Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Stargazing
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 04:17
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    You should have added the asterisk:

[b]* Explaining things to little children who can't seem to grasp basic concepts and inexplicably think the government is the people who can solve any problem, ever.
    [/b]
    Is "grab them by the pussy" an example of explaining the more complex concept of taking hold of the vagina?
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 11:20
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I don't think so, but most European countries have a preferential treatment for U.S. citizens. As long as you have financial security (capital or a job), getting a residence permit is not difficult.
    It can be difficult in the Uk under Treezer Mayhem

For a US citizen

http://www.thenational.scot/news/14976245.Deportation_for_Christmas__Home_Office_condemned_for_action_against_US_couple_in_the_Highlands/

For an Australian citizen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-39791228

Actually, in the UK it is even difficult if you are an EU citizen, despite what the law might say.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-eu-citizens-deported-european-commission-investigation-a7976236.html
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 11:23
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Is "grab them by the pussy" an example of explaining the more complex concept of taking hold of the vagina?
    I would have thought the use of indirect euphemisms is more complex than the use of plain English; just as the use of lies is more complex and more confusing than telling the truth. Indirect speaking and lies are confusing by design.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 15:11
    Do you have an actual difficulty determining the distinctions between the ribald exchanges of people in unguarded moments and those conversations which are directed toward an audience of intransigent and hostile juveniles masquerading as adult members of the press?
    Or are you just making a facile comment for giggles?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 15:28
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    This [Puerto Rico] is an island, surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.

Inspiring. This will go down alongside I have a dream, I suspect.
    Maria is one bad mujer. Unfair. Sad.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 18:22
    Trump speaks at a 3rd grade level.

Trump has the last laugh since his technique helped get him elected.

Try supporting an actual education in the public schools if you want change, but then, that would sink the DNC as well.

Shrug. Never mind.

Carry on
  7. Stargazing
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 18:55
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    I would have thought the use of indirect euphemisms is more complex than the use of plain English; just as the use of lies is more complex and more confusing than telling the truth. Indirect speaking and lies are confusing by design.
    I agree; however in Trump's case I don't think it was a complex euphemism.
  8. Stargazing
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 19:01
    Do you have an actual difficulty determining the distinctions between the ribald exchanges of people in unguarded moments and those conversations which are directed toward an audience of intransigent and hostile juveniles masquerading as adult members of the press?
    Neither, I just think Donald Trump is an crude, misogynist, narcissist oaf with horrible attitudes, limited intelligence and poor communication skills. The likes of you and whodey choose to be supporters of his repellent ideology, and that's your pejorative.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 21:361 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester to FreakyKBH
    Neither, I just think Donald Trump is an crude, misogynist, narcissist oaf with horrible attitudes, limited intelligence and poor communication skills.
    The likes of you and whodey choose to be supporters of his repellent ideology, and that's your pejorative.
    Yet Donald Trump supports Brexit as zealously as Divegeester does.
    I expect Divegeester does *not* criticize Donald Trump when he's supporting Brexit.

"The likes of you and whodey choose to be supporters of his repellent ideology, and that's *your pejorative*."
    --Divegeester (to FreakyKBH)

Divegeester seems ignorant of the difference in meaning between 'pejorative' and 'prerogative'.
    (I note the irony of Divegeester criticizing Donald Trump's 'poor communication skills'.)
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 21:431 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64

"The likes of you and whodey choose to be supporters of his repellent ideology, and that's *your pejorative*."

Divegeester seems ignorant of the difference in meaning between 'pejorative' and 'prerogative'.
    Apparently both Trump and Divegeester also regularly take a piss, so they have that in common as well 😲
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 22:26
    Neither, I just think Donald Trump is an crude, misogynist, narcissist oaf with horrible attitudes, limited intelligence and poor communication skills. The likes of you and whodey choose to be supporters of his repellent ideology, and that's your pejorative.
    Supporters.
    How you get that blood out of any of my rocks is beyond me.
    Perhaps your clairvoyance is so deep, you can penetrate the areas of my mind even I cannot see.
    Barring that, you're just plain, fat, stupid wrong.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 22:28
    I expect Divegeester does *not* criticize Donald Trump when he's supporting Brexit.

Divegeester seems ignorant of the difference in meaning b ...[text shortened]... ive'.
    (I note the irony of Divegeester criticizing Donald Trump's 'poor communication skills'.)
    He ain't ignorant!
    His clairvoyance is so strong, it has a reverse flow, too.
    He knows that we know what he means, so he doesn't bother with such pedestrian pains as clarity or concision require.
  13. Stargazing
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 05:541 edit
    Supporters.
    Perhaps your clairvoyance is so deep, you can penetrate the areas of my mind even I cannot see.

Weren't you defending Trump when you wrote this?
  14. Stargazing
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 05:55
    Yet Donald Trump supports Brexit as zealously as Divegeester does. I expect Divegeester does *not* criticize Donald Trump when he's supporting Brexit.
    🙄
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 09:03
    Supporters.
    Yes. The whole world is wrong except you, Trump and a group of moronic Repuplicants...