Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 03 Dec '13 23:46 / 1 edit
    Watch this disgusting woman...the Speaker Of The House:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw3yoyIw3oM
  2. 03 Dec '13 23:59
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Watch this disgusting woman...the Speaker Of The House:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw3yoyIw3oM
    Do you think that your posts make more people want to be American?
  3. 04 Dec '13 00:05
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Do you think that your posts make more people want to be American?
    Haha thank you for the laugh.
    Now LOOK at the horrible thing that is the leader of the House and the lies she is telling and get back to us with a real answer.
  4. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    04 Dec '13 00:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Haha thank you for the laugh.
    Now LOOK at the horrible thing that is the leader of the House and the lies she is telling and get back to us with a real answer.
    Look, I don't know what nationality you are, but a significant percentage of the world population knows that John Boehner is the Speaker of the House, NOT Nancy Pelosi.

    And what in the world does this have to do with being an American? I'm proud of being an American no matter who the Speaker of the House is.
  5. 04 Dec '13 00:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Look, I don't know what nationality you are, but a significant percentage of the world population knows that John Boehner is the Speaker of the House, NOT Nancy Pelosi.

    And what in the world does this have to do with being an American? I'm proud of being an American no matter who the Speaker of the House is.
    Thumbs up.
  6. 04 Dec '13 00:32
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Thumbs up.
    I'm soooo sorry... she's the Minority Leader.
    I been drinking....sue me.
    She's still a crunt following Obrama
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    04 Dec '13 00:36
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Watch this disgusting woman...the Speaker Of The House:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw3yoyIw3oM
    Thanks for that link. As a non American I was not familiar with this politician and was highly impressed by the effective way she dealt with a hostile interviewer. He kept trying to stitch her up with over-simplified and slanted assertions. She had the hard task of conveying a complex message and she did it patiently, without getting flustered and without allowing him to push her off her messages. This was never a fair interview - he was evidently determined to push her into a corner and the fact is that he failed and she came out of it very well. So as I say, I am impressed.

    You on the other hand are an unpleasant, opinionated bigot. It is people like you that make me hostile to America and people like her that make me less certain.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    04 Dec '13 00:36
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    I'm soooo sorry... she's the Minority Leader.
    I been drinking....sue me.
    She's still a crunt following Obrama
    Is THAT your problem with her? She's a woman?

    I'm sorry I replied to you at all, then.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    04 Dec '13 00:38
    This thread just fell below the standard of acceptable and tolerable debate in a public forum.
  10. 04 Dec '13 00:39
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    I'm soooo sorry... she's the Minority Leader.
    I been drinking....sue me.
    She's still a crunt following Obrama
    Me, too. You’re still a still an ignorant, bigoted fool.
  11. 04 Dec '13 00:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    This thread just fell below the standard of acceptable and tolerable debate in a public forum.
    Ah, and I am a now contributor to that decline. You shame me, Finnegan!
  12. 04 Dec '13 01:28 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan to KilgoreTrout15
    Thanks for that link. As a non American I was not familiar with this politician and was highly impressed by the effective way she dealt with a hostile interviewer. He kept trying to stitch her up with over-simplified and slanted assertions. She had the hard task of conveying a complex message and she did it patiently, without getting flust ...[text shortened]... s people like you that make me hostile to America and people like her that make me less certain.
    "You (KilgoreTrout15) are an unpleasant, opinionated bigot."
    --Finnegan

    "Hitler was a Great Man with a Great Plan..."
    --KilgoreTrout15

    In fairness to his post, KilgoreTrout15 claimed to like Jewish people and
    did not endorse the Final Solution. KilgoreTrout15's explained that he
    admires Hitler on account of Hitler's belief in the right of racially superior
    white people to rule (powerless) non-white peoples absolutely.
    If KilgoreTrout15 had been born earlier, I suppose that he could have
    found employment as a ruthless Western imperialist in Africa or Asia.
  13. 04 Dec '13 02:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "You (KilgoreTrout15) are an unpleasant, opinionated bigot."
    --Finnegan

    "Hitler was a Great Man with a Great Plan..."
    --KilgoreTrout15

    In fairness to his post, KilgoreTrout15 claimed to like Jewish people and
    did not endorse the Final Solution. KilgoreTrout15's explained that he
    admires Hitler on account of Hitler's belief in the right of raci ...[text shortened]... uppose that he could have
    found employment as a ruthless Western imperialist in Africa or Asia.
    Pot meet keetle defender of Mr. Amin al-Husseini.
  14. 04 Dec '13 02:27
    Pelosi will always be remembered for saying that:

    1. They needed to pass the ACA in order to find out what is in it.

    2. Derided those who questioned the Constitutionality of the bill, as if there was no chance of it even being reviewed by SCOTUS.
  15. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    04 Dec '13 11:23 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Pelosi will always be remembered for saying that:

    1. They needed to pass the ACA in order to find out what is in it.

    2. Derided those who questioned the Constitutionality of the bill, as if there was no chance of it even being reviewed by SCOTUS.
    Well just as a comprehension test you fail.

    On the first point, when challenged on the interview, she pointed out that the process of making legislation meant that quite a lot of changes were still to be expected but she was confident at the end of that process that the result would satisfy (reasonable) critics and meet the intentions of the bill. Obviously, in a complex debate, if people choose to seize on a phrase and misuse it out of context then they can make her look stupid but she did not strike me as stupid based on this interview. Phrased differently, I suggest that if we wanted her to comment on the bill as it is at the time then that is fine, but if we want her to comment about changes that might be introduced and might later be removed, then that is unreasonable and she would suggest that we must await the final outcome before we can reasonably debate it.

    On the second point it is the job of a legislator to ensure as far as possible that legislation will not fall foul of constitutional challenges. The fact that almost any legislation can in principal and in this case probably will in practice be challenged does not make her point invalid.

    If the object of this exercise is to demonstrate how impossible it is to debate rationally with the American Right then I think we can count it a success. If the object was to invite us to evaluate the performance of a woman politician then I would say that she has presented a very impressive image and does great credit to herself and those who welcome women in politics at every level. If the object is to rescue something from this drunken, offensive contribution by Kilgore Trout then it fails for me. You should choose your friends more carefully.