Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 May '13 02:07
    As if we have not stopped reeling from the Bengazi scandal and the IRS scandal, now it appears there is yet another.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-obtains-wide-ap-phone-records-probe

The Justice Department secretly obtained 2 months of telephone records of reporters and editors for the Associated Press in what the AP's top executive called a "massive and unprecendented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

Shrug. I guess they will probably hide behind the Patriot Act, and if that fails they can whip out the NDAA and they will just all disappear.
  2. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    14 May '13 02:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    As if we have not stopped reeling from the Bengazi scandal and the IRS scandal, now it appears there is yet another.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-obtains-wide-ap-phone-records-probe

The Justice Department secretly obtained 2 months of telephone records of reporters and editors for the Associated Press in what the AP's top executive called a "mass ...[text shortened]... e Patriot Act, and if that fails they can whip out the NDAA and they will just all disappear.
    This is the one that I think is going to get him. Not because it was in and of itself illegal - for Christ's sake, the Patriot Act legalized just about everything - but because this is the one that will piss off the press. The press is embarrassed, and they're going to make Obama pay.

To quote Terrell Owens: "Getcha popcorn out."
  3. 14 May '13 02:53
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    This is the one that I think is going to get him. Not because it was in and of itself illegal - for Christ's sake, the Patriot Act legalized just about everything - but because this is the one that will piss off the press. The press is embarrassed, and they're going to make Obama pay.

To quote Terrell Owens: "Getcha popcorn out."
    Not at all. As I've said before, the powers that be are bullett proof. They are more scared of him then he is of them.

I'm just sitting here being entertained at this point. Will there be a scandal every week?
  4. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    14 May '13 02:59
    Not at all. As I've said before, the powers that be are bullett proof. They are more scared of him then he is of them.

I'm just sitting here being entertained at this point. Will there be a scandal every week?
    Obama has been bought and sold a dozen times over. He's a puppet. Just like W was a puppet. Do you think it's an accident that two times over, each party has had its weakest offering in a generation hold the White House?

Murdoch, Turner and Co. will roast Obama on a spit just for the sheer entertainment value. Just like they would have done with Bush, except Bush made the warmongers money. He was their boy. He was sufficiently stupid, and therefore allowed to stay.
  5. 14 May '13 03:03
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Obama has been bought and sold a dozen times over. He's a puppet. Just like W was a puppet. Do you think it's an accident that two times over, each party has had its weakest offering in a generation hold the White House?

Murdoch, Turner and Co. will roast Obama on a spit just for the sheer entertainment value. Just like they would have done wit ...[text shortened]... rmongers money. He was their boy. He was sufficiently stupid, and therefore allowed to stay.
    Nope. If they make Obama pay for his "sins" then that may mean the same for others in power.

It's a good old boys club. They just pretend to be adversaries.
  6. 14 May '13 03:14
    My guess is that Obama will say that he was after terrorists.

I could have told him that the AP were all a bunch of terrorists. Geesh.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    14 May '13 05:02 / 1 edit
    Nope. If they make Obama pay for his "sins" then that may mean the same for others in power.

Never mind.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    14 May '13 19:22

"Good old boys" are stereotypically white racists.
  9. 15 May '13 03:01
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    "Good old boys" are stereotypically white racists.
    You sound like a bitter white bigot ATY.