Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 05 Jul '16 13:54
    A left winged politician in Germany was raped by migrants in Germany, but then lied about the nationality of those who raped her.

The reason? She did not want bad press for the migrants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3675154/Left-wing-German-politician-raped-migrants-admits-LIED-police-attackers-nationality-did-not-want-encourage-racism.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    05 Jul '16 13:59 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    A left winged politician in Germany was raped by migrants in Germany, but then lied about the nationality of those who raped her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3675154/Left-wing-German-politician-raped-migrants-admits-LIED-police-attackers-nationality-did-not-want-encourage-racism.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/europe/germany-teen-migrant-rape-false/

"Berlin teen admits fabricating migrant gang-rape story"

"Stories of the girl's ordeal circulated in Russian media and on social networks, prompting street demonstrations by Russian-German communities and right-wing groups."

This probably explains why the woman felt the need to lie; look what happened when a false rape allegation broke out. Right-wingers were all too eager to display their racism.
  3. 05 Jul '16 13:59 / 1 edit

She must be one hell of a social justice warrior.
    How about this sorry sack of liberal garbage ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3528236/Male-Norwegian-politician-raped-asylum-seeker-says-feels-GUILTY-attacker-deported-man-suffer-Somalia.html
  4. 05 Jul '16 20:21 / 1 edit

According to 'The Daily Mail' article, Selin Goerin reported that she was 'forced to perform a
    sex act', which would constitute sexual assault, but it's unclear if it meets the legal definition of rape.

And she suspected that the men were 'speaking Arabic or Farsi'. Arabic or Farsi?
    Actually, Arabic (Semitic) and Farsi (Indo-European) are linguistically very different,
    and anyone with even a very basic knowledge of either language should be able to
    discern a difference. (The languages don't sound very alike at all.) I suspect that,
    for all she could know, the men might have been speaking Albanian or Pashto, etc.
    So she hardly seemed able to identify these men's nationality or ethnicity *accurately*

So how does 'moderately dark-skinned suspect speaking unknown foreign language' add
    up to a certain, as opposed to a possible (or even probable), conclusion of migrant from.Syria?
  5. 05 Jul '16 20:23
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/europe/germany-teen-migrant-rape-false/

"Berlin teen admits fabricating migrant gang-rape story"

"Stories of the girl's ordeal circulated in Russian media and on social networks, prompting street demonstrations by Russian-German communities and right-wing groups."

This probably explains why the woman felt the need to lie ...[text shortened]... ]false[/i] rape allegation broke out. Right-wingers were all too eager to display their racism.
    yeah one false rape allegation out of the countless thousands of real ones
  6. 05 Jul '16 20:32
    Originally posted by FishHead111 to Vivify
    yeah one false rape allegation out of the countless thousands of real ones
    I wonder if all the (often sexist and almost always anti-feminist) white men here would be as
    quick to believe every woman's accusation of rape when the alleged rapists are white men.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    06 Jul '16 17:22
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    According to 'The Daily Mail' article, Selin Goerin reported that she was 'forced to perform a
    sex act', which would constitute sexual assault, but it's unclear if it meets the legal definition of rape.

And she suspected that the men were 'speaking Arabic or Farsi'. Arabic or Farsi?
    Actually, Arabic (Semitic) and Farsi (Indo-European) are linguistic ...[text shortened]...
    up to a certain, as opposed to a possible (or even probable), conclusion of migrant from.Syria?
    So your typical sexual assault victim has the presence of mind to distinguish between two foreign languages while being assaulted.

Its interesting in this case how much analysis you've given over to casting shade on a victims story. For a minute there it was as if you were taken over by the spirit of one of the many makes you detest on this forum.
  8. 06 Jul '16 18:50
    Originally posted by kmax87
    So your typical sexual assault victim has the presence of mind to distinguish between two foreign languages while being assaulted.

Its interesting in this case how much analysis you've given over to casting shade on a victims story. For a minute there it was as if you were taken over by the spirit of one of the many makes you detest on this forum.
    Kmax87 again fails badly, at his best, to comprehend what I wrote.

"...how much analysis you've given to casting shade on a victim's story."
    --Kmax87

While I am not certain what Kmax87 means by 'casting shade', I have cast *no doubt*
    upon the victim's story as reported in 'The Daily Mail' article cited by Whodey.
    Indeed, I took *literally* its statement that the attackers were speaking Arabic or Farsi.

I would submit that a 'typical sexual assault victim' does *not* suddenly become unable
    to recognize any of the languages that she speaks. (I know enough Arabic to recognize
    it when I hear it, though I may not understand it all, particularly given its many dialects.)
    Arabic and Farsi are very different languages. So it seems clear enough that, given her
    inability to distinguish between these languages, Selin Goerin does not speak either one.
    So it seems that the victim was *guessing* about which language her attackers were speaking.

Now one of her guesses might have been correct. But my point was that there are many
    foreign languages that an ignorant person could plausibly confuse with Arabic or Farsi.
    So all that we really seem to know now is that the men were apparently of Middle Eastern
    appearance (that's my guess, not a quote) and speaking a language unknown to the victim.
    I don't know how to narrow down that rather vague description to get accurate knowledge
    knowledge of the men's nationality, ethnicity, or migrant status.

Whodey was wrong to accuse Selin Goerin of 'lying about the nationality of those who raped her.'
    'To lie' means to tell a falsehood intentionally. And Selin Goerin did not do that.
    How could she have known the nationality of the man (or men) who sexually assaulted her
    when she apparently had to guess about which language he (or they) were speaking?
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Jul '16 05:27
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Kmax87 again fails badly, at his best, to comprehend what I wrote.

"...how much analysis you've given to casting shade on a victim's story."
    --Kmax87

While I am not certain what Kmax87 means by 'casting shade', I have cast *no doubt*
    upon the victim's story as reported in 'The Daily Mail' article cited by Whodey.
    Indeed, I took *literally* its st ...[text shortened]... assaulted her
    when she apparently had to guess about which language he (or they) were speaking?
    Isn't all this still covering the fact she was raped? She was raped, right? Did she say 'THAT MAN Mohammed Fiasal is the one who raped me' but it was really Roger Penn, that might be one thing but she was still raped.
  10. 07 Jul '16 19:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Isn't all this still covering the fact she was raped? She was raped, right? Did she say 'THAT MAN Mohammed Fiasal is the one who raped me' but it was really Roger Penn, that might be one thing but she was still raped.
    Sonhouse, I really wish that you could improve your reading comprehension.

"She was raped, right?"
    --Sonhouse

She claims that she was sexually assaulted, and I believe what she said.
    But it's unclear (we don't know enough details) if it satisfied the legal definition of rape.

I would add that German law--which now is being changed--has made it very hard for a
    victim to prove that she was raped because it requires a standard of physical resistance.
    So if a woman shouted 'Nein! Nein! Nein!' to a man before he forced her to submit to
    sexual intercourse, it still would *not* be considered rape unless she had physically resisted.

My point is that Whodey's wrong to accuse the victim of *lying* about her attacker's 'nationality'.
    It seems that she was just guessing about what foreign language that he was speaking
    and she really could not have known what was his nationality, ethnicity, or migrant status.
    So, by saying that she did *not* know his 'nationality', she was *not* lying.