stuff at them is a bad start in the wrong direction.
    Hook, line and sinker.
  10. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    27 Nov '14 01:26

Are you stating as fact that race was the motivator in this incident?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 01:27
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Are you stating as fact that race was the motivator in this incident?
    Nope.

I'm stating as a fact that Norm accepts the word of white guys who kill black guys as the Gospel truth.
  12. 27 Nov '14 01:38
    Nope.

I'm stating as a fact that Norm accepts the word of white guys who kill black guys as the Gospel truth.
    Why the difference in Cali, when it was I who was opposed to the cops burning out a black suspect who was contained. You defended in that case the summary execution of the black cop.
  13. 27 Nov '14 01:39

Do you know what a summary execution is?
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 01:44
    Yes.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 01:45
    Why the difference in Cali, when it was I who was opposed to the cops burning out a black suspect who was contained. You defended in that case the summary execution of the black cop.
    A) He was shooting at the cops;

B) He killed himself.