Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 01 Jan '18 11:16 / 1 edit
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-secretary-general-puts-world-083722617.html

You heard it here first, we are all on red alert!!!

UN Secretary blah, blah, blah has recently said that conflict is likely due to heightened tensions around the globe and increased "xenophobia" and "nationalism" that has increased around the globe. Oh, and global warming is as bad as ever!

Translation: Trump.

The funny part here is, it may be the first year in a very long time that the US does not start a war.

Hilarious!
  2. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    01 Jan '18 13:42
    Originally posted by @whodey

UN Secretary blah, blah, blah has recently said that conflict is likely due to heightened tensions around the globe and increased "xenophobia" and "nationalism" that has increased around the globe. Oh, and global warming is ...[text shortened]... is, it may be the first year in a very long time that the US does not start a war.

Hilarious!
    So the more the US sabre rattles, the less likely a war would break out, not started by the US?
  3. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    01 Jan '18 13:53
    Originally posted by @whodey

UN Secretary blah, blah, blah has recently said that conflict is likely due to heightened tensions around the globe and increased "xenophobia" and "nationalism" that has increased around the globe. Oh, and global warming is ...[text shortened]... is, it may be the first year in a very long time that the US does not start a war.

Hilarious!
    Hilarious!

Oh yes, I'm sure you'd be laughing out loud if you were the one dodging gunfire in a war zone.
  4. 01 Jan '18 14:14
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    So the more the US sabre rattles, the less likely a war would break out, not started by the US?
    The US sabre rattles? You have that about as backwards as it gets. I swear, liberalism is a disease!
  5. 01 Jan '18 16:35
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Hilarious!

Oh yes, I'm sure you'd be laughing out loud if you were the one dodging gunfire in a war zone.
    The ones most responsible for war zones are the Muslims.
  6. 01 Jan '18 22:14
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Hilarious!

You mean like in utopian Obama places like Libya or Syria?

Each one deserves its own Nobel Peace Prize.
  7. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    02 Jan '18 00:02
    If the attitudes espoused here by Americans are popular and rampant among Americans, then I truly weep for my country.
  8. 05 Jan '18 11:30
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If the attitudes espoused here by Americans are popular and rampant among Americans, then I truly weep for my country.
    Such a passionate statement. Perhaps you can keep your focus on your crocheting and leave the thinking for the men folk. Just thinking and caring about you in your fragile state, thats all.
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    05 Jan '18 22:00
    Originally posted by @joe-beyser
    Such a passionate statement. Perhaps you can keep your focus on your crocheting and leave the thinking for the men folk. Just thinking and caring about you in your fragile state, thats all.
    Oh, sure, because they're doing such a good job of it so far.

Thread 175466
  10. 05 Jan '18 22:37
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Oh, sure, because they're doing such a good job of it so far.

Thread 175466
    My crocheting is bigger than yours.