Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    21 May '18 02:025 edits
    It's little-known today that the Lehi (a Zionist terrorist group) murdered a UK citizen in the UK.

My primary source is
    _Major Farran's Hat: Murder, Scandal and Britain's War Against Jewish Terrorism, 1945-1948_
    by David Cesarani (a British Jewish academic)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Farran

"Roy Alexander Farran ... was highly decorated for his exploits with the
    Special Air Service (SAS) during World War II. Farran became widely
    known after being court martialled on a charge of murdering an unarmed
    16-year-old member of the Jewish underground group Lehi during his
    command of an undercover Palestine Police unit."

Roy Farran was not convicted in the case of Alexander Rubowitz's death.

"The prosecution failed to prove that the hat was Farran's or even that
    Rubowitz was actually dead.[36] The result was that the case collapsed
    for lack of evidence.[36] Rubowitz's family made many unsuccessful attempts
    to revive the case.[36] Alexander Rubowitz's body has never been found."

Roy Farran returned to the UK. The Lehi vowed to kill him in order to avenge
    the death of its young member Alexander Rubowitz. The Lehi had secret cells
    in the UK. Yaakov Heruti (who never has been prosecuted for it)
    assembled a bomb, which was sent in a parcel addressed to 'R. Ferran'.
    On that fateful day, Roy Ferran's younger brother Rex Farran opened the parcel.
    The exploding bomb mortally wounded Rex Farran. His last words were
    reported to have asked his family to bear witness that he died bravely.
    (Rex Farran was completely innocent, never even having been in Palestine.)

The key members of the Lehi cell succeeded in escaping from the police.
    No one was ever prosecuted directly for Rex Farran's murder.
    A British Jew (a Lehi sympathizer) was convicted as an accessory (as I recall).
    He was released early from prison after Israel and the UK made a deal.
    He agreed to give up his UK citizenship, emigrate to Israel, and never return to the UK.
    Israel promised to stop all of its people from making any further attempts
    to kill Roy Farran (who emigrated to Canada). In effect, the trade-off
    was between Israel promising future safety for Roy Farran at the cost of
    the UK not attempting to bring Rex Farran's murderers to justice.

P.S. Are the instant 'thumbs down' from pro-Israeli people here who want
    1) To lie and deny that Zionism has a long record of terrorism?
    2) To approve of the Lehi's murder of Rex Farran (and attempt to kill Roy Farran) in the UK?
    3) To hate me, of course, for bringing attention to such historical facts?
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 May '18 14:287 edits
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    It's little-known today that the Lehi (a Zionist terrorist group) murdered a UK citizen in the UK.

My primary source is
    _Major Farran's Hat: Murder, Scandal and Britain's War Against Jewish Terrorism, 1945-1948_

"Roy Alexander Farran ... was highly decorated ...[text shortened]... y Farran) in the UK?
    2) To approve of the Lehi's murder of Rex Farran (and attempt to kill Roy Farran) in the UK?

Duchess, I'll try to ignore your past abrasive comments and give some honest answers.

1. While most people here do not consciously lie, many here(including myself) do not have a deep understanding of activities of the Israeli government. It's possible Israel is guilty of these things, but to classify all Americans, or all people here on this site as blind supporters of Israel is a gross oversimplification.

2. While there may be some here that approve of the Lehi's murder of Rex Farran, most do not.

3. Hate you? I very much doubt it. You're not important enough for people here to waste the energy to hate you, but if that is your goal here, I'd say you've taken a few steps down that path because you've lost sight of the fact that this is debates forum, and civil adults can disagree on issues without becoming verbally abusive. A good example of proper form is 2 lawyers arguing their opposing views before a judge, accepting the verdict of a jury then being able to go to lunch together.

According to your previous post, you're stated goal is to: "Give abusive lying racist trolls like Mchill something they need to hate" That is not a debate Duchess, it's a childish, hateful post that has little to do with civil discussions about any issue.

P.S. I did not give your post a thumbs down, but you would do well to remember that how you communicate your thoughts to others does influence people in this area.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 May '18 14:44
    Originally posted by @mchill

Duchess, I'll try to ignore your past abra ...[text shortened]... ess, it's a childish, hateful post that has little to do with civil discussions about any issue.
    Wait...wut?

You read her posts? 😲
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 May '18 14:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Wait...wut?

You read her posts? 😲
    Hope springs eternal whodey.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    21 May '18 20:514 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill

Duchess, I'll try to ignore your past abrasive ...[text shortened]... to remember that how you communicate your thoughts to others does influence people in this area.
    I forgot to mention the fact that some of my usual trolls have boasted that they take pride
    in 'thumbing down' my posts without reading them.

"...to classify all Americans, or all people here on this site as blind supporters of Israel
    is a gross oversimplification."
    --Mchill

FALSE. The troll Mchill keeps blatantly lying. I never wrote that about ALL Americans.

In another thread, I made the point of citing some American organization critical of Israel.
    I may personally know more Americans (including members of Jewish Voice for Peace)
    than anyone else in this forum who are active in criticizing Israel on behalf of the Palestinians.

In fact, I earlier wrote this:
    When I spoke about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at various venues (usually universities)
    in the USA, I met many diverse Americans (including Jews) who substantially agreed with
    my criticisms of Israel or who, at least, agreed that the USA's support of Israel was wrongly excessive.
    Indeed, some pro-Israeli American Jews told me that, while still disagreeing with much
    of what I said, they respected me for my honesty. I made no attempt to tell them or
    anyone else some flattering falsehoods that they might be expected to enjoy hearing.

And I have known some Americans in the military or intelligence services who are very critical of Israel.
    While I may not disclose their names (No1Marauder presumably would deny that they could exist),
    I can mention that an Israeli journalist recently wrote that some senior officials in the CIA
    were privately supportive of the PLO. After Ali Hassan Salameh (a PLO leader and major
    CIA asset in Lebanon) was assassinated by Israeli agents (who also murdered several
    civilians in the same operation), Robert Ames (a top CIA official, who was killed in the
    suicidal bombing of the US Embassy in Beirut in 1983) wrote a moving letter of condolence
    to Ali Hassan Salameh's young son. As I recall, Robert Ames wrote that he had regarded
    his father (Ali Hassan Salameh) as a good man and his close friend. And he was ready
    to be the son's friend as well and to help him in any way that he could

So a top CIA official was a close friend of a top PLO leader, condemned as a 'terrorist' by Israel.

My general point is that very few American politicians seem ready to take any signficant
    political risks in challenging (occasional rhetoric is not enough) Israel's oppression of
    the Palestinians or the USA's practically unconditional support of that oppression.

I can name a few American politicians (Jimmy Carter, Paul Findley, Pete McCloskey)
    who have condemned Israel's apartheid-like racism or the Israeli lobby in the USA,
    but their criticisms came mostly, if not entirely, only after their political careers were over.

Can any American name any major active American politicians who declare their support
    for reducing or even eliminating the USA's lavish military and economic aid to Israel?
    Can any American even name any major active American politicians who are ready to
    condemn the Israeli lobby (AIPAC) in public?

"you're [sic] stated goal is to: "Give abusive lying racist trolls like Mchill something they need to hate..."
    --Mchill

Mchill's too ignorant or stupid to 1) know basic grammar 2) recognize obvious sarcasm and
    3) examine his own deep prejudices and motives for his tireless trolling.

As I recall, Finnegan has condemned the long campaign of abuse and lies by troll aimed at silencing me.
    So it's clear enough that these abusive lying trolls (including Mchill) take my posts more
    seriously than they sometimes like to pretend.
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    21 May '18 21:17

My primary source is

"Roy Alexander Farran ... was highly decorated ...[text shortened]... y Farran) in the UK?
    Do you know what...it has just occurred to me that I never once saw you post about Corbyn and his anti-Semitic antics.

Interesting that.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    21 May '18 21:462 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Do you know what...it has just occurred to me that I never once saw you post about Corbyn and his anti-Semitic antics.

Interesting that.
    I have no responsibility for the troll Divegeester's (real or feigned) ignorance of my posts.
    I also am not employed to carry water for Jeremy Corbyn, whose most notable supporters
    at RHP seem to be Finnegan and Shavixmir.

I write little about domestic UK politics and little about Jeremy Corbyn.
    The troll Divegeester might like to insinuate that I have been gushing with admiration
    for Jeremy Corbyn and then suddenly fell silent when he was criticized.

In response to Shavixmir's posts on Jeremy Corbyn, however, I did cite a 'Guardian'
    (which the right-wing Divegeester seems to loathe more than the Fox News Channel)
    article in which a British Jewish academic wrote that he strongly supports Jeremy Corbyn
    and regards accusations of anti-Semitism against him as unjustified. (Some British Jews disagree.)
    Shavixmir appreciated that article, which shows diversity in British Jewish opinions.

Returning to this thread's subject, does Divegeester approve of the Lehi's killing Rex Farran,
    while attempting to kill Roy Farran, in the UK? Does Divegeester regard it as anti-Semitic
    to criticize the Lehi for doing that or Israel for condoning it?
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    22 May '18 02:491 edit
    Israel's vaunted Mossad agents murdered an innocent Arab man in Norway,
    whom they had mistakenly identified as a PLO leader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillehammer_affair

"The Lillehammer affair...was the killing by Mossad agents of Ahmed Bouchikhi,[1]
    a Moroccan waiter and brother of the renowned musician Chico Bouchikhi,[2] in
    Lillehammer, Norway, on July 21, 1973. The Israeli agents had mistaken their target
    for Ali Hassan Salameh, the chief of operations for Black September."

Ali Hassan Salameh also was a major CIA asset in Lebanon (a friend of some top CIA officials).

I suspect that many supporters of Israel feel that Mossad did nothing seriously wrong,
    apart from bringing some embarrassment.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    22 May '18 03:011 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Wait...wut?

You read her posts? 😲
    Your posts and hers both suffer from the same problem of being too lengthy.
    (This one is 6 words too many)
  10. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 May '18 20:143 edits
    I forgot to mention the fact that some of my usual trolls have boasted that they take pride

"...to classify all Americans, or all people here on this site as blind supporters of Israel
    is a gross oversimplification."
    --Mchill

FALSE. The troll Mchill keeps blatantly lying. I never wrote that ab ...[text shortened]... ing trolls (including Mchill) take my posts more
    seriously than they sometimes like to pretend.

This may have something to do with the way you communicate with others here.

The measure you give will be the measure you receive. AKA - You reap what you sow.

- It's up to you Duchess.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '18 21:08
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Your posts and hers both suffer from the same problem of being too lengthy.
    (This one is 6 words too many)
    Wut is a word?
  12. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 May '18 21:52
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Wut is a word?
    He thinks cuz and dims are words as well. 🙄