Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 23:292 edits
    @duchess64 said
    The lying racist troll Mchill has a continuing long record of shameless blatant lying to attack me.

On countless occasions, I have carefully cited evidence of Mchill's blatant lying.
    Of course, Mchill pretends that none of that evidence exists and keeps shamelessly
    piling on his lies and diversionary insults in order to keep attacking me.

Notwithstanding some superf ...[text shortened]... year as President
    to implement his vision for the USA. (Mchill may prefer to lie about that now.)
    Duchess - I see logic has gone out the window here, since you seem unwilling to want to return to our little discussion about being balanced. Well, having landed a good client this week, and being in a happy mood, I'll respond to your last post - minus- the anger and venom you have aimed at me.

Mchill pretends that none of that evidence exists and keeps shamelessly piling on his lies and diversionary insults in order to keep attacking me. - Duchess, as I've said before, disagreeing with someone does not equal attacking someone.

Notwithstanding some superficial differences, Mchill seems to be about as deeply
    dishonest and racist as Donald Trump (who may agree with Mchill that white men
    are the most oppressed group in the USA. Duchess - I'm afraid your understanding of what "seems" to be is based on a MISunderstanding. I do not agree with Donald Trump on most issues, including race, nor have I ever said that white men are the most oppressed group in the USA.

Even early into 2017, Mchill wanted to give Donald Trump a year as President
    to implement his vision for the USA. (Mchill may prefer to lie about that now.) Duchess - I'm afraid that's NOT exactly what I said. If you'd like to review, I said I would give Donald Trump one year before I would form a firm opinion of him as President, which is what I do for all new administrations, NOT one year to implement his vision for the USA. Well, Donald Trump has long since had his year, and as many of my posts have stated, Donald Trump is a poor President even on his best days. So, Duchess, since you've misquoted me, I would have to ask: Who is really lying here?? 🙂

Debate score:

Mchill 1

Duchess 0

Better luck next time. 😀
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 23:42
    @quackquack said
    The name calling Duchess is back to calling people names and misquoting them.
    The electoral college is the system we use so any strategy that helps you win the electoral college even if you don't win the popular vote would be effective. There is value to the electoral college as a candidate needs to win the majority in a whole bunch of areas and thus have broad support a ...[text shortened]... elected leader to receive support in a different types of areas and that certainly is a good thing.
    What it should not be is a vehicle for allowing the minority to decide things over the wishes of the majority.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 23:52
    @suzianne said
    What it should not be is a vehicle for allowing the minority to decide things over the wishes of the majority.
    I can go along with that. Fortunately the electoral college, flawed as it is, cuts both ways. Kennedy lost the popular vote in 1960, yet became President via electoral college votes.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 10:42
    @mchill said
    I can go along with that. Fortunately the electoral college, flawed as it is, cuts both ways. Kennedy lost the popular vote in 1960, yet became President via electoral college votes.
    Same as UK system - ruling party may not
    be the party with most votes.
    Democracy is difficult.

But just because both parties have sometimes benefitted from a
    flawed system does not make it fair or just. (US, UK and others)

I strongly believe STV (Single Transferable Vote)
    systems will deliver the best outcome for a populace.

Every vote counts and the least despised get in. It
    fosters compromise and solidarity. But getting to
    that system is a BIG problem for most democracies.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 10:44
    Debate score:
    Mchill 1
    Duchess 0
    Better luck next time. 😀
    That's nothing...

I'm 3-0 up!
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:17
    @suzianne said
    You packed a whole lot of stupid in that short statement. So you think a California dope head should have as much say so as an Iowa farmer? One contributes to our society, one takes away. How long do you think we could survive with your mob rule approach?
  7. Germany
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:31
    @mott-the-hoople said
    You packed a whole lot of stupid in that short statement. So you think a California dope head should have as much say so as an Iowa farmer? One contributes to our society, one takes away. How long do you think we could survive with your mob rule approach?
    You think an Iowa dope fiend should have more to say than a California farmer.
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 00:11
    @KazetNagorra

Trump, Our greatest President, Who was voted into office by true American Patriots.
    The Patriots who voted Him into power could care less about people’s opinions around the globe.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 10:12
    @sergeantpmain said
    @KazetNagorra

Trump, Our greatest President, Who was voted into office by true American Patriots.
    The Patriots who voted Him into power could care less about people’s opinions around the globe.
    Trump, our worst president ever, who was voted into office by stupid, gullible white people.
    The white people who voted him into power couldn't care less about other people around the globe.
  10. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 10:21
    @sergeantpmain said
    @KazetNagorra

Unfortunately, the battlefield medics didn't remove your helmet before the swelling. 😊