Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Jan '17 22:45 / 3 edits
    To those who are against homosexuality. Not gay marriage, just homosexuality in general. Why does it matter what people do with each other? Let's throw in any non cisgender/non heterosexual kind of person too.
  2. 09 Jan '17 22:55
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    To those who are against homosexuality. Not gay marriage, just homosexuality in general. Why does it matter what people do with each other?
    I suppose it depends on who you ask.

If you ask the state, all they care about is your money, so free trade is not an option cuz they want a piece of the pie and wish to know all your financial transactions.

If you ask someone of faith then they might say that it is an abomination in the sight of God. It's no skin off their nose other than to feel obligated to warn them

If you are a doctor then you know that if you are a gay male then your chances of and STD and AIDS exponentially increases so you better warn them to use contraceptives and get checked routinely for STD's

I think that about covers it.
  3. 09 Jan '17 22:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose it depends on who you ask.

If you ask the state, all they care about is your money, so free trade is not an option cuz they want a piece of the pie and wish to know all your financial transactions.

If you ask someone of faith then they might say that it is an abomination in the sight of God. It's no skin off their nose other than to feel obli ...[text shortened]... m to use contraceptives and get checked routinely for STD's

I think that about covers it.
    That's actually a pretty solid list. I'm surprised it was you that commented first and not Eladar or someone cut from a similar cloth.
  4. 09 Jan '17 23:00
    That's actually a pretty solid list. I'm surprised it was you that commented first and not Eladar or someone cut from a similar cloth.
    I forgot one, if you are a fundamentalist Muslim you may want to kill them cuz they are still stuck in the OT with a "Do not pass GO, do not collect $200" mentality.
  5. 09 Jan '17 23:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    I forgot one, if you are a fundamentalist Muslim you may want to kill them cuz they are still stuck in the OT with a "Do not pass GO, do not collect $200" mentality.
    Also the heteronormatives that just "Don't wanna see it"
  6. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    10 Jan '17 00:07
    To those who are against homosexuality. Not gay marriage, just homosexuality in general. Why does it matter what people do with each other? Let's throw in any non cisgender/non heterosexual kind of person too.
    God still loves the person, just hates the act. I will follow that advise.
  7. 10 Jan '17 00:42
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    God still loves the person, just hates the act. I will follow that advise.
    So sexuality is a choice?
  8. 10 Jan '17 02:57 / 1 edit
    Why do you care if someone cares?
  9. 10 Jan '17 03:02
    So sexuality is a choice?
    Every action is a choice.
  10. 10 Jan '17 03:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Every action is a choice.
    So you chose to be straight?
  11. 10 Jan '17 03:06
    Why do you care if someone cares?
    Because it impacts people close to me. I don't think someone deserves to be attacked for something they can't control, whether that be race, gender, sexuality, etc. I think that if you attack someone in the name of your god, you and your god aren't worth respect.
  12. 10 Jan '17 03:11
    So you chose to be straight?
    Every action is a choice. Is this really beyond you?
  13. 10 Jan '17 03:13 / 1 edit
    Because it impacts people close to me. I don't think someone deserves to be attacked for something they can't control, whether that be race, gender, sexuality, etc. I think that if you attack someone in the name of your god, you and your god aren't worth respect.
    How does freedom to believe differently impact others?

Why attack me for my beliefs?
  14. 10 Jan '17 03:18
    How does freedom to believe differently impact others?
    When your religious extremism results in extensive damages to someone's life, you should be held responsible. The right to swing your fists ends when you hit someone.
  15. 10 Jan '17 03:27
    When your religious extremism results in extensive damages to someone's life, you should be held responsible. The right to swing your fists ends when you hit someone.
    Sorry man, there is nothing immoral about calling evil what it is. Get over your need to tell others what to believe.