Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    02 Sep '16 06:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Are you seriously trying to tell the forum that all of these women are not Muslims and have no personal vested interest in the issue as a direct consequence of their religious affiliations? No, well a little intellectual honesty please. Suzianne is unstable and cannot be relied upon as a character witness.
    I am far better able to discern character than you.

    Apparently.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    02 Sep '16 06:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that's their decision. also, nobody says they have to go out at noon. also some heat is better dealt with some nice roomy robes than having the sun beat straight on one's skin. also, it's none of your damn business.
    Yes, I guess these people have never watched Lawrence of Arabia (1962).
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    02 Sep '16 06:39
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The Quran does mention modesty in dress. Muslims vary in how to interpret it.

    Maria Toorpakay Wazir, a Pakistani professional squash player, has written a memoir
    in English (with the help of a ghost writer) _A Different Kind of Daughter_ (2016).
    A Pashtun, she was born into an extremely conservative tribal region in Pakistan.
    Her father was (and is) ...[text shortened]... .
    She now lives alone in Toronto, Canada.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Toorpakay_Wazir
    Fascinating article. Thanks for the link.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    02 Sep '16 15:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its always been somewhat of a mystery why FMF left or was run out of the debates forum.
    I have held the belief that Duchess is a man posing as a woman for a while now , and I think FMF and Duchess are one and the same .
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    02 Sep '16 15:42
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I have held the belief that Duchess is a man posing as a woman for a while now , and I think FMF and Duchess are one and the same .
    I keep seeing posts about FMF being a troll, including a thread calling him a "legendary troll". I've never seen him be a troll; can someone point more to a thread where this was three case?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52864
    02 Sep '16 16:42
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Suzianne recently pointed out (again) Robbie Carrobie's poor reading comprehension.
    The *quoted* statements by Aisha, Fafa, and Amera do *not* explicitly mention their
    religion, though these women may discuss their faith in statements that I did not quote.

    I expect this thread to be full of bigoted men sneering at Muslim women.
    # 5 is explicit. But what does 'revert' muslim mean?
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    02 Sep '16 18:55
    Originally posted by vivify
    I keep seeing posts about FMF being a troll, including a thread calling him a "legendary troll". I've never seen him be a troll; can someone point more to a thread where this was three case?
    Just out of a matter of interest I delved back into earlier posts .
    FMF was very prevalent in posts usually of the Duchess provoking type .
    One thing , as they both posted about oriental matters and such they never ( as far as i could see) crossed over to each others posts which i find strange as they both held the same views .
    FMF was indeed a Troll and one of his defence mechanisms was to call people illiterate ,just like Duchess .
    FMF has relegated himself to the general forum and Duchess has dominated the debates forum . Are they the same person ?
    We need to get them to play each other at chess ..lol .
  8. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    02 Sep '16 19:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    # 5 is explicit. But what does 'revert' muslim mean?
    It's another way of saying that she's a 'convert' to Islam.

    http://www.islam.about.com/od/converts/g/revert_gt.htm

    "Convert or Revert to Islam?"

    "The term 'revert' stems from a Muslim belief that all people are born with a natural faith in God."
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    02 Sep '16 19:24
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Just out of a matter of interest I delved back into earlier posts .
    FMF was very prevalent in posts usually of the Duchess provoking type .
    One thing , as they both posted about oriental matters and such they never ( as far as i could see) crossed over to each others posts which i find strange as they both held the same views .
    FMF was indeed a Troll and ...[text shortened]... ates forum . Are they the same person ?
    We need to get them to play each other at chess ..lol .
    yes its very suspicious.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    02 Sep '16 19:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes its very suspicious.
    Dr Jekyll and misses Hyde ?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    02 Sep '16 20:09
    Originally posted by vivify
    I keep seeing posts about FMF being a troll, including a thread calling him a "legendary troll". I've never seen him be a troll; can someone point more to a thread where this was three case?
    Pick one.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    02 Sep '16 20:11
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I have held the belief that Duchess is a man posing as a woman for a while now , and I think FMF and Duchess are one and the same .
    This opinion is not very original, nor is it very sapient.
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    03 Sep '16 08:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This opinion is not very original, nor is it very sapient.
    Makes you think ,maybe ?
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    57005
    03 Sep '16 08:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that's their decision. also, nobody says they have to go out at noon. also some heat is better dealt with some nice roomy robes than having the sun beat straight on one's skin. also, it's none of your damn business.
    It's not my business. Agreed.
    Anyone can wear whatever the hell they like. I don't care.
    Anyone can choose any religion they want: up to them.

    However, I'm free to form any damned opinion I like about any piece of clothing.
    And my opinion is that the burkini is pathetic and people who wear it are retarded.

    Up to them. Same as spidos. Retards. The lot of them.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    57005
    03 Sep '16 08:39
    Originally posted by sh76
    Appearing in public in a speedo should absolutely be illegal - regardless of the temperature.
    See! I'm not the only one!
    I can't even spell them correctly... Haha
Back to Top