Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 01:42
    It is fairly rare for a woman to become an active shooter. She claimed youtube censored her videos. Did youtube do just that or do they deny it? If they did censor her, why? I heard she was an animal rights activist. Did she promote violence on her videos?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 02:32
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    It is fairly rare for a woman to become an active shooter. She claimed youtube censored her videos. Did youtube do just that or do they deny it? If they did censor her, why? I heard she was an animal rights activist. Did she promote violence on her videos?
    WTF is an inactive shooter?
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 04:45
    The racist right-wing British tabloid 'Daily Mail'. (which tirelessly incites
    hatred against Muslims) has been emphasizing that the shooter's
    Iranian, as to insinuate that she could be an agent of Iran or a jihadist.

As far as I know, she had no connection with Iran's government or military.
    I don't know if she regarded herself as a Muslim, let alone a jihadist.

My point is that the 'Daily Mail' grabbed the coincidence of her Iranian
    heritage in attempting to demonize the usual suspects.
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 05:59
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    WTF is an inactive shooter?
    A dead one!
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 10:38
    Just to end this before it even starts, the woman made it clear on social media that her faith is Baha'i, something entirely different from Islam.

Carry on.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:11
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The racist right-wing British tabloid 'Daily Mail'. (which tirelessly incites
    hatred against Muslims) has been emphasizing that the shooter's
    Iranian, as to insinuate that she could be an agent of Iran or a jihadist.

As far as I know, she had no connection with Iran's government or military.
    I don't know if she regarded herself as a Muslim, let alon ...[text shortened]... ' grabbed the coincidence of her Iranian
    heritage in attempting to demonize the usual suspects.
    yeah its not like muslims commit terrorist acts is it?
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:12
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Just to end this before it even starts, the woman made it clear on social media that her faith is Baha'i, something entirely different from Islam.

Carry on.
    link?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:52
    Since there has been no denial from youtube that they censored the angry woman's website it must be true.
    That makes me wonder why it was censored. Nobody is saying and that makes me wonder why as well. I also wonder if Suzanne is finally convinced that active shootings come in clusters like I have been saying. This time it is a woman and most active shooters are men.
    Suzanne, notice I'm saying active shooters instead of mass shootings. That way you can't include robberies.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 13:02
    Since there has been no denial from youtube that they censored the angry woman's website it must be true.
    That makes me wonder why it was censored. Nobody is saying and that makes me wonder why as well. I also wonder if Suzanne is finally convinced that active shootings come in clusters like I have been saying. This time it is a woman and most active s ...[text shortened]... tice I'm saying active shooters instead of mass shootings. That way you can't include robberies.
    ALL shooters are active. You are special aren't you/
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 13:17
    link?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/technology/nasim-aghdam-youtube-shooter.html

Ms. Aghdam had YouTube pages in Persian, Turkish and English. She explained that she and her family were members of the Baha’i faith
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 13:44

Ms. Aghdam had YouTube pages in Persian, Turkish and English. She explained that she and her family were members of the Baha’i faith
    "In the United States, she cast a very different profile"

so how do you know which one to believe?
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 14:46
    That makes me wonder why it was censored. Nobody is saying and that makes me wonder why as well. I also wonder if Suzanne is finally convinced that active shootings come in clusters like I have been saying. This time it is a woman and most active s ...[text shortened]... tice I'm saying active shooters instead of mass shootings. That way you can't include robberies.
    So what if YouTube did censor her videos on their site? Surely you're not suggesting that justifies her shooting YouTube employees?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 15:19

Declaring one's self as a member of any faith and actually acting as a member of any faith are clearly two different things.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 17:30
    ALL shooters are active. You are special aren't you/
    Not when they are dead.

I didn't come up with the term so I'm not special. I just use it when I need to be specific. Ever hear of a burner phone? Who came up with that weird name? It isn't like it burns.
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 17:33
    Youtube has been demonetizing lots of videos i.e. cutting them off from ad revenue specifically as a response to gun violence.