Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 May '17 09:461 edit
    YouTube&t=206

Bernie Sanders asks Kasich, someone who doesn't have much love for Trump, "Is Trump a liar?"

Kasich's response: "Well sometimes he says things I don't agree with and don't resemble the facts".

Kasich, one of the more reasonable republicans (compared with maggots like McConnel or Ryan, it's not a high bar to pass, i know), cannot bring himself to say or do something that might hurt his party. In the face of obvious facts, he still has loyalty towards his party rather than the people who voted for him.

The people deserve the truth. The people deserve courage. If someone lies, someone is a liar, even if that someone is on your team. This also applies to democrats but they are not even close.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '17 09:53
    It's hard for people to admit they were wrong, even if they were obviously so.

The amusing part is that while Trump keeps digging a deeper hole for himself, the supporters that remain in the hole are dragged down along with him, and it will become increasingly embarrassing for them to attempt to crawl out.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 10:17
    Not to worry, John McCain just compared Trump to Nixon and Watergate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-gop-leader-plays-down-latest-trump-controversy-165201166--politics.html

Now if this were the monolithic left, no one would make a peep from the Dims.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 May '17 10:17
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's hard for people to admit they were wrong, even if they were obviously so.

The amusing part is that while Trump keeps digging a deeper hole for himself, the supporters that remain in the hole are dragged down along with him, and it will become increasingly embarrassing for them to attempt to crawl out.
    Exactly!
    Told you this was gonna be funny.

By the time Trump's through with the republicants, the US will either be a dystopian wasteland filled with gun-totin' bands of trailer trash... or there will be 30 years of consecutive democratic rule.

And what makes it even more enjoyable... is that the republicants will prefer the former...
  5. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '17 10:31
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Exactly!

By the time Trump's through with the republicants, the US will either be a dystopian wasteland filled with gun-totin' bands of trailer trash... or there will be 30 years of consecutive democratic rule.

And what makes it even more enjoyable... is that the republicants will prefer the former...
    Remember Nixon? Americans elected a guy a million times worse than him, from the same party, only a few years later.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 12:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Remember Nixon? Americans elected a guy a million times worse than him, from the same party, only a few years later.
    If only they could elect saintly democrats.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_MJI9GX9g&t=206

Bernie Sanders asks Kasich, someone who doesn't have much love for Trump, "Is Trump a liar?"

Kasich's response: "Well sometimes he says things I don't agree with and don't resemble the facts".

Kasich, one of the more reasonable republicans (compared with maggots like McConnel or Ryan, it's not a hig ...[text shortened]... ven if that someone is on your team. This also applies to democrats but they are not even close.
    I've heard Democrats say this before, that "at least Kasich is a moderate".

Baloney. Take a close look at how he's almost destroyed the Ohio economy and tell me he's a "moderate". It's almost as bad as Wisconsin these days.

We already knew Trump was a liar. How many times during the campaign did we hear about how much of a "pathological liar" Trump was? And now the media is approaching this like it's new news. It's amazing how the media is desperate to treat Trump like a regular President, who usually at least tries to make it seem like he doesn't lie. Even Nixon had a better grasp of this concept. Remember "I am not a crook"? Yes, he was a crook, but people believed him when he said he wasn't. Of course, this was back when the President cared about what people thought about him.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I've heard Democrats say this before, that "at least Kasich is a moderate".

Baloney. Take a close look at how he's almost destroyed the Ohio economy and tell me he's a "moderate". It's almost as bad as Wisconsin these days.

We already knew Trump was a liar. How many times during the campaign did we hear about how much of a "pathological liar" Trump ...[text shortened]... wasn't. Of course, this was back when the President cared about what people thought about him.
    In comparison to people like Cruz, Carson, and Pussy Grabber, Kasich indeed "seemed" moderate. He wouldn't have appeared that way in any other election.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:39
    Originally posted by vivify
    In comparison to people like Cruz, Carson, and Pussy Grabber, Kasich indeed "seemed" moderate. He wouldn't have appeared that way in any other election.
    Kasich is the kind of guy who is so moderate that there is no need to lie about building a wall or balancing the budget or repealing Obamacare. He can smile and simply say he can tweak things a bit to make the status quo a bit better.
  10. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:41
    Originally posted by vivify
    Ronald Reagan would be considered a moderate compared to the Republicans in office today. Reagan would never win a republican nomination today.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:44
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Exactly!

This is exactly why Trump should not be removed. The Republicans are exposed for what they are. We sure as hell don't need another hardcore Republican like Pence, who'll just push the Republican agenda underground, where not only will it be more effective, but we can't keep tabs on it.

I say if the Republicans want him out, let them do it. Now that will be a comedy show, especially after watching them all prostrate themselves in fealty to him after the election. We need to drag it out as long as possible, so that the People won't soon forget it. 2020 is an important election, because the Party in power will be in power for the US Census, where we decide how many new Representatives we need and many legislative districts will get redrawn. The Republicans have been in charge of this process for so long that they've almost locked down the House. This needs to end.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:48
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Ronald Reagan would be considered a moderate compared to the Republicans in office today. Reagan would never win a republican nomination today.
    But even Reagan was a Reactionary when compared to the far, far more reasonable and "normal" Eisenhower Republicans. He was the one who started the Republican gravy train for Corporations and the 1%. We have him to "thank" for modern Republicanism.
  13. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 May '17 13:551 edit
    But even Reagan was a Reactionary when compared to the far, far more reasonable and "normal" Eisenhower Republicans. He was the one who started the Republican gravy train for Corporations and the 1%. We have him to "thank" for modern Republicanism.
    I agree. Trust me, I never did like Reagan and I know that he was the start of the downfall of our country. However, compared to the worthless, greedy, republicans in office today, He would be considered a moderate today.
  14. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 May '17 14:02
    This is exactly why Trump should not be removed. The Republicans are exposed for what they are. We sure as hell don't need another hardcore Republican like Pence, who'll just push the Republican agenda underground, where not only will it be more effective, but we can't keep tabs on it.

I say if the Republicans want him out, let them do it. Now that wi ...[text shortened]... harge of this process for so long that they've almost locked down the House. This needs to end.
    This is exactly why Trump should not be removed. I disagree. Trump should be removed. Pence has been linked to many Russian ties also and I think they all would fall like domino's if we cut off their head. No one even voted for Pence, he would not last long either.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 14:06
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    That's because he was.

He embraced illegals, created wars abroad, spent like a drunken sailor, and expanded the Federal government.

He was the first to promise reducing the size and scope of government which were all lies.